THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray Allen lost to AI in the 2001 WCF in game 7. He also led a bad Seattle team to a top 3 seed. VC led his team to the conference finals, and put up crazy numbers. Harden has been trash in the playoffs as a 1st option. Let's be cereal.

AI wasn't a bad defender...he just roamed and stuck PG's because the PG's of the early 2000's were subpar, and AI was too small. This allows him to be a menace in the passing lanes, and get a stupid number of steals. AI's gambling didn't hurt Philly. It was part of the scheme. Almost Ed Reed like. And AI was a good facilitator too.

Tmac was just amazing. He played on an absolutely terrible team.
Ray Allen is not on Harden'a level let's be cereal here.

Harden being trash in the playoffs is overblown.  

Playoff Averages

Vince Carter in New Jersey

26/7/5 on 42/33/77

Vince Carter in Toronto

25.7/6/5 on 42/36/81

James Harden in Houston

27/6/6 on 41/35/88 He takes about 10ft a game though i think.

and yet one was trash and the other putting up crazy numbers

AI was a bad defender steals=/= good defense having to hide him on defense is also a sign.

TMAC was amazing but you know how his injuries/playoff career went....

Like Wade wasn't playing godlike in 06 and Dallas having a meltdown in the finals. But we have this debate on here all the time :lol:

Feels like nobody here watched a prime Ray Allen play....he was amazing 2000-2005
I did when he was rocking Jordan XX PE's and dropping 50 in the playoffs
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

West averaged more points (without the three point line) assists, and rebounds, 10 time all NBA first team to 2, 4 time all defensive team to 0. Going to the finals 10 times is still impressive. It just sucks he ran into Russell's Celtics.

West averaged more points (without the three point line) assists, and rebounds, 10 time all NBA first team to 2, 4 time all defensive team to 0. Going to the finals 10 times is still impressive. It just sucks he ran into Russell's Celtics.
everyone had stupidly high stats in that era

getting to the finals doesnt mean much when you dont win.

losing in the finals just means you wouldnt have made the finals if you were in the other conference 

Oh and fxck Harden's flopping self. I remember watching the Lakers game where Blake hit the game winner over Dwight, and early on in the game, the Lakers led by about 15. Harder proceeded to literally throw himself at defenders on back to back to back to back possessions and tied up the score with basically just free throws. Pure BS.

Flash in his prime is a top 5 most exciting player I've ever seen :pimp:

He up there. For me. Other than Jordan of course.

1. AI
2. Penny
3. Kobe
4. Melo
5. Blake (Rookie Season)

Those dudes were must see TV for me. Penny was the first NBA player I remember being a fan of as a kid and all I remember were dunks and 3's :lol:.

losing in the finals just means you wouldnt have made the finals if you were in the other conference 
True. I'm just a bit hesitant placing him in top 3 shooting guards in history when he really wasn't a very good, um, shooter.

I hope you feel the same about Lebron as you do with Jerry West.

There were only 3 rounds then I believe. 1st, then conference finals, then finals. Numbers were slightly inflated back then, but I will admit that if Jerry West had a 3pt line, he'd be still averaging 30. One of the best shooters ever....kind of evens out though because wade takes an insanely low volume of 3's. Prime wade was a better defender too though....Kobe robbed him of a few first team selections based on rep.

True. I'm just a bit hesitant placing him in top 3 shooting guards in history when he really wasn't a very good, um, shooter.

I hope you feel the same about Lebron as you do with Jerry West.
lebron is the biggest fraud of our generation 

that time jerry west hit a half court shot at the buzzer to send a finals game into OT

I think they still lost that game, would they have won the series if that shot was a 3? 

There were only 3 rounds then I believe. 1st, then conference finals, then finals. Numbers were slightly inflated back then, but I will admit that if Jerry West had a 3pt line, he'd be still averaging 30. One of the best shooters ever....kind of evens out though because wade takes an insanely low volume of 3's. Prime wade was a better defender too though....Kobe robbed him of a few first team selections based on rep.
That's a bold statement. Which years?

that time jerry west hit a half court shot at the buzzer to send a finals game into OT

I think they still lost that game, would they have won the series if that shot was a 3? 

Maybe not. You have to adjust the score for every shot taken and made from 3pt range.

dwade is possibly the best shotblocking sg of all time, i wouldnt say he's ever been an overall better defender than kobe though 

I'll say he's a better defender than Kobe then :lol:. In his prime he did it all,steals,rebounding,blocks :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:

Maybe not. You have to adjust the score for every shot taken and made from 3pt range.
i dont think that would make much of a difference

in the 80s when there was a 3pt line they hardly ever shot any 3s

i dont think they would shoot any from that far out unless it was end of shotclock stuff

lebron is the biggest fraud of our generation 
[emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]

Game 3 in a finals Series va the Knicks. Was tied 1-1. Lakers ended up losing that game. Knicks won in 7. So idk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom