THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You keep saying people said Yao was garbage who?

If I remember correctly, Yao was respected in nt, but outside of nt he didn't have many fans nonasians. I just find it weird that the same Lin haters are normally manny pacq haters. But maybe that's just the people around me. And I only said it once pleghboi

Last edited:

IMO the biggest reason why people hate on Lin is because he's Asian, similar to why people hated on Yao.
you cant just focus on hate though

the only reason lin has any fans is because he's asian 
Yeah and that's also why most people hate on him. I don't get how people don't understand blind racial allegiance? Especially in America lol. I don't see the big issue on a group of people being fans of an average to slightly above player of the same ethnic background when he's the first of the kind (asian-american and not just Asian). I find it absolutely ridiculous and maybe consider the person a racist if he/she thought Lin was garbage like some people do. The same people who were saying Yao Ming was garbage had no problems with Hibert making ASG teams.
lin is garbage though, pure garbage 

If I remember correctly, Yao was respected in nt, but outside of nt he didn't have many fans nonasians. I just find it weird that the same Lin haters are normally manny pacq haters. But maybe that's just the people around me. And I only said it once pleghboi

Those 3 people have one thing in common, overhyping by their native fanbase, Yao was damn good but he was no Shaq, Manny is good, but he's no Floyd. Lin it's just unadulterated feces.

Last edited:

Those 3 people have one thing in common, overhyping by their native fanbase, Yao was damn good but he was no Shaq, Manny is good, but he's no Floyd. Lin it's just unadulterated feces.

Yeah that's why I brought them up lol. The only time blind racial alligence is brought up and questioned is when its Asian athletes lol. I guess Im the only who thinks that's racist.

I think it ridiculous to like a athlete because of something like race . I'm Mexican but I never liked or rooted for e najera ...

If you have game you have game and people will see that. If you're not black it's a bonus to your popularity especially in the NBA. Sea is completely on point, Jeremy has a last name other than Lin, doubt he'd lasted as long as he has.

Yeah that's why I brought them up lol. The only time blind racial alligence is brought up and questioned is when its Asian athletes lol. I guess Im the only who thinks that's racist.
it happens when there is one racial outlier in an entire sport.

same thing happened with how black people rooted for tiger woods (but he actually was the best at his craft, unlike the other names mentioned) 

oh and micheal vick playing QB (a mostly white position) got overrated too (he's still the GOAT madden player tho)

its not only when asians do it 

white people thought larry bird was a literal god in the 80s, and there were black people who hated him because of how "overrated" he was 

its not an asian thing. 

Idt Larry bird is a good example but the others I feel you and I guess I completely overlooked them. But going back to my point, I don't get why people don't get blind racial alligence, especially in America. Is it stupid? Maybe. But what's wrong with supporting and being loyal to your folks?

Idt Larry bird is a good example but the others I feel you and I guess I completely overlooked them. But going back to my point, I don't get why people don't get blind racial alligence, especially in America. Is it stupid? Maybe. But what's wrong with supporting and being loyal to your folks?
i dont mind loyal alligence, just do it rationally 

I'm a bigger fan of steve nash than the average american because he's from canada but thats all there is to it. I'm a bigger fan, I dont overrated him because I like him more than american players

generally is casual fans that overrate these players based on race since they dont know any better. 

sadly a lot of sports fans think "who do you want to win" and "who do you think will win" are the same question 

I'm a bigger fan of steve nash than the average american because he's from canada but thats all there is to it. I'm a bigger fan, I dont overrated him because I like him more than american players

generally is casual fans that overrate these players based on race since they dont know any better. 

sadly a lot of sports fans think "who do you want to win" and "who do you think will win" are the same question 

No I agree 100% but you claimed Lin is trash tho lol. If you're rational, you would realize he's far from trash.

Last edited:

No I agree 100% but you claimed Lin is trash tho lol. If you're rational, you would realize he's far from trash.
my claim that lin is trash is not because he's asian. 

any rockets/knicks/lakers fan will tell you that he is trash. he is quite simply the most frustrating basketball player to watch in the NBA

He only sucks because he was forced to start and run the princeton. Even tho he started only 30 games and didn't run the princeton

200_s.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom