THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
roll.gif

Oh. My bad.
This whole conversation is odd though. Funny odd.
I'm enjoying it as much as you are, it keeps on getting better

I think it'd be appropriate for a Thread Title change though, who TF cares about Barnes ex, we're trying to learn about the difference between Athletes and Skill players.

Last edited:
Oh i see that yall are discussing athleticism vs skill.

Great players possess both, some are just stronger in one than the other. Kobe and mj were very high in both. Lebron is more athleticism than skill. People automatically think that's taking a shot when it's merely stating fact. Lebron is skilled, of course, he's got one of the softest finishes I've ever seen from someone his size, but sons basketball mechanics are suspect. Dude is probably the second most athletic person in our generation, behind Bo Jackson.

If you win a Chip you get to meet the President?

I'd rather meet Prince
i would want to meet the president either.. 
Oh i see that yall are discussing athleticism vs skill.

Great players possess both, some are just stronger in one than the other. Kobe and mj were very high in both. Lebron is more athleticism than skill. People automatically think that's taking a shot when it's merely stating fact. Lebron is skilled, of course, he's got one of the softest finishes I've ever seen from someone his size, but sons basketball mechanics are suspect. Dude is probably the second most athletic person in our generation, behind Bo Jackson.
you said it perfectly. 

Cp3 isn't/wasn't athletic? He was always one of the quickest guys in the league. And then there's this

[Video]

If you can't understand there's no point in explaining. Sometimes I forget I'm talking to "the starters". It's all good dough[/Video]

:rofl: @ the starters

Nah CP is definitely Athletic, so is Randle.

I was really only disagreeing with Randle being more Athletic than Ibaka, and kind of your definition of Athletic, but CP is definitely Athletic

Saying Randle is more Athletic than Ibaka is like saying Curry is blacker than Tony Snell

Last edited:
NBA.com has top 10 SG rankings...and it's such a joke! So much weaker than expected.

1. Harden
2. Jimmy Butler (All star yes, but not superstar status or franchise player yet)
3. Klay (#2 option at best)
4. An aging Wade
5. Danny Green :x :x :x at #5
6. An underachieving Derozan who at best should be a #3 option
7. Beal. Also a bit underachieving...list continues to go down hill
8. Tyreke Evans...
9. Oladipo who hasn't even sniffed a payoff birth
10. A 37 year old Kobe (Not to bring out a can of worms...but Kobe was ranked 93rd and is still good enough for top 10 at SG :x )

Pathetic...

I honestly think if OKC makes Russ a SG and bring in a defensive minded distributor, he could elevate his game even more considering the matchups he will face.
No Monta have it all Ellis ??? This list is cheeks.

Pre-Season SG Rankings:

1. Harden
2. Klay
3. Wade
4. Jimmy Butler
5. Derozan
6. Redick
7. Danny Green
8. Monta
9. Beal
10. Korver

I fully expect Beal and Oladipo to improve and be in that 5-7 range by the end of the year though.

Beal will be top 5 by the end of the year...may even make a strong push to get in the top 3 (if he can stay healthy and also if the Wizards are staying true to opening up the offense).

Cp3 isn't/wasn't athletic?

I never said he wasn't/isn't athletic

But as per this conversation, Chris Paul would probably be viewed by the average joe as the best pg in the league.. We know for damn sure he ain't the most athletic

The conversation for most athletic pg would involve guys like: Westbrook, heathy rose, wall, Bledsoe, Lavine if they were still trying to play him there

Maybe young guys like mudiay or russell.. Nate Robinson was a crazy athlete

Pre-Season SG Rankings:

1. Harden
2. Klay
3. Wade
4. Jimmy Butler
5. Derozan
6. Redick
7. Danny Green
8. Monta
9. Beal
10. Korver

I fully expect Beal and Oladipo to improve and be in that 5-7 range by the end of the year though.

No Love for Gordon Hayward? After cashing that check last season his output wasn't what I was expecting but I actully expect him and the Jazz to be in the playoffs this year....

CQGQ3oPUYAAEj5n.jpg
View media item 1745810
looks like he's been hitting the gym too. Gonna need that muscle out west

Last edited:
No Love for Gordon Hayward? After cashing that check last season his output wasn't what I was expecting but I actully expect him and the Jazz to be in the playoffs this year....

CQGQ3oPUYAAEj5n.jpg
View media item 1745810
looks like he's been hitting the gym too. Gonna need that muscle out west

Check the sig. Gordon Hayward is in my top 5 favorite players. Wall, Cp3, Blake, Hayward, Rose.

But he's an SF. I think he will make the All Star game this year. 20 5 & 5. Boy been feeling himself since he got that young chick, and the modern cut :pimp:

Top 10 SG:

1. Harden
2. Klay
3. Jimmy Butler III
4. Wade
5. Kobe
6. Hayward
7. Derozan
8. Beal
9. Danny Green
10. Korver

Last edited: