THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
pimp.gif

Basketball is back!  NBATV w/ Nuggets vs Clippers, tonight!  Mudiay madness!

Last edited:
Durant's response:
"I don't talk to Stephen A Smith at all. No one in my family, my friends do. So he's lying."

This is why I love The Players Tribune I take everything talking heads say with a grain of salt... If it doesn't come from the players mouth (or Woj) I can't take it as truth.
The Players Tribune is a good idea, and you don't have to respect or believe the talking heads but, the news, mostly true, is still going to filter through Talking Heads

I'm not even mad at KD for calling SAS out but if you ask me, KD looks like a clown right now. 

Last edited:
Nah man.. Stephen a smith looks like the joke we all know how to w much of a joke these things have become.. Or we should all know

I don't think the only source has to be the player or someone close to him.. But I don't blame the player for calling these dudes out when it's just pure speculation without ligitimate information to back it up

Hell could just be coming from rival execs trying stir the pot.. Or from the team's themselves

there's no integrity in journalism anymore

it's all about page views & clicks

Amen. It's all about who can troll better.

That's what they are. Trolls that get paid for their trolling :lol:

agreed. I hope in time we hit a turning point and things change. I truly love having former players and coaches insight. but as far as journalism I find myself reading what writers have to say or here/reddit more than watching ESPN. Love NBATV of course.

Word coming out of training camp this week is that Boogie is knocking down 3s all over the place :nerd:

That Kentucky alum game may not have been a fluke

Last edited:
Nah man.. Stephen a smith looks like the joke we all know how to w much of a joke these things have become.. Or we should all know

I don't think the only source has to be the player or someone close to him.. But I don't blame the player for calling these dudes out when it's just pure speculation without ligitimate information to back it up

Hell could just be coming from rival execs trying stir the pot.. Or from the team's themselves
That's why I don't blame KD for calling him out. But going in with the "he's a liar" angle is wack. Those closest to you normally are the ones who have the loose lips, too.

KD must've been pissed man, but I think he went about it wrong, for sure.

That's why I don't blame KD for calling him out. But going in with the "he's a liar" angle is wack. Those closest to you normally are the ones who have the loose lips, too.

KD must've been pissed man, but I think he went about it wrong, for sure.

Keeping his answer concise works for him in my opinion..

I don't think he comes out that strongly unless he knows his full of it.. Not saying he won't leave or get wined and dined in free agency

But if he knows dude is talking crap, I don't blame him for making him look bad

Because the information was pretty speculative that could have came from a ton of sources that don't really have much info actually from Durant and could have their own personal interests

I hope Mudiay gets to be great :pimp:

Can anybody be objective about the Rose situation? Really doesn't seem like it so far

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptrmodawy2rlngmwzguxmtfhotcwmzg5nzm5mznjztkz-e1443791726829.jpeg

Paul George: I’m NBA’s best player
10 Comments 
By Dan FeldmanOct 2, 2015, 9:14 AM EDT

Paul George wants to win MVP this season.

That shouldn’t be hard, considering he’s the NBA’s best player – at least according to him.

George, via Sam Amick of USA Today:

““Honestly, I feel like I’m better than the Paul George I was (before),” George, who played sparingly and cautiously in the Pacers’ final six games of last season, told USA TODAY Sports. “I do understand that I’m coming back as a fresh new player, with a new team, but I’m not limiting myself. I still have the aspiration of being the MVP, still have the aspiration of being one of the best defenders, one of the best scorers in the league. All of that is still there. But now I just feel like I’m much … wiser. I’m a better ballhandler, a better playmaker. I just feel like everything is just enhanced having a year out from the game.”

““Myself,” he said when asked which player enters this season as the best of them all. “I honestly feel that this is my time to prove it. There’s always going to be people’s opinions. There’s always going to be people thinking otherwise. But this is my time to prove it, and I’m ready. I’m ready to show the world.””

If George picks up where he left off before his injury, he could work his way into the MVP discussion. I don’t think he’ll reach LeBron James/Kevin Durant/Anthony Davis production, but he could. We’ve seen it.

Stephen Curry rose from a similar level to win MVP in 2015. That type of growth is rare, but it’s obviously not unprecedented.

George’s injury concerns me, though. So much of his game is based on athleticism. He’s a smart defender, but his athleticism puts him on another level. He has worked hard to develop his offensive skills, but his athleticism allows him to finish at the rim on his dribble drives there. And the threat of those drives open those outside shots.

George didn’t look like himself in his brief run late last season, and that’s understandable. But he must show his athleticism remains in tact before I take this MVP/best-player talk even remotely seriously.

paul george better have worked on his handles cause they was weak the last time we saw him ... .... that awkward looking game... dont really think he will be a top tier /mvp type player. i dont buy it from pg..... 

those denver old school jerseys  are so 
pimp.gif

Last edited:

The Players Tribune is a good idea, and you don't have to respect or believe the talking heads but, the news, mostly true, is still going to filter through Talking Heads

I'm not even mad at KD for calling SAS out but if you ask me, KD looks like a clown right now. 
im not a fan of sas nor do i watch first take but i dont believe kd. two side to every story. maybe he just doesnt want all the media speculation /create a distraction for his team so he denying that hes even thinking about going elsewhere.  I believe sas more then i do kd. players lie all the damn time. 

Last edited:
Great deal for Henson.

In my own personal opinion, I think both Henson and Ed Davis (3yrs/$20M) are better players than Thompson or at least on par with what Thompson is. But, for some reason, the national perception is different. :lol:

That's not even an opinion it's a fact, they are both better and by a good margin.

Henson was one of the most elite defensive bigs in the league last year period and Davis had a career year on both ends.

If the Cavs were actually smart they woulda just got Davis for the low and let TT walk.

It's always a good idea to get a better player for 60+ million dollars cheaper.

Just another example of how much narrative plays into an NBA career. There is no way in hell Thompson is even in this position if his agent wasn't Rich Paul and he wasn't buddy buddy with Bron.

That's exactly what I said last year!

Cleveland could have gotten ed last year but he slipped alway to the Lakers. Thompson is replaceable, no one will pay him that much for rebounding. The guys choices are questionable...I mean how can you just figure out that you are right handed after all these years. Lol

The Pacers making the playoffs will be an accomplishment let alone pg winning MVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom