THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It's a shame that Luke Ridnour didn't get to be a backup pg on more good teams. Wasted away in Minnesota in his low top Kobe's....
i still have my ridnour sonics jersey 
laugh.gif

his downfall was when he ran out of kobe 5s 

James Harden is no where near Ray Allen. Ray Allen was making all-star teams, in an era of great SG play. He averaged over 22 points per game, playing alongside Sam Cassell, Vin Baker, and Glenn Robinson. Harden is a better passer/facilitator, and that's where it stops. Ray is the better shooter, defender, etc. Ray Allen was once in a DUNK CONTEST...

Ray stopped driving and dunking, to extend his career. He use to get hacked like crazy, going into the lane. Guys like Mutombo, Shaq, Mourning, Bradley, Eddy Curry, Yao Ming, Theo Ratliff. The league was full of shotblockers

Ray is above James

The Heat had 15,43,47, and 58 wins during that time span. And you think he'd be All NBA over Kobe leading the semi dynasty Lakers of the late 2000's?

All defensive. I didn't say he was better than Kobe. I was saying he was a better defender from 08-11, when Kobe was getting the 1st team all defense nod. Really til now since they are both playing lol.

Last edited:
All defensive. I didn't say he was better than Kobe. I was saying he was a better defender from 08-11, when Kobe was getting the 1st team all defense nod. Really til now since they are both playing lol.
Ahh ok. Still debatable. Kobe's defensive decline only really started the year before Nash and Dwight came, so the 2011-2012 season.

Remmeber that year (think it was 08) when the heat were terrible but Wade led the league in scoring and played his *** off? Dude was something else from his 2nd year in the L till the 2nd year LeBron took his talents to South Beach. Should've worked on a 3 point shot which wouldve prolonged his prime

Ahh ok. Still debatable. Kobe's defensive decline only really started the year before Nash and Dwight came, so the 2011-2012 season.

It really started 2010 when Ron took over guarding the #1 options, and Kobe was just roaming and resting on defense.

Ron was busting his *** sticking the other teams best player, and got 2nd team all defense that year...while
Kobe got first team. Wade was out here averaging close to 2 steals and 1.5 blocks a game in his prime. '08 Wade was insane.

Hated him when Bron got there and he got Hollywood and all on his butt-buddy tip :smh:

West averaged more points (without the three point line) assists, and rebounds, 10 time all NBA first team to 2, 4 time all defensive team to 0. Going to the finals 10 times is still impressive. It just sucks he ran into Russell's Celtics.
Teams were AVERAGING 120 points a night. The pace back then was like a video game man.

It's virtually impossible to compare players who played 40 years apart.

Last edited:
Dudes acting like you can't rate players you have never seen play live are probably the type to get mad at a kid for saying Kobe is the goat sg because they are not respecting history

James Harden is no where near Ray Allen. Ray Allen was making all-star teams, in an era of great SG play. He averaged over 22 points per game, playing alongside Sam Cassell, Vin Baker, and Glenn Robinson. Harden is a better passer/facilitator, and that's where it stops. Ray is the better shooter, defender, etc. Ray Allen was once in a DUNK CONTEST...

Ray stopped driving and dunking, to extend his career. He use to get hacked like crazy, going into the lane. Guys like Mutombo, Shaq, Mourning, Bradley, Eddy Curry, Yao Ming, Theo Ratliff. The league was full of shotblockers

Ray is above James

James Harden making All NBA 1st teams and All star teams going up against Curry Westbrook Wall Paul Irving Lillard Thompson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ray Making all star teams if I'm not mistaken Micheal Redd made an all star team Steve Francis Sam Cassell were all stars a lot of players made the all star game if we're using that as a basis :lol: He is also a better scorer BTW and you insisting like Ray Allen was some sort of a lockdown defender he was average at best before he got to Boston and the dunk contest argument :lol: maybe he couldn't create consistently to get into the lane or run a pick and roll at an elite level don't make excuses for players not driving man they should put pressure on the defense to either score or create for others even though he is an all time great shooter he should still get to the rim

James Harden making All NBA 1st teams and All star teams going up against Curry Westbrook Wall Paul Irving Lillard Thompson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ray Making all star teams if I'm not mistaken Micheal Redd made an all star team Steve Francis Sam Cassell were all stars a lot of players made the all star game if we're using that as a basis :lol: He is also a better scorer BTW and you insisting like Ray Allen was some sort of a lockdown defender he was average at best before he got to Boston and the dunk contest argument :lol: maybe he couldn't create consistently to get into the lane or run a pick and roll at an elite level don't make excuses for players not driving man they should put pressure on the defense to either score or create for others even though he is an all time great shooter he should still get to the rim

Ray played against Kobe, AI, Vince, TMac, Reggie Miller, 96-98 Jordan/01-03 Wizards MJ, Rip Hamilton, Corey Maggette. Stop it man...

Also, Ray played in the era, where there was no zone defense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom