THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest moment of the season was that 4th quarter comeback where he didn't even play.

Elimination game vs the Warriors and he plays the worst game I have ever seen anyone play and that's not even an exaggeration.

He gets his empty stats but constantly fails to show up when it matters.

I know you hate the Clips...and they should've closed that out. But you know that Josh Smith and Corey Brewer went insane, while Harden was on the bench.

There was like a .05% chance of the Rockets coming back to win that game. If it wasn't for Josh Smith hitting 6 3's in a quarter, we'd be talking about Harden in a completely different light.

He just put up 27/6/8 on 44/38/92 this past postseason. Sounds like he finally made the adjustments too me. And he still managed to get to the line 10+ times a game. On the deepest playoff run he's ever made as a first option as well.
the last time he played in the postseason he set a record for the most turnovers.. i hate this stats bs. watch the games....we all know when the big moment comes harden is going to f up. just a fact of life. 

if you look at the stats, peyton manning and tom brady have almost identical stats in the post season....stats smats..... 
I did watch the games. I saw a player who made the adjustments people said he couldn't going into the post-season. Your bound to have a few bad games while playing in the post-season, especially as the number #1 focus. The fact that he could sit out and his team could manage a comeback also proves he had some competent help around him. Why would I punish him for that? He went out on a sour note but it seems to me he took that step up. And there's still room for improvement.

Y'all sitting here talking about stat nerds this and that yet praise certain guys for shooting till their arms falloff and claim it's because he had heart. Y'all don't see the hypocrisy in that?

Last edited:
There is no reason the clippers should have lost that game. Harden was terrible and the comeback didn't happen until he got benched and josh smith turned into steph curry.

Mchale deserves props for keeping harden on the bench, most coaches put their star player back on

I know you hate the Clips...and they should've closed that out. But you know that Josh Smith and Corey Brewer went insane, while Harden was on the bench.

There was like a .05% chance of the Rockets coming back to win that game. If it wasn't for Josh Smith hitting 6 3's in a quarter, we'd be talking about Harden in a completely different light.

That comeback was unreal. After Clips got over that Spurs hurdle, I thought them boys might win it all. Brewer and Josh were zipping around the court. Play after play. Harden needs some conditioning tips from Corey Brewer. Being that Harden is 26 y/o, if he keeps with the 1-on-1 isolation shenanigans, and lousy defense, when he reaches 30+ years old, I can't imagine watching his game. It may tail spin into something horrible.

The guy is good but, we need more defensive highlights from him. His offense will always be in play. Just look at the latest superstar players, who don't show much defensive effort. They've been runner-ups, more often than not.

Last edited:
There is no reason the clippers should have lost that game. Harden was terrible and the comeback didn't happen until he got benched and josh smith turned into steph curry.

Mchale deserves props for keeping harden on the bench, most coaches put their star player back on
What's your point? Isn't that what teammates are for? They contribute and maybe even go beyond that when you struggle? Why would I punish James for that?

Techinally he's been to the NBA finals, not that he showed up
Oh yeah that too 
laugh.gif
 well played

What's your point? Isn't that what teammates are for? They contribute and maybe even go beyond that when you struggle? Why would I punish James for that?
Not punishing him for his teammates stepping up but pointing out that he was not the reason for his teams postseason success.

The difference between Chris Paul and James hardens playoff failures are that when Chris Paul loses he plays decently but not quite good enough. When hardens teams lose its because he is the main reason for his teams falures. You watch a James harden playoff game and at times it seems like he's intentionally throwing.

I remember reading reports of the clown hitting up stripclubs before conference finals games

Skill set of a top 5 player, brain of Jr smith

Not punishing him for his teammates stepping up but pointing out that he was not the reason for his teams postseason success.

The difference between Chris Paul and James hardens playoff failures are that when Chris Paul loses he plays decently but not quite good enough. When hardens teams lose its because he is the main reason for his teams falures. You watch a James harden playoff game and at times it seems like he's intentionally throwing.
It's not possible to always have great performances though. It sounds like to me y'all focus on the bad games and completely ignore the good games and pick and choose what to judge a player by. In the grand scale of things, I see an extremely talented SG who still has issues to work out. I mean I can't say that Harden isn't the reason or one of the reasons, he's their #1 option. When he struggled from the field he did what he did best and got to the line even more often than usual. Isn't that what guys are supposed to do? He still created, he still rebounded, his defense can use lots of work though.

Last edited:

Agreed except for CP's performance in the last few minutes of Game 5 against OKC in 2014. He was affirmatively, aggressively bad in that stretch.

It's not possible to always have great performances though. It sounds like to me y'all focus on the bad games and completely ignore the good games and pick and choose what to judge a player by. In the grand scale of things, I see an extremely talented SG who still has issues to work out. I mean I can't say that Harden isn't the reason or one of the reasons, he's their #1 option. When he struggled from the field he did what he did best and got to the line even more often than usual. Isn't that what guys are supposed to do? He still created, he still rebounded, his defense can use lots of work though.
There are a bunch of playoff games where you watch him and think the rockets would be better if he didn't play. Where it's not that he wasn't good enough but he was as much of a reason his team lost as the other teams best player.

Chris Paul loses playoff series because he's not good enough, it's like he gets a 78 on a quiz where he needs an 85. James harden loses playoff series because he plays terribly and throws games, like he only needs a 50 to pass a quiz but gets a 0 drawing penises on the answer key. It's unacceptable for anyone trying to be top 5 in the league

He played out his mind for 3 of the 5 games against the Warriors . You can make the argument that he was the best player in that series till game 5

Last edited:
Of course harden has dominant games. All top 10 players have dominant games in the playoffs. The difference between harden and other stars is that with harden in a playoff game you don't know if he's going to be the best player on the floor or the worst.

And all the praise he gets is purely on offence, it's not even that he's unable to play defence like Nash but he just doesn't put any effort into it. How can you say someone cares about winning if they don't put any effort into trying to play defence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom