The 30 Most influential Niketalk members of all time by Complex Magazine

Even when Wale was active on here, I dont remember him contributing.............anything more than any average NT'er

Yeah man, I always felt like the ones who posted the most and excessively just wanted some type of E-Fame, but didn't really offer much or anything concrete.

The heavyweights would come through with one thread/or post here and there and it was like an abundance of information or insight with that one post. Those were the cats everyone would look forward to seeing post in JB/Nike.

To each is own though.

Even when Wale was active on here, I dont remember him contributing.............anything more than any average NT'er
when he was "outed" as Wale, I saw he had somewhat of a postcount, but I can't recall any posts prior to then. dude didn't even have an avy or sig.

Thank you to da folks campaigning & know who da snub of da century
Was here & on #NT
Just the fact that you actually had the nerve to type this.....
Ninjahood has influenced NT more than some of the people on that list.
When you go into a car thread (Regardless of car) what do you think of? Da Hemi.
When you go into a PYR (Post Your Room) thread what do you think of? Ninjahood smashin DA thick yambs with zero leg space in his room.
A race thread pops up with Dominicans? "Dominicans aren't black b."
When you think of one of the more famous gun stories, what do you think of? Ninja's musket.
For all the music cats, lets not forget The "Fat Joe Strret Cred thread."
Space Jams? Ninja would rather have more Space Jams than Space.
What about the time Ninja was walking home with his new chain and two dudes with a gun tried to rob him, only for ninja to get home safely with a new gun.
Also, why is a llama called a llama?
If I post a huge picture, I apologize for da "Ninjahood sized pic"
epsecially, hate it or live it, da "da" has basically been trademarked by Ninja.
edit: also, anything with the word "heights" you assume, Da Heightz
You're listing a lot of ninja's well known moments. And we all appreciate them. And i appreciate that he is still heavy into sneakers. That it's love, not a trend.

But where is the actual "influence"?

He may be Niketalk's most well known member right now. But influential? Highly debatable.

Using this same criteria, you could make a case for steezy, sillyputty etc. being on the list. And that's not what it's about.
i aint gonna campaign for myself cuz it is what it is, but like this post shows

da people have spoken, you're gonna let da residents of NT who are here everyday tell you who's more influential to them

or are you gonna tell them who's been more influential to them.

fellas i appreciate da love as always
pimp.gif
...last time i checked, J. Cole wasn't on da hottest MCs list this year either.

tumblr_m90hsqETLC1ql09up.gif

NT influenced Wale more than he influenced NT.

He approached me many years ago back in college about a pair of Flightposite I TB I was wearing and proceeded to come off as corny to me. He just seemed to have the whole "hype" "sneakerhead" "it's a game/fad" aurora about him.

To each his own though. I don't know him personally.

i aint gonna campaign for myself cuz it is what it is, but like this post shows

da people have spoken, you're gonna let da residents of NT who are here everyday tell you who's more influential to them

or are you gonna tell them who's been more influential to them.

fellas i appreciate da love as always :pimp: ...last time i checked, J. Cole wasn't on da hottest MCs list this year either.

tumblr_m90hsqETLC1ql09up.gif

But I am one of the residents of NT. And a LONG time one at that. I recognize the past and the present.

So I'ma share my 2 cents too.

And some of them seem to be confusing notoriety with influence. I think my post made that clear.

Keep in mind, what the title of the list is. It isn't the 30 most popular or well known Niketalkers. Or the 30 People who influenced Niketalk the most.

It's the 30 Most Influential Niketalkers of all time. Which to me suggests it isn't relegated to JUST what happens on Niketalk.

But it's moreso about the influence (I do truly hate that term though) that these people have, all while sharing the common bond of being a part of this website.

Which then also explains Wale's inclusion.

s/o to slam ed...he the reason i came to nt back in 2001..ninja hold ya head :smh:

this my top 3 snubbed nters(no mo)
goldenarmz
kerry
the glove

And this sums up why a lot of the folks on the list only lurk NT now.  

:smh:
I remember post of him calling people who were into shoes heavy shoe geeks and lames for liking shoes alot .He goes on twitter knocking cats all the time calling the sneaker cultire fake wack and doesn't exist .

You all have to realize that people have to be categorized in lists complex does.

How many 'regular' folk? How many that have gone on to be employed by Nike/other companies? How many are celebs? The powers that be decide the weight of that mix.

You can't have "ninjahood" AND "Henz0". It had to be one or the other.

Couldn't have "Wallyhoop" AND "johngotty" on the list, if you wanna go the "trainers" angle. It had to be one or the other -- but we ALL know it should have been "Wallyhoop". #shotsfired

I wish "Jmadidas" could have made the cut.

Other than that, list was dope to me.

*Goes back into NT posting seclusion*

I just assumed johngotty was on the list because he also started a very well known music website.

Ninjahood -

if you're campaigning for yourself, what would you say has been your biggest impact, or something influential to NT members or sneaker culture? Like, what separates you from someone on the list who should have omitted in your eyes?

IMO, I think you're much too ignorant and too polarizing to have been included.

I would have loved for Ninja to anwser this but you didnt need to write the last sentence tho.

:smh:

Props to Nelson C.

Last edited:
Ninjahood -

if you're campaigning for yourself, what would you say has been your biggest impact, or something influential to NT members or sneaker culture? Like, what separates you from someone on the list who should have omitted in your eyes?

IMO, I think you're much too ignorant and too polarizing to have been included.
i wasn't gonna post in here anymore since da people are speaking on my behalf but since you're asking me a question ill answer it.

you gotta look at certain metrics:

first and foremost is da kicks, without da kicks none of us would be here, and not stunt, but everyone knows my collection (and room lol) is infamous

da sneakewatch video is proof of that. believe it or not, complete strangers stop me on da street and go "hey your ninjahood right? i seen your video"
embarassed.gif

then you mix that with notoriety and influence. like homie posted above, i got my hand & footprints all over this spot, and its by design, this is where i live digitally.

da rankings on da list tell that story, this is why my homie Henz0 is head and shoulders above wale, even though wale at this point can probably get access to

things that me or henz0 can't cuz of his privilege and celebrity. known rapper thats a sneakerhead =/= influential NTer.

and lastly, they should've included more input from more NT members, if you told all da members prior to da revealing that "henz0, ben baller, method man, & nelson C

are in there, who do ya wanna vote in that we maybe forgetting?" to say people wouldn't wonder where im at is a understatement.

i got da kicks, i got da notoriety, i got da tenure and a overwhelming number of folks is telling ya im influential to them (which that in itself is humbling and i appreciate it)

so i can't help that people look at da list and not see me there and feel some type of way.

and when you say "polarizing" thats basically answering your own question, im either extremely love, or extremely hated, but hey you can't be either

without being influential.

Last edited:
My top influential people's list

Bill Clinton
Sir Isaac Newton
Albert Einstein
Bill Gates
Jerry Rice
Michael Jordan
Steve Jobs
Scottie Pippen

Lol no NTer is influential, in what way have they bettered my life. Here's a top list of people I SEE HERE A LOT, OR USED TO SEE HERE A LOT.

SnugglesMcduggle
Ninjahood
LovetheXIV
Method
ijapano
Jay Jones

Last edited:
fellow NT'er linked me to a lot of my old collection pics I no longer had, had them saved for me on photobucket. This post is a god's send.

Back
Top Bottom