THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno man. Teams are generally right when they give up on 1st year players, at least in recent years. It's like in the NFL when a 30 year old running back gets cut, they're almost always washed. Plus vonleh wasn't that nice in school

Last edited:
yup, Boss is a player 

Aminu gonna get his this season, too with a bigger role 

Dunno man. Teams are generally right when they give up on 1st year players, at least in recent years. It's like in the NFL when a 30 year old running back gets cut, they're almost always washed. Plus vonleh wasn't that nice in school

It's stupid to give up on a 19 year old lottery pick who's played 200 minutes in the NBA especially when you're a team that's not even close to contending or even going deep in the playoffs.

Who cares what he did 1 year at a terribly coached program?

Yea, without ed they will for sure miss the playoffs

You obviously don't understand keeping assets, they aren't going to be good regardless, might as well keep young talent and develop it.

Blazers are doing it the right way while the Lakes future is hinged to 3 players, two of whom play the same position and hoping for big time FA's.

I'm saying, they are more privy to his development and probably saw some huge red flags that made them cut ties. They see him in practice everyday etc. Did he even play last year? Out of all the guys that have been dropped after/during their rookie year I can't think of one that was really a huge mistake.

pimp.gif

Kevin Durant [emoji]10004[/emoji] @KDTrey5

Opened our first US #KDCF court today at North Highland in OKC! #BuildItAndTheyWillBall

11:32 AM - 5 Oct 2015

Last edited:
You obviously don't understand keeping assets, they aren't going to be good regardless, might as well keep young talent and develop it.

Blazers are doing it the right way while the Lakes future is hinged to 3 players, two of whom play the same position and hoping for big time FA's.

Ed davis is 26 going into his 6th year and 4th team, there's nothing left to develop. It should tell you something that he's coming off the bench for the blazers. He was a nice piece but not irreplaceable. Upshaw is younger, cheaper, has a higher ceiling and brings more of what the team needs, specifically rim protection. Lakers have just as many if not more young prospects than pdx so I don't know what you're talking about there. Also clarkson and russell do not play the same position, style or even areas of the court

Last edited:
I'm saying, they are more privy to his development and probably saw some huge red flags that made them cut ties. They see him in practice everyday etc. Did he even play last year? Out of all the guys that have been dropped after/during their rookie year I can't think of one that was really a huge mistake.

You're speaking as if the Hornets organization is actually privy to anything, they drafted Zeller and Frank Kaminksy in the lottery in between Vonleh yet trade him.

If you think that it's a good idea to trade teenage lottery picks in the position they're in then :lol:.

Name a teenage lotto pick that was dropped in the past 5 years that turned out to be a mistake. That's what I'm going off of, history not speculation and projections. I thought it was dumb too until I actually looked at similar cases

It's stupid to give up on a 19 year old lottery pick who's played 200 minutes in the NBA especially when you're a team that's not even close to contending or even going deep in the playoffs.

Who cares what he did 1 year at a terribly coached program?

His point is that even though it looks bad - it very rarely backfires. It's a good gamble to pick someone up like that but the ones that work out are more the exception. Any recent success stories you can think of? 1-2 year players given away for nothing that end up making their teams pay

mgrand15 mgrand15 bless you, take this rep.

Fact is they would probably be better off if they traded guys like Adam morrison, kemba, Zeller after 1 year for guys like batum

Last edited:
Ed davis is 26 going into his 6th year and 4th team, there's nothing left to develop. He was a nice piece but not irreplaceable. Upshaw has a higher ceiling and brings more of what the team needs, specifically rim protection. Lakers have just as many if not more young prospects than pdx so I don't know what you're talking about there. Also clarkson and russell do not play the same position, style or even areas of the court

Him being 26 is exactly the point, he's just now in his prime as he showed last year. Who cares how many teams he's been on, that isn't relevant to his on court production.

Show me a guy his age that provides borderline elite rim protection, great in the pick and roll and a highly effecient finisher for 6.5 million a year.

They don't have more young prospects than Portland, you're tripping. Clarkson, Russell, Randle, Nance and maybe Upshaw.

Only one of those guys has even showed anything in the league.

Portland has CJ/Plumlee/Leonard/Aminu/Davis/Alexander/Harkless

5 of those guys have already showed promise in actual games.

But yea bet on a guy who went undrafted to due to a myriad of red flags instead of getting a guy coming off a career year for cheap. The likelihood of Upshaw even becoming Ed Davis is very low.

And are you serious regarding Clarkson/Russell? They're both ball dominant guards and both thrive in the pick and roll, Clarkson isn't good off the ball.

They signed Brandon Bass for the same money, that Davis wants, he's 30 years old and has never been as good as Davis is.

It was a stupid move.

His point is that even though it looks bad - it very rarely backfires. It's a good gamble to pick someone up like that but the ones that work out are more the exception. Any recent success stories you can think of? 1-2 year players given away for nothing that end up making their teams pay

There aren't many lottery picks given up after the first year.

Robinson is the only recent one I can think of, Austin Rivers too but he should've never been a lottery pick to begin with.

Neither player is really comparable to Vonleh potential wise either.

Robinson came in the league at 21, undersize, can't shoot.

Vonleh was the youngest player in the league, 7-4 wingspan and shot 40% from 3 in college.

Austin Rivers is Austin Rivers.

Lakers currently have 9 guys under 24. Guys like aminu and davis are in their 6th year already. What are you really talking about? The guy you're gassing up hasn't shown anything and was traded for a proven vet. When you have a young team you need vets so in that sense bass is more valuable. You're talking like losing ed was a death blow. Upshaw projects to be an elite rim protector. He is the young talent they will keep and develop like you say. Again I don't know what you're talking about.

Anthony bennett is another example of a 1 and done player.

How many laker games did you watch to really know clarkson's game? He and russell compliment each other as well as a 1 and 2 can

Last edited:
Lakers currently have 9 guys under 24. Guys like aminu and davis are in their 6th year already. What are you really talking about? The guy you're gassing up hasn't shown anything. When you have a young team you need vets so in that sense bass is more valuable. You're talking like losing ed was a death blow. Upshaw projects to be an elite rim protector. Again I don't know what you're talking about.

How many laker games did you watch to really know clarkson's game? He and russell compliment each other as well as a 1 and 2 can

They're in their 6th years but they still are 25 and 26, if you haven't heard NBA players peak at 28 so....

Watched pretty much every game of Lakers where Clarkson was starting at PG and a bunch of Russell in college.

Idk how much you watched if you think he's better off the ball than on it.

If Upshaw really projected to be an elite rim protector, he would've been drafted. He has a chance but he's very far from a sure thing.

If you think it's smart to let Davis walk and pay Brandon Bass the same money because he's a "vet", you're either a fool or Jim Buss, which is basically the same thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom