THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the height of linsanity came to South Beach and Coach Spo had D.Wade and Bron doing what Steven A and others were mentioning (make him dribble with his left hand) and he had several quick turnovers via that method should have told you everything you needed to know. Still can not grasp how an NBA point cant dribble with his off hand. And keeps getting contracts

IDK if you're a Knick fan but Knick fans CONSTANTLY bring up this game against Miami as a way to bash Lin. Miami had one of the best defenses in the league that year and they were ultra aggressive against PGs and especially the PNR. They were blitzing and trapping at a level no one has really matched since. Lin was not the only PG completely flustered by that defense. It happened all the time. PNR guards or systems could not beat them.

Not a Knick fan.Just basic observation when watching basketball and you can still see it if youre looking at more than boxscores and espn highlights. They were guarding (full court man to man no trapping) him off made baskets there was never a chance to get to the pick and roll.
No need to trap, because he could not turn the corner when going to the left because he kept turning it over in just trying to get past half court.

Last edited:
Steven Adams would have been that age that year and scotty actually playing him is one of the main reasons we beat Memphis and the clippers that year

Plus playing Perkins less

Name me one contender with a 19-20 year old playing meaningful minutes. I'm still waiting.

Lamb is 23. He was "19-20" for his rookie season only. So it's understandable he didn't play much then.

However, if he couldn't carve out a role with all of the injuries they had last season....I'm not sure how much of that was on coaching. I mean for a team that could have used all they help they could get...why would the staff hold him back and in turn...hold the team back? He played 20 minutes per in his second season. He was on an upward projectory from years one to 2 and fell off last year. I'm not sure how much of that was brooks fault.

He played almost 30 minutes per in the first month of last season and was average at best.

Last edited:
Steven Adams would have been that age that year and scotty actually playing him is one of the main reasons we beat Memphis and the clippers that year

Plus playing Perkins less

Name me one contender with a 19-20 year old playing meaningful minutes. I'm still waiting.

The thunder, the team Jeremy lamb was on.. Needed Steven Adams, who was 19 until July 2013, to play meaningful minutes

That's the season I'm referring to.. Durant's MVP season.. Westbrook missed games

Last edited:
Yes and no. Like Baltimore is a small big city. Everybody from each side of town typically knows each other. When you go on the other side, you kinda stick out...cuz you aren't familiar with as many people. Like I can go to most courts on the East side from the county to city, and know at least one person. I go ova west, and they know I'm not from round there.

Them dudes are just different ova west. Dirty, cruddy ******. They'll tell you the same about dudes from ova east :lol:. No real beef....but life has been threatened crossing west northern parkway thru shots, fights, threats etc :lol:
You Bmore dude are different :lol:

My moms side from Bmore so I'm kinda in the loop. When I go check fam I'm always on 100 ******* with y'all dudes. :lol:

Yes and no. Like Baltimore is a small big city. Everybody from each side of town typically knows each other. When you go on the other side, you kinda stick out...cuz you aren't familiar with as many people. Like I can go to most courts on the East side from the county to city, and know at least one person. I go ova west, and they know I'm not from round there.

Them dudes are just different ova west. Dirty, cruddy ******. They'll tell you the same about dudes from ova east :lol:. No real beef....but life has been threatened crossing west northern parkway thru shots, fights, threats etc :lol:

I was visiting my sister a few years back she lived in abington(spell check). I told her I wanted to go to a "gym" and hoop....she took me to somewhere Idk what side of town I was on but I was hooping outside on magnolia street.
I've never been scared of anyone but it was kinda real over there for a lil bit they knew I wasn't from there how I talked.
Got a few hard fouls but it's all good met a young dude out there nicknamed "boogie" he had game

serious question I never understand why Bmore cats like that. Like them westside fools would automatically know you from the ES and they would start pulling some foolishness?

Stringer Bell already told me all I needed to know about Bmore and I never een visited that city before lol

Julius Randle in a nutshell:

Quick off the dribble
Solid handle for a PF
Good vision
Strong
Only goes left. Absolutely no right hand
Can't shoot
Can't finish over length
Can't defend.

But he's only 20, and has natural talent. He will improve, but his ceiling isn't nearly as high as some think.
Can't finish over length? He has Blake Griffin athleticism, you must not watch games just check box scores 

Don't make me post his hoopsmixtape video
the black david lee 
pimp.gif

why are the Lakers not in the poll?

I would like to vote for them
honestly, I only left them out because they would get the most votes

You did the right thing.

Those who would normally vote for a team Least likely to win it, such as the Lakers, just vote for the team listed, who is least likely to win the West, like the Warriors. (Or Pelicans)

Last edited:
I was visiting my sister a few years back she lived in abington(spell check). I told her I wanted to go to a "gym" and hoop....she took me to somewhere Idk what side of town I was on but I was hooping outside on magnolia street.
I've never been scared of anyone but it was kinda real over there for a lil bit they knew I wasn't from there how I talked.
Got a few hard fouls but it's all good met a young dude out there nicknamed "boogie" he had game

I live kinda in the Abingdon area now. It's the suburbs. Only places I know named Magnolia in Baltimore is all the way out there in the suburbs, or ova west in Park Heights (Zone 15) which is in the hood. Was it by a synagogue? Park Heights is a hood my man got his car shot at before at :lol:. But it's weird because there's a huge historic Jewish Community on one side closer to the county, and the trap on the other side.

We don't call fouls in Baltimore basketball. The dude that fouls you is supposed to call it as opposed to you calling it :lol:. When I play outta town, and don't call fouls...some pick up on me not calling fouls and start trying to hack until **** gets real lol.

It's weird, but if you know you fouled somebody, you're supposed to own up to them and give them ball...if not, it means you're trying to cheat the game...or don't respect the guy you clearly fouled.

I live kinda in the Abingdon area now. It's the suburbs. Only places I know named Magnolia in Baltimore is all the way out there in the suburbs, or ova west in Park Heights (Zone 15) which is in the hood. Was it by a synagogue? Park Heights is a hood my man got his car shot at before at :lol:. But it's weird because there's a huge historic Jewish Community on one side closer to the county, and the trap on the other side.

We don't call fouls in Baltimore basketball. The dude that fouls you is supposed to call it as opposed to you calling it :lol:. When I play outta town, and don't call fouls...some pick up on me not calling fouls and start trying to hack until **** gets real lol.

It's weird, but if you know you fouled somebody, you're supposed to own up to them and give them ball...if not, it means you're trying to cheat the game...or don't respect the guy you clearly fouled.

Park heights definitely sounds familiar. I'm sure it was the hood. It was behind a plaza and down the street from a waa-waa's

Last edited:
you cant just focus on hate though

the only reason lin has any fans is because he's asian 
lies.

I see blacka. Whites..Hispanics loving dude.
Ya just hate him because he isn't your savior.

Soon enough he's gonna get the start on kemba walker. Penetrate better, better defense and can facilitate better than walker.

Lin > walker

lies.

I see blacka. Whites..Hispanics loving dude.
Ya just hate him because he isn't your savior.

Soon enough he's gonna get the start on kemba walker. Penetrate better, better defense and can facilitate better than walker.

Lin > walker
if he was black he would (at best) reach raymond felton levels of fame

people like him because he's different (racially) than everyone else in the league 

IMO the biggest reason why people hate on Lin is because he's Asian, similar to why people hated on Yao.

Yeah and that's also why most people hate on him. I don't get how people don't understand blind racial allegiance? Especially in America lol. I don't see the big issue on a group of people being fans of an average to slightly above player of the same ethnic background when he's the first of the kind (asian-american and not just Asian). I find it absolutely ridiculous and maybe consider the person a racist if he/she thought Lin was garbage like some people do. The same people who were saying Yao Ming was garbage had no problems with Hibert making ASG teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom