The Arizona Immigration Bill has been passed

Originally Posted by glasses

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by igotthatfire247

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

essentially this illustration is based on a false premise. The pilgrims weren't immigrants to the USA, because they created it. They migrated to the north american land and took it over from the Native Americans.  They were immigrants to a "land", not a country.

What illegal immigrant Mexicans are doing aren't equals IMO.

indifferent.gif
Country, land, nation, whatever. It was their land, pilgrims took it. But you're right, what the illegal immigrants are doing isn't equal to what the pilgrims did. They're coming over and playing by our rules (even if they already have skipped one big rule).

Racial profiling is just that, what it is, it happens. (No justification.)

There are unsaid laws about it, and it's been going on forever.

If you commit a crime & they find out, get deported, simple.

Everyone is illegal but the natives, that's the part that bothers me the most. Get the !#!#+!@ Europeans out.

Originally Posted by glasses

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by igotthatfire247

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

i mean... if ur here illegally... thats illegal.

cant break laws just cause it will work out better for your people.

909971314_2e1034798d_o.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

essentially this illustration is based on a false premise. The pilgrims weren't immigrants to the USA, because they created it. They migrated to the north american land and took it over from the Native Americans.  They were immigrants to a "land", not a country.

What illegal immigrant Mexicans are doing aren't equals IMO.

yeah because what the pilgrims did is 20 times worse
alien.gif
eyes.gif

Well what are those who against this bill supposing the government do to curb the illegal immigration problem?

Wait around until the illegals commit more crimes? Is that really the most effective method?

I'm not 100 % behind this bill, but I'm interested in what might be some better alternatives.

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by So Authentic

Mexicans need to stop running from their own countries problems and do something about those druglords instead of coming here and messing our economy up even worse than it already is.

I have A LOT of catching up to do but ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING MY !@% OFF at you believing that Mexicans make a dent in this country's financial problems.

Right?
If anything the economy in Arizona is about to go down.

I live in Phx, I work for Wells Fargo, Saturday the day after the bill passed I kid you not I almost hit my daily cash limit. In a 5 hour time span I was at 49k my limit is 50k.
I did nothing but HUGE withdraws for people it was crazy.
And people have the nerve to say the economy will better now
smh.gif
San Francisco is even trying to boycott relations with Arizona
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/04/26/BARD1D55P7.DTL

This will probably be overturned by the supreme court

Originally Posted by NinerFaithful

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by So Authentic

Mexicans need to stop running from their own countries problems and do something about those druglords instead of coming here and messing our economy up even worse than it already is.

I have A LOT of catching up to do but ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING MY !@% OFF at you believing that Mexicans make a dent in this country's financial problems.

Right?

If anything the economy in Arizona is about to go down.

I live in Phx, I work for Wells Fargo, Saturday the day after the bill passed I kid you not I almost hit my daily cash limit. In a 5 hour time span I was at 49k my limit is 50k.

I did nothing but HUGE withdraws for people it was crazy.

And people have the nerve to say the economy will better now
smh.gif
San Francisco is even trying to boycott relations with Arizona
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/04/26/BARD1D55P7.DTL

This will probably be overturned by the supreme court

Thats whats up I give mad props to the city of San Fran

My family is mexican and my dad and all his family were here illegally at one point.

the couldnt care less about this, all he told me was "if i can get a green card, why cant they?"

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

i just learned about this in history class.....impressive implementation...
pimp.gif
this is why i STAY on NT

I dont really understand why people of hispanic background who are LEGAL are mad about this . If you are legal, is it really that hard for you to show your damn drivers license to the cop if you are pulled over? Show the cop your license, and then just keep it moving

^^ if you are here illegally as in you jumped the border with no visa or anything, you arent getting a green card. even if you get married to a citizen, its not happening.

anyone who has ever been "profiled" know it's not as simple as showing your license or whatever then moving along. it's like being guilty until proven innocent, and you don't even get an apology in the end.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

My family is mexican and my dad and all his family were here illegally at one point.

the couldnt care less about this, all he told me was "if i can get a green card, why cant they?"

thats sad considering he was too at a point in his life where he resembled illegal immigrants. What if this law was passed when he first got here illegally? I bet he would care then.
These people have to start somewhere.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

great now that he has a green card, but he understand police can pull him or anyone else in your family over because they think you may be illegal.  I don't know about anyone else, but I like to keep my interactions with the police down to a minimum. if we make eye contact I nod and keep it pushing.

too many time I've been searched, stopped, and harassed just for "fitting the description". now the police don't even need that lame excuse anymore.

add to the mix AZ just passed a law legalizing carrying a concealed weapons without a permit, this is just begging for innocent people getting shot because they were reaching for their papers and law enforcement thought different.

i don't understand why it's such a big deal/bad thing ... if you arent doing anything wrong and you're here legit, whats the problem? show the papers and go about your day ... the same people screaming about racial profiling and amendment rights, are mysteriously ghost when it comes to other issues that deal with the constitution and declaration of independence ...

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

Exactly what came to mind when reading thru this thread.

And for the people who dont get it, 
Racist cop posted on the freeway with his radar gun
"That white man is doing 55 in a 50, he must be running late to work.  I'll let it slide"
"That hispanic looking man is doing 56 in a 55.  Chances are he is illegal, let me pull him over to check for legal status."

Originally Posted by 21shots

"That white man is doing 55 in a 50, he must be running late to work.  I'll let it slide"
"That hispanic looking man is doing 56 in a 55.  Chances are he is illegal, let me pull him over to check for legal status."
and if youre legal the only thing you lose is time ... if the cops wanna check my papers, go right ahead ...

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

and if youre legal the only thing you lose is time ... if the cops wanna check my papers, go right ahead ...

this dude must be white....
smh.gif

son doesn't understand da AMOUNT OF HARRASSMENT a person is going to encounter on a every day basis.....you think people just walk by ONE cop a day?

so because my mother can't speak english well, she gonna be subjected to harassment EVERYDAY FOR AS LONG AS SHE'S ALIVE according to da law in arizona because

she's Hispanic.

Originally Posted by HyphySole

I dont really understand why people of hispanic background who are LEGAL are mad about this . If you are legal, is it really that hard for you to show your damn drivers license to the cop if you are pulled over?

so hispanics are just supposed to expect getting pulled over MULTIPLE TIMES a days just because da color of their skin and accent and be happy with it?
tired.gif

thats like telling a black person "hey don't be mad that every time you go to a store da clerk is gonna follow you around like a criminal, most criminals are your

color anyways...if you not stealing you got nothing to worry about"
smh.gif

like i said, someone is gonna need to die to rectify that situation.

seriously? I'm not latino, but i easily pass for one, and its already bad enough for me in CALIFORNIA of all places

indifferent.gif
@ you thinking its just a waste of time. what about being humiliated? have you ever had cops publicly harass and embarrass you in front of hundreds of people just because you look a certain way? the arizona bill is just gonna make that @#$@ even worse

and da problem is da law states "immigrants who are here LEGALLY who don't carry around proof, will be considered a crime" yeah..thats TOTALLY not trampling da rights

of hispanic dissent.
sick.gif
smh.gif

"yeah those white people don't need proof..its those damn mexicans we gotta make sure their all here legally"
smh.gif
meanwhile u know ain't no polish, euro immigrants

getting pulled over.

i don't understand why it's such a big deal/bad thing ... if you arent doing anything wrong and you're here legit, whats the problem? show the papers and go about your day ... the same people screaming about racial profiling and amendment rights, are mysteriously ghost when it comes to other issues that deal with the constitution and declaration of independence ...

because i dont want to be seen as a criminal and treated as a second class citizen due to the color of my skin. if it's going to go across the board, fine. but we both know it wont. no matter how much AZ wants to say that there will be no racial profiling, there will be. this is not a perfect world, and we judge by appearance. what is there not to get? it isn't rocket science.

fine, i get pulled over once.

i get pulled over again.

when am i suppose to complain? when it becomes 2 times a day? 3 times a day?

but, i'm done with this thread. some people don't want to open their eyes and nothing you tell them will open their eyes.

ninjahood wrote:

smh.gif
meanwhile u know ain't no polish, euro immigrants

getting pulled over.
exactly. you wouldn't believe how many day laborers in front of my local Home Depot are EUROPEAN immigrants that have a high chance of being here illegaly, yet NO ONE bothers them or complains about them. But let it be a latino ...
grin.gif
all hell breaks loose

If only all the states would follow AZ... this law isn't a problem unless you're an illegal

Originally Posted by ninjahood

this dude must be white....
smh.gif

son doesn't understand da AMOUNT OF HARRASSMENT a person is going to encounter on a every day basis.....you think people just walk by ONE cop a day?

so because my mother can't speak english well, she gonna be subjected to harassment EVERYDAY FOR AS LONG AS SHE'S ALIVE according to da law in arizona because

she's Hispanic.
i wont just flat out say he's white, but its obvious he is due to the smell of privilge in his post cause he sure didnt address the lettin it slide comment. 

Back
Top Bottom