The 30 Most influential Niketalk members of all time by Complex Magazine

The real question is, why do we want all this exposure? I always thought of NT like Fight Club, you just dont talk about it, what good can come out of this?

where's OMWN? He single handedly made everyone on NT become paranoid when it came to buying/selling/trading...I still don't trust anyone buying stuff on NT...

Of course they don't remember that. NT, Vintagekicks, Ndemand, JerseyJoe then eBay was once daily my routine. Then I got my first refund check from school and started flipping vintage kicks from mom and pop stockrooms. Actually sent some to a few people on the list. Made some money in the process but I also met some amazing people from around the country and world thanks to NT. I am forever grateful for this site, the information shared, and the eclectic mix of members. NT is my second home. I'll be logging on for the rest of my life.
  Damn, the good ol' days.  Ty, I still have all the vintage pairs you got for me (several Force V's, Spiridon, Son of Lavas).  And yeah, Gotty's Ndemand was the best.  You forgot about Vintage USA for auctions, too.

That list brought back some serious memories.

EDIT:  PS, how many of y'all here remember NT BEFORE there was a Jordan or Retro forum?  Or that the Jordan Forum started as the Jordan XI Forum because of the eleventy-billion posts about the 2000 Concord Retro?

Peace,

J

Last edited:
where's OMWN? He single handedly made everyone on NT become paranoid when it came to buying/selling/trading...I still don't trust anyone buying stuff on NT...
OH MY!!  Talk about a blast from the past!  The OG troll right there.  Denim SB's anyone?

Peace,

J

backstory??
Old Man Wearing Nikes.  If I remember correctly, he said a Footaction or Finishline was mistakenly shipped a few pairs of denim SB's and he bought out their stock.  He PM'd a couple members on here offering them up for a steal.  He had built up his reputation, had a nice collection, and was respected.  Then he ended up being a fraud, and shipping out some rocks or garbage to everyone.  I think he made out with around $10k, maybe more.  Didn't he have the spinning bucket of chicken as his avatar?

Damn, the good ol' days.  Ty, I still have all the vintage pairs you got for me (several Force V's, Spiridon, Son of Lavas).  And yeah, Gotty's Ndemand was the best.  You forgot about Vintage USA for auctions, too.

That list brought back some serious memories.

EDIT:  PS, how many of y'all here remember NT BEFORE there was a Jordan or Retro forum?  Or that the Jordan Forum started as the Jordan XI Forum because of the eleventy-billion posts about the 2000 Concord Retro?

Peace,
   J

Vintage USA .... wow. You brought me back with that one. They really had the best selection and site layout for the time. Used to spend hours surfing their site for stuff that I was too broke to buy at the time.

I almost forgot how much of a niche thing sneaker collecting was back in the late 90's. I remember being able to walk into Niketown and the OG Footlocker on 34th St., days after the Cement 4s retroed in 99 and scoop up a pair. It took a little bit more than a week to sell out and people were amazed at how quick they moved. Now those type of releases sell out in minutes.

The first XI retro is what changed everything. Remember the pages and pages of patent leather color mockups? :lol: When malls got ripped apart for the OG Spacejams and Cool Greys, Nike knew they were onto something.

Vintage USA .... wow. You brought me back with that one. They really had the best selection and site layout for the time. Used to spend hours surfing their site for stuff that I was too broke to buy at the time.
I almost forgot how much of a niche thing sneaker collecting was back in the late 90's. I remember being able to walk into Niketown and the OG Footlocker on 34th St., days after the Cement 4s retroed in 99 and scoop up a pair. It took a little bit more than a week to sell out and people were amazed at how quick they moved. Now those type of releases sell out in minutes.
The first XI retro is what changed everything. Remember the pages and pages of patent leather color mockups?
laugh.gif
When malls got ripped apart for the OG Spacejams and Cool Greys, Nike knew they were onto something.
and nikepark nike palace... jumpmanst23 really those sites were basically the foundation early versions of what niketalk has become

and nikepark nike palace... jumpmanst23 really those sites were basically the foundation early versions of what niketalk has become

Truth.

When Nike Park died NikeTalk was born.

Always wondered who was behind Nike Park and why they quit. Seemed like they just stopped paying for hosting one day and closed their doors. They missed out on the tidal wave that they helped spark.

Last edited:
Truth.
When Nike Park died NikeTalk was born.
Always wondered who was behind Nike Park and why they quit. Seemed like they just stopped paying for hosting one day and closed their doors. They missed out on the tidal wave that they helped spark.
yea and it had a general misc... section before niketalk did... granted it was thru mirc... That is basically how i was introduced to mirc persay... that was the so called secret way to d/l things etc..... lol like games software etc.... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat before piratebay/demonoid/napster/mininova etc.. it was kinda like facebook twitter. Its crazy dudes were trading/buying/selling shoes over dial up and many times without pics just descriptions...And whats even crazier it was a lot less bad deals/scammers/ etc...

pretty decent list but their description of dirty could've been a lot better.

and wow, did not know alphaproject made it that far. congrats :pimp:

EnPhan just mad Wales career as a rapper took off and he still making home made rap videos in his boys BMW
Dont ether me bruh

this is you being picked on and people making you the center of attention.

Been here since mid 00', I gotta say the list is legit.

Seeing all these people that profited off of NT and or made money thru their love of sneakers beyond reselling is crazy. 

I must admit tho, for the most part, I couldn't give two shhh about kicks anymore, but I love NT still.

Back
Top Bottom