The Arizona Immigration Bill has been passed

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

What are the alternatives to this bill? It seems like most NTers are are up in arms but provide 0 solutions. What are your ways of handling the illegal immigration problem?

-The Juice

that is the $64,000 question

everybody is a critic, but can't offer anything of substance

What are the alternatives to this bill? It seems like most NTers are are up in arms but provide 0 solutions. What are your ways of handling the illegal immigration problem?

-The Juice

over reaching and violating someones 4th amendment rights isn't a solution to anything, its creating another problem. under age drunk driving is a problem so everyone16-25  should be subject to a Breathalyzer regardless of how they may be driving because they could be be a drunk driver potentially.

or better yet, most white collar crimes are committed by white men, so lets check their bank accounts to make sure they aren't embezelling money.

in this country everyone citizens and non citizens alike are protected by the 4th amendment which guarantees protections from illegal search and seizure and everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

if you want to stop illegal immigrants from entering this country make all employers produce ss#'s for all their employees, and anyone who hires an illegal alien is fined heavily. state governments should put pressure on thier congressmen and senators to enact real comprehensive immigration reform and boarder controll.

but this law is just a bs ploy by a governor who's getting primaried  from her right and is trying to appeal to the republican base pure and simple.

imagine that you're a hispanic parent. And you have a grown legal child. your child walks to school everyday. Cops stop him going to school for no reason just because of his looks. Same thing occurs on the way home. and it occurs again and again. It causes the young and the rest to live their lives in shame and embarrassment. This effects them dearly. Could you imagine the criticism they've receive since the bill has passed.

It does seem like this bill lends itself to racial profiling...

But that isn't what I'm interested in. There should be an easy way for an immigrant to become a legal resident/citizen of a country of their choosing. I can admit that I am not honestly 100% certain how someone goes from living in, say, Mexico to then becoming a citizen of the US LEGALLY. I understand the VISA program, but isn't that only temporary residency?

See, what I'm getting at is there should be a focus on encouraging legal immigration, rather than scaring the people that are already in here. There doesn't seem to be incentive to go through all the legal processes involved in becoming legal since it isn't (from my perspective) a very clear procedure to begin with.

This bill is a move in the wrong direction, for sure. But it is only one state...so far. I think it might not get QUITE AS BAD as some people may suggest, but I have a hunch that Arizona isn't San Francisco.

although I don't agree with this bill illegal immigrants need to be dealt with accordingly

illegals hurt this county more than it helps

-The Juice
I don't know a non bat +*++ teabag party bill..

How about we make a bill that if you are here illegally and wish to stay in America instead of arresting you we set you up with a path to citizenship, with a couple year probationary period. In that probationary period you are on a work visa. If you commit a crime you are throw out of the country, if it is a major crime you are put in jail here to serve your term, when your term is up you are sent back to where you came from with no legal chance to ever come to America.

And for those who do not want to stay here and want to accrue some money and then leave we put regulation on that money. You live here on a Visa for a certain period of time 2-5, and you are taxed on a little more income than a person who plans to stay here and bring their family here..

Link with the Mexican Government and create a system for traveling from Mexico to the United States and back. Which will better help the illegal situation at the same time save lives so people won't have to use the desert as their mode of travel.

Setting up a point system in the country where depending on what you are doing, why you are here, how long you plan on staying, and your past as to the preferential treatment you get. And where in line you will become a citizen.

Education in Mexico of the legal ways to come to America and set up an assistance program for people who want to be American and live the American Dream.

Increasing of border patrol just patrolling on safety and force, they show compassion to the people. So we can get rid of some of the fear people have traveling here leading to more illegal immigration.

Education for our own citizens of how important they are to our economy. How they help each U.S. citizens life.

Some of you are making some pretty absurd arguments when it comes to illegal immigration. First you don't just have the right to be wherever you want. If you illegally entered a country like France for example best believe they would ship you out. You cheat the people who entered the country legally and waited for citizenship. I definitely don't agree that racial profiling is the answer but something needs to be done.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Some of you are making some pretty absurd arguments when it comes to illegal immigration. First you don't just have the right to be wherever you want. If you illegally entered a country like France for example best believe they would ship you out. You cheat the people who entered the country legally and waited for citizenship. I definitely don't agree that racial profiling is the answer but something needs to be done.
You do know this country was built on illegal immigration right?

No one is saying illegal immigration is a great thing.. But there's no reason to treat illegal immigrants like primitive animals that deserve no respect and no concern from people.

why dont they just set up turnstiles and checkpoints and run everyone who passes into a system and tag us... why just those that look illegal? Theres gotta be many legal citizens out there that have traffic fines, IRS issues, and warrants out for their arrest. people who have done worse than the illegals. If they want a clean sweep, Go after everyone.. wouldn't that just be lovely?

Well I'm just glad it's not black people getting screwed this time
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

Good lord.

yeah and there was once slaves, 13 colonies, and interment camps for Japanese/Asians....should we now revert back to those times? I mean seriously there once was a time where you could legally buy ecstasy...lets legalize it now.

Who cares if this country was built on illegal immigration....times have changed. We now have laws and regulations. People live longer, and over population is a growing problem. We now have electricity and a proper way to cook red meat and pork. Lets invite everyone from every country to illegaly live in America, only because a bunch of white dudes in baked and powdered wigs with rotten teeth decided it was a great idea to steal people and make them work.

-The Juice

Good lord.

yeah and there was once slaves, 13 colonies, and interment camps for Japanese/Asians....should we now revert back to those times? I mean seriously there once was a time where you could legally buy ecstasy...lets legalize it now.

Who cares if this country was built on illegal immigration....times have changed. We now have laws and regulations. People live longer, and over population is a growing problem. We now have electricity and a proper way to cook red meat and pork. Lets invite everyone from every country to illegaly live in America, only because a bunch of white dudes in baked and powdered wigs with rotten teeth decided it was a great idea to steal people and make them work.

-The Juice

I guess you ignored the other part of it where I said no one says illegal immigration is a great thing but that is no reason to treat them like primitive animals.. But you kindly edited that out because it was better for your argument..

%+@! outta here.

No one is saying illegal immigration is a great thing.. But there's no reason to treat illegal immigrants like primitive animals that deserve no respect and no concern from people.
The country was also built by bringing in African slaves. Does that justify slavery? Illegal immigrants shouldn't be treated like animals and if i came off like i was saying that i was not. However they don't have a right to just go wherever they want. Times have changed 

I guess you ignored the other part of it where I said no one says illegal immigration is a great thing but that is no reason to treat them like primitive animals.. But you kindly edited that out because it was better for your argument..

%+@! outta here.
No I read it. And I really don't care enough to edit things to make my argument look "better" I edited out because I felt it was so exaggerated there was no need to adress it.

Primitive animals? Really lol ok. Are they chaining them up to a pole? Are they putting them on wheels and dangling cheese infront of their faces? Are they injecting them with cancer to see if there is a cure? 

Bottom line though, EVERYONE should be checked and "profiled" not just hispanics. Every color/race, period.
-The Juice

Originally Posted by glasses

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

as an AZ resident, I am of strong support of this bill. I commend Jan Brewer for having some balls and making the difficult correct choice

It's safe to assume you are not Hispanic?

Some of you guys need to show some empathy.
We need to stop thinking about ourselves, and look at the bigger picture.  There is a chance that you get requested to prove citizenship for no reason other than your race, but that discomfort you will go thorugh compared to the impact this will have on the disaster of illegal immigrants, it's a drop in the bucket.  Take the good with the bad.

ZOMG a disaster, too many mexicans!!!!
eek.gif

The country was also built by bringing in African slaves. Does that justify slavery? Illegal immigrants shouldn't be treated like animals and if i came off like i was saying that i was not. However they don't have a right to just go wherever they want. Times have changed 

Of course the way our country was built doesn't mean they should be able to travel freely without constraints. It is just to give a matter of perspective... We shouldn't demonize illegal immigrants for being here if that is what our founders did.. Now with slavery it is wrong no matter the circumstance so we cannot establish that it would be ok today because that was how America was built. Where as immigration was a way as a new & free life which makes it ok.. what they did with it wasn't ok.. All it is, is to give a matter of perspective and if we ignore that perspective we are not being genuine in this debate

%+@! outta here.
No I read it. And I really don't care enough to edit things to make my argument look "better" I edited out because I felt it was so exaggerated there was no need to adress it.

Primitive animals? Really lol ok. Are they chaining them up to a pole? Are they putting them on wheels and dangling cheese infront of their faces? Are they injecting them with cancer to see if there is a cure? 

Bottom line though, EVERYONE should be checked and "profiled" not just hispanics. Every color/race, period.
-The Juice
Primitive Animals as in who cares about them they are not human and we can do whatever we want with them because they don't matter. They have no rights, they have no voice, they get no consideration lets do what we want to them.. When we need them we love them, when they become an inconvenience we turn our backs and treat them whatever way we see fit.. So primitive animals are exactly what this bill is treating them like.

And EVERYONE should be profiled? Maybe the Constitution is not so much a strong point in how this country does things.... right?

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

as an AZ resident, I am of strong support of this bill. I commend Jan Brewer for having some balls and making the difficult correct choice

It's safe to assume you are not Hispanic?

Some of you guys need to show some empathy.
We need to stop thinking about ourselves, and look at the bigger picture.  There is a chance that you get requested to prove citizenship for no reason other than your race, but that discomfort you will go thorugh compared to the impact this will have on the disaster of illegal immigrants, it's a drop in the bucket.  Take the good with the bad.

ZOMG a disaster, too many mexicans!!!!
eek.gif

laugh.gif

How will this affect  the All-Star Game in AZ

It's laughable that the Latino people in this thread feel that it is almost a right and given that all Mexicans who cross the border deserve to be here. As if illegal immigration is truthfully not a problem and should be encouraged. And they bring up the topic of Ellis Island. Ellis Island was made to encourage immigrants and welcome them. Used to build America and pump money into the economy, to LEGALLY inspect people and make sure their papers were in order. It was opened and then closed. It was an opportunity NOT a free-for-all. People think because America is "free" that means everyone is allowed in. There are specific reasons as too why becoming a citizen is a long process. If it wasn't, this country would turn into China with 6 billion people all across the globe packed in.

Yeah lets ignore protocol and allow everyone at any time, and not make them go through a process, to get proper identification. And lets ignore protocol all under the title of "Freedom for all."

Next time I go to a Kanye concert I'll protest because they are only letting dimes backstage to meat Ye and GOOD Music. They are descriminating to males and it's wrong, and they are treating me like an "animal". Taking away my freedom to walk backstage.

And EVERYONE should be profiled? Maybe the Constitution is not so much a strong point in how this country does things.... right?
I feel EVERYBODY should be checked for citizenship.

-The Juice

It's laughable that the Latino people in this thread feel that it is almost a right and given that all Mexicans who cross the border deserve to be here.
Broad brush we have there

Back
Top Bottom