The Arizona Immigration Bill has been passed

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Since they passed this bill than they should profile EVERY race, NOT just Hispanic people.

I want the Irish out
I want the Muslims out
I want the Blacks out
I want the Hispanics out
I want the Jews out

if you are illegal...get the F out word to WWE

-The Juice
Unless you're native american, you're illegal too.
Why don't you get the F out word to WWE
eyes.gif

muslim and jew is not a "race" last time i checked. so what do they have to do with your idiotic rant?

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by Niteridr75

Before this law, local police were not allowed to question people about their citizenship. So basically, if your illegal and you get into trouble all you would get was a ticket or maybe a couple of nights in jail.  Now local police can question people about there citizenship and contact the proper authorities so they can be returned to their country in a more quickly manner.

but now, no matter if you committed a petty crime.. a cop can pull you over on the simple suspicion that you might be illegal. i don't get why people don't see what's so wrong in that. not just illegals will suffer from this. legal citizens will also be pulled over/stopped. yes, it's only a quick "let me see your ID".. but what if the cop doesn't believe you? are we going to have to carry birth certificates now? green cards? it's crazy if hispanics actually supported this bill. as if they're immune to the profiling.

The fact that the renewal of the Patriot Act wasn't covered as extensively on NT is neither here nor there.

OF course many people got upset in the threads that discussed targeting Arabs/ Muslims. Most of them were Arab or Muslim themselves. That is completely understandable. I'll guarantee that if we go back to those threads that very few non Arab/Muslims were vehement in their defense.

This is the problem. Most people only care when they are particularly effected.

sadly, for some people.. it has to hit close to home for them to open their eyes.

there probably were some whitewashed "it won't happen to me" mentality disgrace to their race hispanics who supported this  who probably will have a completly different opinion of it  when some bored crooked police officer harrasses them for no reason.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

smh.gif
at dumb @@! people that think its so easy to come to the US legally. For some, its impossible to come here legally. Some people just don't get that. You can say "stay in your country" bla bla bla but i'm 100% sure that if you were in some of those peoples positions you would come here illegally too. Why eat %$$$ your whole life when you can cross a border and have a better life?

But the government here needs to really do something about this whole immigration situation. Hopefully something happens.

Originally Posted by 310HxA

eyes.gif
eyes.gif
 Yea thats such a big crime right? Especially if the illegal works hard, pays taxes, and helps pump money into the economy but no it's still a crime right!? 
eyes.gif
 Grow up
Word...
smh.gif

Most people don't realize that the "illegal" immigrant is the backbone of the Californian economy.
for those of you who know what ice is, I read an article a year or two back about how ICE doesn't even thoroughly search for illegal immigrants when they go to factories or restaurants where "illegal" immigrants are suspected to work becuase they know that deporting all the undocumented aliens will cause a lot of companies to lose a #@%$ load of money.

The people who come here from Mexico have been screwed by NAFTA, and now there is little legal working opportunity in their country so they have no other option.
smh.gif
some of you people show very little understanding of the root problem behind illegal immigration and that is why some of y'all are saying very stupid #@%$.
Well either that's the reason or you guys simply lack compassion in your hearts for those who are suffering.

Originally Posted by HyphySole

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Well, how else would they get illegals out of Arizona? Im not saying all illegals are bad, but some of them commit crimes here in AZ and get away with it.

If someone commits a crime and isn't a citizen,sending them to their native country seems like a good idea
Well being here illegally is a crime.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
 Yea thats such a big crime right? Especially if the illegal works hard, pays taxes, and helps pump money into the economy but no it's still a crime right!? 
eyes.gif
 Grow up
Alright cool, I understand they work hard. But did they take a job an U.S CITIZEN could of had. Yes.

roll.gif
WE AIN'T GOING NOWHERE!!!!
You have no power though. And that to me is true comedy. White people will continue to run the world, hispanics will continue to take the jobs that WHITE PEOPLE FEEL ARE BENEATH THEM, and black people will continue take 2 steps forward and 4 steps back. Yeah, stay in the country, but who controls the businesses? Definitely not hispanics.

But here is what will happen. And you all can quote me on this and then praise me when it happens.

- Enough people will be up in arms about this
- White people will put their tails between their legs and repeal this bill
- Then white people will introduce a "new" bill which in all honesty will be the SAME exact bill but with a spiffy new name and sneakier wording to trick other white people into voting for it.
- It will get passed
- And now we are back to square 1
- Latin community will be profiled once again

It's a vicious circle that you all will NEVER get out of. The Latin community, and Black community should join together and really make a push to change the course of America. Instead continually giving whites fodder to profile us.
eyes.gif

-The Juice

Since they passed this bill than they should profile EVERY race, NOT just Hispanic people.

I want the Irish out
I want the Muslims out
I want the Blacks out
I want the Hispanics out
I want the Jews out

-The Juice
eyes.gif

muslim and jew is not a "race" last time i checked. so what do they have to do with your idiotic rant?

actually Jew is a race and a religion and the verdict is still out about Muslims. I believe in other countries Muslims consider themselves as an ethnicity. Stand up, then sit down, make yourself a pb and j watch Family Guy, then take a nap

-The Juice

Well, how else would they get illegals out of Arizona? Im not saying all illegals are bad, but some of them commit crimes here in AZ and get away with it.

If someone commits a crime and isn't a citizen,sending them to their native country seems like a good idea
Well being here illegally is a crime.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
 Grow up
Alright cool, I understand they work hard. But did they take a job an U.S CITIZEN could of had. Yes.

being realistic,   most U.S Citizens are lazy and would act like their too good to do some of the jobs illegals do.   i get where your comming from on the taking jobs part since i live in LA  but i'm more mad at corporate outsourcing then illegal immigrants.  most illegals do the jobs most wouldn't wanna do, these corporations however move their factories to india and pay people pennies overthere rather then pay american citizens money.

I want the Irish out
I want the Muslims out
I want the Blacks out
I want the Hispanics out
I want the Jews out

-The Juice
eyes.gif

actually Jew is a race and a religion. Stand up, then sit down, make yourself a pb and j watch Family Guy, then take a nap

-The Juice
indifferent.gif
 Jew is not a race

eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
 Grow up
Word...
smh.gif

Most people don't realize that the "illegal" immigrant is the backbone of the Californian economy.
You act like the economy in CA is so great.
Illegal Immigration Costs California Over Ten Billion Annually
http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/immigrationnaturalizatio/a/caillegals.htm

You know this is bad when there are Republicans like myself and others I know slamming this bill. The state of Arizona is going to get hit financially with civil lawsuits due to profiling as well as the police force becoming slightly ineffective due to them having to profile certain peoples.

I want the Irish out
I want the Muslims out
I want the Blacks out
I want the Hispanics out
I want the Jews out

-The Juice
eyes.gif

actually Jew is a race and a religion. Stand up, then sit down, make yourself a pb and j watch Family Guy, then take a nap

-The Juice

try again.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

OJ nailed it in this thread.

When the Patriot Act passed (and subsequently) renewed most of the people in here crying about this new AZ law didn't utter a peep? Why? Because it didn't specifically target your people. Fine. If you want to play that game then why should those who are not "your" people care?

To be fair, the renewal wasn't extensively covered on here (even a thread) as this is.Also, in the majority of threads targeting Arabs or Muslims, you'll find many people getting upset over things like profiling and Guantanamo
The fact that the renewal of the Patriot Act wasn't covered as extensively on NT is neither here nor there.

OF course many people got upset in the threads that discussed targeting Arabs/ Muslims. Most of them were Arab or Muslim themselves. That is completely understandable. I'll guarantee that if we go back to those threads that very few non Arab/Muslims were vehement in their defense.

This is the problem. Most people only care when they are particularly effected.

CallHimAR, Essential1, Daytona and Haze almost always pop up in those threads. Doubt any of them are Muslim.
My hunch is that they are all Black Americans and they know what it's like to be profiled.
My comments were directed, implicitly, to the many in this thread of hispanic/latino origin. I'm sure there are a few in other threads but not many.

Either way I don't understand why so many are so indignant. Every action has a reaction.

So long as the American establishment needed cheap labor that could not be had amongst the native population (i.e. legal Americans) they turned a blind eye to illegal workers.
When the cheap labor can be found amongst the native popualtion, they no longer need illegal workers.
This is a "deal" that was made by both parties.

It is what it is. I don't fault any illegal immigrant. People do what they have to do. On the other hand, that holds true for everyone. Just like illegal immigrants take extreme ( and at times cvery dangerous and suicidal) measures to come to the US, the reaction to that may also be extreme. 

I want the Irish out
I want the Muslims out
I want the Blacks out
I want the Hispanics out
I want the Jews out

-The Juice
eyes.gif

actually Jew is a race and a religion and the verdict is still out about Muslims. I believe in other countries Muslims consider themselves as an ethnicity. Stand up, then sit down, make yourself a pb and j watch Family Guy, then take a nap

-The Juice
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 Stop

eek.gif

people really do not know that some jewish people consider themselves as a race? Some HATE to be considered a race. Have you ever taken a Social Studies class in college?

-The Juice

Originally Posted by Lex Starks

You know this is bad when there are Republicans like myself and others I know slamming this bill. The state of Arizona is going to get hit financially with civil lawsuits due to profiling as well as the police force becoming slightly ineffective due to them having to profile certain peoples.
slam all u want 70% of the ppl in arizona support the bill and they the ones that count

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/64572

eek.gif

people really do not know that some jewish people consider themselves as a race? Have you ever taken a Social Studies class in college?

-The Juice
yes i have and those Jews are idiots... they're just Caucasians who killed jesus  

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

eek.gif

people really do not know that some jewish people consider themselves as a race? Have you ever taken a Social Studies class in college?

-The Juice
yes i have and those Jews are idiots... they're just Caucasians who killed jesus  
Either way though. I truthfully know a lot of jewish people who consider themselves "Jews" but they do not practice the religion and do not even believe in the religion. And I remember reading some where that the Supreme Court recognizes jew as a race.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by OldDogPR

Lex Starks wrote:

slam all u want 70% of the ppl in arizona support the bill and they the ones that count

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/64572

187 passed 60% to 40%.. and look how that ended.

bill was signed knowing it was going to get over turned, but the gov will not look like the bad guy and will say "well.. i tried"

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

eek.gif

-The Juice
Either way though. I truthfully know a lot of jewish people who consider themselves "Jews" but they do not practice the religion and do not even believe in the religion. And I remember reading some where that the Supreme Court recognizes jew as a race.

-The Juice
why wouldnt they recognize it as a race? this is the same country that felt sorry for jews so they split another country in half so Jews can have their own country
and yeah i see what u mean about Jews thinking its a race, those are the newer generation ones...if they were smart they'd say there were of the Jewish faith

The way I see it is if you aren't native american, you can't call anybody an illegal alien. Yeah, its true our struggle won't compare to the struggle of our african american brothers. African americans till this day get profiled and discriminated against, but atleast they can stay here. We get shipped back to our countries where we don't know if we are even going to eat, due to the horrendous conditions back home.

Originally Posted by backpacker23

The way I see it is if you aren't native american, you can't call anybody an illegal alien.
This line of reasoning is beyond foolish.

"If you're not a Cro-Magnon, you homosapiens can't tell them anything"
laugh.gif

Land changes hands constantly. It is particular to no one. There is no "guarantee" on land ownership on this earth.

I agree the bill is immoral and unethical; however, I believe with more of a incentive to ask for an ID may make this bill a tad better, rather than just ask someone just because.
For example, if a cop sees criminal activity underway he can than only ask for an ID; ideally, this won't occur, (as I'm reading the bill) this doesn't look like the right path.

Oh, and orenthljams, I definitly hope you're a kid in highschool that was deprived of attending any history class(es); if not, then I must say you are historically challenged.

Back
Top Bottom