The Air Jordan XVI returns in 2016

Why doesn’t Jb just retro the other 3 color ways?? Even in limited qty’s if there concerned about poor sales.

I've probably mentioned this a few times throughout this thread, but JB doesn't like releasing this shoe because it's extremely expensive to produce.

There was an article some time around 2001/2002 comparing costs and profit margins on various sneakers, ranging from cheap payless shoes to flagship models by the big 3. They used The Kobe for Adidas, Answer 4 for Reebok and the XVI for Nike.

IIRC the average production cost at the time boiled down to around $8 per pair for most higher end sneakers, far less for the Payless but the XVI was astronomically more expensive to manufacture at around $25 per pair. Looking at the shoes compared to nearly any other sneaker at the time, it makes sense. There are so many different layers and materials used. Suede, leather, patent leather, multiple kinds of nylon mesh, magnets, Velcro, carbon fiber, Both PU and EVA foams layered on the midsole, Zoom Air and Blowmolded air. A complete disassembly of the XVI would leave you with lord knows how many separate pieces compared to nearly any other sneaker past or present.

Now it's still a very profitable shoe, but not nearly as profitable as many others in the vault. I've always beleived this to be the reason XVIs are released in considerably smaller quantities and less frequently than almost any other GR Jordan.

I've probably mentioned this a few times throughout this thread, but JB doesn't like releasing this shoe because it's extremely expensive to produce.

There was an article some time around 2001/2002 comparing costs and profit margins on various sneakers, ranging from cheap payless shoes to flagship models by the big 3. They used The Kobe for Adidas, Answer 4 for Reebok and the XVI for Nike.

IIRC the average production cost at the time boiled down to around $8 per pair for most higher end sneakers, far less for the Payless but the XVI was astronomically more expensive to manufacture at around $25 per pair. Looking at the shoes compared to nearly any other sneaker at the time, it makes sense. There are so many different layers and materials used. Suede, leather, patent leather, multiple kinds of nylon mesh, magnets, Velcro, carbon fiber, Both PU and EVA foams layered on the midsole, Zoom Air and Blowmolded air. A complete disassembly of the XVI would leave you with lord knows how many separate pieces compared to nearly any other sneaker past or present.

Now it's still a very profitable shoe, but not nearly as profitable as many others in the vault. I've always beleived this to be the reason XVIs are released in considerably smaller quantities and less frequently than almost any other GR Jordan.

While that may be true, I doubt it is the real reason why JB hasn't come out with more of this model. I know they released at least three limited colors for Trophy Room. If they really want to, they will release them. I think the Navy release from 2016 being a flop has discouraged JB.

I just googled XVI lows, never saw these before. What are they?
1586553603833.jpeg

I remember my friend telling me back in the day on Niketalk that someone claimed the band Hall & Oates wore the white/red ones for one of there shows back when they first came out.

To me the best way to gauge the interest in XVIs are to release an original Black red. Its a Bulls colorway, its Mike. These new colors on models that are not that popular over all creates a potential disinterest of the model. At least a Bulls color gives it a chance. I think so anyway. The LAst dance doc is going to open eyes to several people to MJ and the Bulls. They should capitalize on it.

^ are you talking about a black base top, patent leather black toe, red translucent bottom, white midsole 16? That'll be interesting to see. 🤔

At minimum, I'll also be ok with a re-retro release of the original black 16's...

Black & Red 16's should be coming in 2021. I am starting to see the trend from 20 years back, is being retroed. Lets give it a February 2021 release same as the originals. Maybe they bring back the Jordan Face box.. Had all the colorways of the 16's back in high school. Loved them soooooo much. The patent leather just eye catching man.

Jordan-16.jpg

the black and red 16 flew off the shelves on rd when they came out. They need to come back asap. That being said they can keep the face box in the vault. I might be the only one but I hated that box.

To me the best way to gauge the interest in XVIs are to release an original Black red. Its a Bulls colorway, its Mike. These new colors on models that are not that popular over all creates a potential disinterest of the model. At least a Bulls color gives it a chance. I think so anyway. The LAst dance doc is going to open eyes to several people to MJ and the Bulls. They should capitalize on it.

He actually played in Wizards cws though, so I understand why they might prioritize those.

I just googled XVI lows, never saw these before. What are they?
1586553603833.jpeg

I remember my friend telling me back in the day on Niketalk that someone claimed the band Hall & Oates wore the white/red ones for one of there shows back when they first came out.

I would think this claim was fake because of how weird it is but, then again, who the hell would make this up?

How do the 16’s feel as far as Step in comfort? I just ordered CEO colorway and was just curious on the comfort. Thanks in advance

How do the 16’s feel as far as Step in comfort? I just ordered CEO colorway and was just curious on the comfort. Thanks in advance
I’ve only had the OG releases, and their comfort was incredible for a basketball shoe of that build. I can’t imagine the retros are much different.

Back
Top Bottom