^ The Avengers - Official Movie Thread: Out Now!! ^

Just got home from watching it in 3D, I thought it was dope a good way to kick off the Summer movies IMO.

Originally Posted by nawghtyhare

Originally Posted by Bozo7000

Movie was great. I like how everyone revived just about an equal amount of screen time. Didn't expect to be as thrilled with Hawkeye and Black Widows characters as much as I was. I thought Scarlett did a great acting job. Particularly the scene where Banner slams his hands out the table and she pulls the gun on him. And when she plays Loki to get information out of him.

It seems like majority of people, including the people I went with, where coming in big Hulk and Iron Man fans. I was coming in a Thor fan. When he entered the plan and snatched Loki from them
pimp.gif

I was going to walk out of the theater if Hulk was able to pick up Thor's hammer.
Honestly i expected Cap. to pick up the hammer sometime during the movie
I would've been surprised had they done that in this movie.  I'm sure Joss Whedon knows full well how much of a monumental moment in cinematic history that scene will be, that he's holding onto it until the end of the second or third Avengers movie.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by Bozo7000

Movie was great. I like how everyone revived just about an equal amount of screen time. Didn't expect to be as thrilled with Hawkeye and Black Widows characters as much as I was. I thought Scarlett did a great acting job. Particularly the scene where Banner slams his hands out the table and she pulls the gun on him. And when she plays Loki to get information out of him.

It seems like majority of people, including the people I went with, where coming in big Hulk and Iron Man fans. I was coming in a Thor fan. When he entered the plan and snatched Loki from them
pimp.gif

I was going to walk out of the theater if Hulk was able to pick up Thor's hammer.
I would've been surprised had they done that in this movie.  I'm sure Joss Whedon knows full well how much of a monumental moment in cinematic history that scene will be, that he's holding onto it until the end of the second or third Avengers movie.
I could actually see this being in the last scene in the final Avengers movie, with Thor being down for the count, and Cap wielding Mjolnir

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

I could actually see this being in the last scene in the final Avengers movie, with Thor being down for the count, and Cap wielding Mjolnir
hopefully we get a 2015 release date for avengers 2

It would have been too much if Cap picked up the hammer in this movie. They finally gave the casual movie goer a really idea of just how heavy Thor's hammer is with how the Hulk couldn't pick it up. To let Cap pick it up in the same movie would be too much.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Cap can pick up the Hammer?
K...JayPesoz just answered the question. 
laugh.gif

I wonder where those people are who said that this movie wouldn't break any records. Haha.

Yes, the only other people to pick it up are Cap, Beta Ray Bill and the Silver Surfer (i believe)...the requisite is that you have pure intentions and be pure of heart.  There have been occasions where Thor couldnt even pick up the hammer
(somebody correct me if i'm wrong)

edit: Just read up, basically the Hammer has to deem you worth to pick it up.  it has nothing to do with weight..But Hulk and Spider-man have been deemed worth to wield it, as has Hercules along with a few more minor characters

Yes, the only other people to pick it up are Cap, Beta Ray Bill and the Silver Surfer (i believe)...the requisite is that you have pure intentions and be pure of heart.  There have been occasions where Thor couldnt even pick up the hammer
Also, Thunderstrike, Wonder Woman during the DC/Marvel crossover, and Superman when JLA joined with The Avengers (Yet, I don't know if that counts towards the continuity of the main story.)

I also thought Hulk has picked it up........btw what was up with that scene where thors hammer wouldnt come to him after falling outta the ship onto the ground in that holding tank. like him trying to make it come to him but it stayed in the ground

I'm far from a comic expert but I've read that it has to do with a spell put on the hammer and not necessarily how heavy it is. I think Captain America carried it at one point because he was deemed worthy.
edit: nevermind everyone seemed to cover it before i hit the reply button. 
laugh.gif

this is a pretty definitive article on Mjolnir (Thor's Hammer) if anyone cares
http://www.comicvine.com/mjolnir/18-40971/

There have been a few occasions where Thor couldnt lift Mjolnir.  It happens when he strays from the "noble path" or has unrighteous intentions...it happened in the Thor movie as well

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

would you guys recommend IMAX 3D, or just the regular 3D, or no 3D at all?

If you go IMAX, do it right. Get there with enough time to grab a center seat in about the 4th or 5th row. The 180º view is swell... 
smile.gif

I also thought Hulk has picked it up........btw what was up with that scene where thors hammer wouldnt come to him after falling outta the ship onto the ground in that holding tank. like him trying to make it come to him but it stayed in the ground
It's not that it didnt come to him but what loki just did. Thor knew that once he picked up his hammer he was going to have to use it and there was no reasoning with loki imo

I was confused during that part also.

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

I was confused during that part also.
There have been a few times when Thor hasnt been able to pick up his hammer...usually its because his heart isnt in the right place

when cap picked up ze choppa and started dumpin 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Marvel needs to get the ball rolling on some more rated R joints now

I gotta say, i was pleased with the movie. Pretty much met my expectations. A lot of good action w/ a corny story line. Went with the family so i enjoyed watching it.

Originally Posted by sorianotron

when cap picked up ze choppa and started dumpin 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Marvel needs to get the ball rolling on some more rated R joints now

i doubt that happens since disney owns the characters and they can make more money without an R rating

I've picked up Mjolnr a bunch of times because kids leave them all over the place in the toys section in Target.

Back
Top Bottom