THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Ibaka isn't as skilled as Randle when it comes to Basketball?

But Randle is not going to out Athlete Ibaka, period. 

Javelin: Ibaka

High Jump: Ibaka

Long Jump: Ibaka

Limbo(where you duck low under the stick): Ibaka

fklsjdf; Ibaka

eruieu: Ibaka

Athletic anything; Ibaka

Last edited:
Andre Miller is still a pg at 60..

Not sure what guard skills have to do with athleticism

You play sports? Coordination is a key component

I swam, ran track and played football throughout high school

But as per this conversation, Chris Paul would probably be viewed by the average joe as the best pg in the league.. We know for damn sure he ain't the most athletic

roll.gif
it keeps getting better though

You can be a freak Athlete with poor Coordination.

You can be a freak Athlete with good Coordination.

These things aren't the same, to me anyway.

It sounds like you are saying "athleticism" includes things like agility and coordination over strength, quickness, speed, leaping ability etc

Dennis Rodman had zero coordination or agility but he was an off the Chart Athlete.

Last edited:
Dennis Rodman had zero coordination or agility but he was an off the Chart Athlete.

Exactly..

Look at someone like Tim Duncan, there were/are a fair amount of dudes who were/are more athletic than him.. Ain't many touching his skill level though.. Same for magic

Or look at football.. Jerry rice is easily the GOAT wr.. But he didn't the raw athleticism of randy moss or TO

Last edited:
Exactly..

Look at someone like Tim Duncan, there were/are a fair amount of dudes who were/are more athletic than him.. Ain't many touching his skill level though.. Same for magic

Or look at football.. Jerry rice is easily the GOAT wr.. But he didn't the raw athleticism of randy moss or TO

I'm not sure what you're trying to say

Exactly..

I'm not sure what you're trying to say

Skill is not the same thing as athleticism

What do you consider coordination? I'd say it's an athletic trait which you need in order to become skilled. It's one component of many that consists of being an all around athlete. You can be a great player without being a great all around athlete, I never said anything contrary. But you can't be uncoordinated. As far as what I'm talking about in terms of being an all around athlete, a guy that can jump over you, run past you, out muscle you, move around you...it's blake, ad, randle and then everyone else

Last edited:
Damn I can tell a lot of y'all have never played organized ball before by some of these posts the last couple of pages. (Some bodies obviously gonna say "what does that have to do with me knowing the game?? Blah blah blah.")

Anywho, athleticism can only bring ao much to the table b if you have little bball iq. Who gives a **** about how athletic a player is. Honestly.

I have a few friends that are nba scouts and this is all they preach to me. Not saying nba scouts are always right, but those damn spur scouts damn near always are..basketball iq and skill will always triumph athleticism

Comparing whos more athletic, Ibaka or Randle? Dawg who cares. How about who can make a freethrow or a face up j from the post.both are clearly athletic and Ibaka being one of the nba's best interior presences.

In all, hypotheticals make my head hurt b

Last edited:
Id say Lebron is skill though with that passing ability. Rest are pure athletes. Lebron has one of the highest bball IQs to ever play the game blood.
his passing ability yes... his main strengths  is being bigger faster and stronger though. where as jordan and kb  had go to postup  moves for days and footwork. they werent stronger then everyone else.

. lebron is a superior athlete to both of them. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom