The Amazon Economy isn’t creating as many jobs as it destroys

Not surprised.. My friend be defending em saying they offer a lot of jobs

Because technology improves and gets more efficient over time. Combined with capitalism its on steroids. As a humans we should all be happy about this. It's no longer needed for us to work and exert force like previous generations.

On the downside as a unit of labor in a capitalistic system, it means we are obselete. We truly do not understand a life outside of the labor markets and we need to adjust.

Article complains about Amazon not creating jobs......

but what about wages not increasing, student loans/national debt, and rent prices being through the roof.....

HEY LETS BLAME AMAZON FOR THE ILLS OF AMERICA!! Typical

Capitalism created an environment were an Amazon can take advantage and undercut established business models in the name of increasing profits.

If not Amazon it would've been Google, Microsoft.

Now we got behemoths emerging in the East. Tencent, Baidu, Alibaba. They have a hybrid form of capitalism that's blowing the US out the water

But all along the way people are saying increasing profits are what we should all be focusing on. We did it to ourselves.

Established business models are dead. Companies like Walmart , Uber and Amazon will sell products at a loss because they value the market share. A small business cant lose profits just to compete. Only these type of technopolies can survive in this climate.

Ebay doesn’t offer music, movie and tv shows to stream, free 2 day delivery or same day delivery he’ll amazon can get me certain packages in 2 hours or less.

if i need something in that short of time, im going outside to brick & mortar :lol:

Amazon, Google and Apple are fighting for the same thing. They all want to control our lives. Don't know why this is a shock to anyone. Nothing is free.

They know you better than anyone else and you gave them that data for free.

Misleading thread title.

The article only mentions brick and mortar retail jobs being in decline, this does not take into account the many industries influenced by Amazon. I am not an Amazon apologist btw, I love how they ended up in NY anyway without the tax breaks and hate how they treat all their workers (yes, even the high paid ones)

Let me paint a picture of my trip to Best Buy today. I walk in, it's empty, there are products everywhere. I get to the front desk and the lady couldn't be more upset to have to help me. That is why Brick and Mortar retail hiring is down, it's down and never coming back up, and thank god for that.

Back
Top Bottom