THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Idk where y'all getting Hayward being a 2 from. He even played some small ball 4 last year. Gordon ain't play SG since his rookie year.

Wait til my man gets some tats to go with the haircut. He'll transform into a top 10 player :pimp:

Top 10 SG:

1. Harden
2. Jimmy Butler
3. Klay
4. Wade
5. Hayward
6. Kobe
7. Derozan
8. Beal
9. Danny Green
10. Korver

Taking into account stats, skills and health:

1. Harden
2. Butler
3. Thompson
4. Wade
5. Matthews (tricky because of the Achilles injury :frown:)
6. DeRozan
7. Green
8. Korver
9. Redick
10. Beal

Kobe is also playing SF this season.

Last edited:
Taking into account stats, skills and health:

1. Harden
2. Butler
3. Thompson
4. Wade
5. Matthews (tricky because of the Achilles injury :frown:)
6. DeRozan
7. Green
8. Korver
9. Redick
10. Beal

Kobe is also playing SF this season.

Accurate. Forgot about Wes. Knew I was missing something. Man, the SG position really fell off when Redick, Korver and Green are damn near unanimous. And I'm a fan of all these guys :lol:

I think you guys are sleeping on Beal a bit. His avg goes from 15 ppg to 21 in the playoffs. He's done this 2 strait seasons. That counts more to me then most things these other SG have over him.

Edit: his first playoff run 13/14 season he went from 17 ppg to 19. I want to be accurate and thorough.

Last edited:
I think you guys are sleeping on Beal a bit. His avg goes from 15 ppg to 21 in the playoffs. He's done this 2 strait seasons. That counts more to me then most things these other SG have over him.
i think one thing with him is consistencies. 

He wasn't consistently solid. 

i think one thing with him is consistencies. 
He wasn't consistently solid. 

Agreed. I've stated before when he's off he's OFF. An like another member pointed out and it's true, he has the worse missed shots for jump shooter I've seen at times.

In a summer game I asked over/under 1 air ball. He shot 2.

Last edited:
I detest DeRozan's game.

He's not top 10 anything for me.

If I'm building a team, give me Beal, Redick, Danny Green before him.

i don't give a **** what his ppg is.

Last edited:
Accurate. Forgot about Wes. Knew I was missing something. Man, the SG position really fell off when Redick, Korver and Green are damn near unanimous. And I'm a fan of all these guys :lol:
I didn't include him on my list cause of injury.

Here is my revised list

Top 10 SG:

1. Harden
2. Jimmy Butler
3. Klay
4. Wade
5. Ellis
6. Mathews
7. Kobe
8. Derozan
9. Beal
10. Green

Last edited:
Wow, Beal that low?

No Monta?
Beal - Very good playoff performances, mediocre regular seasons.

Monta - He's in the Tyreke category to me. Good volume stats, inefficient.

I detest DeRozan's game.

He's not top 10 anything for me.

If I'm building a team, give me Beal, Redick, Danny Green before him.

i don't give a **** what his ppg is.
Yeah, I really don't like his game either (perfect for 1995, not so much 2015). But on sheer volume, it's impressive and he's a decent defender unlike the others in his boat (Monta, Tyreke, etc).

Monta was carrying the mavs last year and they started to really struggle when he got hurt. I'd say he belongs on that list over a couple of those guys

Victor O gonna break out this year
Crazy to think that Eric Gordon can't even get a mention he looked legit 4yrs ago

This HAS to be Beal's year to make that "leap." We all saw what he did in the playoffs. He was on another level on both offense and defense. Crazy to think that until the team drafted Kelly Oubre, he was the youngest on the squad. Dude just turned 22...has a year of college under his belt, and will now be a 4th year pro. Upside is through the roof. If the Wizards are serious about playing ball more like what we saw in the playoffs, there is no reason for him not to continue his great play. This is exactly why I believe he should be no lower than #5 on that list at season's end...maybe even #3. Sky is the limit for this dude.

crazy as that list is i agree with JJ above Beal.

JJ is slept on. Beal just gotta get better before we put him in that category. Love the guy, he wowed me in the playoffs. But he averaged like 14ppg last year, was great from the 3 line, but those long 2's and not getting to the line and shooting a higher percentage killed his efficiency. I fully expect him to average 20 this year though. He's making a concentrated effort on eliminating log twos, and getting to the line. He also needs to improve his intensity on defense.

JJ on the other hand, is a good positional defender, above average 1 on 1 defender (Harden stopper) and efficient as hell on offense. 17ppg on 47/44/90 splits are Ray Allen in Boston type of numbers.

The west all stars could be

Steph Harden KD AD Marc
Russ Klay Kawhi Blake Demarcus
CP Dwight
That doesn't even include Conley Lamarcus and Lillard its gonna be hard for guys like Hayward to breakout

JJ is slept on. Beal just gotta get better before we put him in that category. Love the guy, he wowed me in the playoffs. But he averaged like 14ppg last year, was great from the 3 line, but those long 2's and not getting to the line and shooting a higher percentage killed his efficiency. I fully expect him to average 20 this year though. He's making a concentrated effort on eliminating log twos, and getting to the line. He also needs to improve his intensity on defense.

JJ on the other hand, is a good positional defender, above average 1 on 1 defender (Harden stopper) and efficient as hell on offense. 17ppg on 47/44/90 splits are Ray Allen in Boston type of numbers.
Damn, JJ better than Beal? Clippers been loaded over the past few years. Of course Beal is much younger so I could see that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom