^ The Avengers - Official Movie Thread: Out Now!! ^

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Kevin Feige revealed that Loki will appear in Thor 2 but will not be the primary villain; instead, a new villain will serve as the main antagonist.

" Feige also said that while Loki has a part, "...there will be a different villain, another big villain"

any guesses?
Enchantress & the Executioner? Sutur would vit as big but he'd be all cgi. Maybe Ego the Living Planet. Not that familiar with early Thor and his rogue gallery.

@GrimlocK They're already working on the script for the Daredevil reboot.

I think an Iron Fist movie could do really good just simply by bringing the world of martial arts in to Marvel but maybe they'd save that for Shang Chi.
whhhhaaaaat! I was just talking about this.  Daredevil should DEFINITELY include Elektra, and should be a dark movie.  All of the Marvel Knights films should be darker in tone.  I just wish they would do the Punisher  the right way smh, especially considering how much him and Daredevil clashed

Iron Fist and Luke Cage are probably going to appear in the AKA Jessica Jones series which is supposed to be in continuity with the Marvel movies if they ever get it off the ground

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Iron Fist and Luke Cage are probably going to appear in the AKA Jessica Jones series which is supposed to be in continuity with the Marvel movies if they ever get it off the ground
Thats supposed to be a TV show?  Not a bad idea, hopefully it would get some good viewership, and get to include some of the other Marvel street level heros in the same vein as Smallville
I also think Ant-Man would make a much better comedic/action TV show than a movie

Best choices (in terms of easy transition to the big screen and/or successful box office numbers) for supporting Avengers movies: Cage and Iron Fist, She-Hulk, Falcon, Black Panther, Wasp, Hercules.....

Worst choices: Ant-man/Goliath, Dr Strange, Vision, Sub Mariner, Wonder Man...

I'd bet my bottom dollar that one of the next characters they introduce will be of African American heritage.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Best choices (in terms of easy transition to the big screen and/or successful box office numbers) for supporting Avengers movies: Cage and Iron Fist, She-Hulk, Falcon, Black Panther, Wasp, Hercules.....

I'd bet my bottom dollar that one of the next characters they introduce will be of African American heritage.
I think a She-Hulk/Wasp/Hercules/Falcon movie would be terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible.  Im a huge comic book/Marvel fan, but I wouldnt dare go see any of those

Originally Posted by solarius49

I think a She-Hulk/Wasp/Hercules/Falcon movie would be terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible.  Im a huge comic book/Marvel fan, but I wouldnt dare go see any of those
vision would be an excellent addition to the avengers movies...

and a submariner movie would be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
if done properly

Why Wasp and no Ant-Man?
You do know that they are husband and wife in the comics right?

When Wesley Snipes get out? Can we get another Blade?

Dude that mentioned Iron Man fighting Mandarin in the next Iron Man..I have read that Mandarin is scheduled to b the next villain in Iron Man 3..so you got your wish..

Not too familiar with the Mandarin story line..anyone that can help?

Originally Posted by dmxgod

Dude that mentioned Iron Man fighting Mandarin in the next Iron Man..I have read that Mandarin is scheduled to b the next villain in Iron Man 3..so you got your wish..

Not too familiar with the Mandarin story line..anyone that can help?
He has 10 rings constructed from parts of a crashed Celestial ship.  I found a table that lists what they all do
[table][tr][th=""]Digit[/th][th=""]Left Hand[/th][th=""]Right Hand[/th][/tr][tr][td]Little finger[/td][td]Ice BlastThe ring emits waves of cold which can be used to stun an opponent. The ring usually causes the air in the path of its blast to turn to ice, and can lower an object's temperature to nearly absolute zero.[/td][td]Black LightThe ring can create an area of absolute blackness that seems to absorb all light used within it. Although "black light" is a term used to refer to ultraviolet radiation, the darkness created by the ring is probably a form of the "darkforce" used by Cloak, Darkstar, and the Shroud.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ring Finger[/td][td]Mento-IntensifierThe ring magnifies the wearer's own psionic energy, allowing him to place one or more people under his mental control and to transmit orders to them mentally. Most frequently used to create illusions.[/td][td]Disintegration BeamThe ring emits a beam of energy that destroys all bonds between the atoms and molecules of the object it strikes. This ring needs twenty minutes to recharge after use.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Middle Finger[/td][td]Electro-BlastThe ring emits electricity in amounts at intensities mentally determined by the wearer. The maximum current attainable is not known.[/td][td]Vortex BeamThe ring causes the air to move about at high speed in a vortex. The vortex can be used as an offensive weapon, as a means of levitating objects, or as a means of propelling the ring's wearer through the air.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Index Finger[/td][td]Flame BlastThe ring emits infrared radiation, or heat, at intensities mentally determined by the wearer. Usually the heat produces flame through incandescing the molecules in the air in the path of the blast. The heat beam can be used to trigger chemical explosions. The maximum amount of heat it can generate is not known.[/td][td]Impact BeamThis ring can project various forms of energy, most frequently that of fast neutrons with great concussive force. The ring has also been used to project intense sonic vibrations and to create magnetic waves to attract or repel objects. The ring may be capable of emitting other forms of energy as well, and has been used to send Iron Man slamming through a mountain.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Thumb[/td][td]White LightThis ring can emit various forms of energy along the electromagnetic spectrum. Has been used to create gravity powerful enough to make Iron Man bury himself by trying to walk forward.[/td][td]Matter RearrangerThis ring can rearrange the atoms and molecules of a substance, or speed up or slow down their movement, so as to produce various effects. The ring has been used to condense water vapor in the air to liquid water, to solidify gasses, to create lethal poison gas from the air, to turn a group of men to stone, to turn a man into a beetle, to turn a mountain into a rock-monster, and to make a stone hand large enough to engulf Iron Man's body erupt from the floor. The ring cannot transmute elements or rearrange the atoms and molecules of Iron Man's magnetic-beam reinforced armor.[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by solarius49

Word, I don't know how a Wasp movie would be good but Ant-Man won't. We suppose to follow Janet around as she designs clothes? Goes around being a socialite? Fight her stalker Whirlwind?
laugh.gif

Falcon?
laugh.gif
Even though he's like marvel's 2nd major black superhero son can't even hold down his own solo title.

I don't see how a Dr. Strange movie would be a bad idea. They'd just have to do their own slightly different spin on Strange.

Gawd damn, the Avengers grossed 100 million its second weekend. That's more than so many opening weekends of other films.

*edit*

And I didn't realize it already hit the 1 billion mark including worldwide tallys.

I doubt Mandarin is gonna actually have the magical rings, especially since in the first Iron Man the terrorist group was named Ten Rings. I've read that Ben Kingsley is the villain and I guess it makes sense for him to be the Mandarin, though his "power" will probably be technology based, not magical. Read that Guy Pearce and Andy Lau are in the film too, that's a pretty great cast.

Originally Posted by MastaMind033

I doubt Mandarin is gonna actually have the magical rings, especially since in the first Iron Man the terrorist group was named Ten Rings. I've read that Ben Kingsley is the villain and I guess it makes sense for him to be the Mandarin, though his "power" will probably be technology based, not magical. Read that Guy Pearce and Andy Lau are in the film too, that's a pretty great cast.
Well even in the comics the rings were technology based, they were parts from a crashed Celestial space ship

Ben Kingsley is like a chameleon.  He's played a few different nationalities.  I thought he was just a white British guy but he's half Indian.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

ATGD7154xBBxMZ wrote:

Falcon?
laugh.gif
Even though he's like marvel's 2nd major black superhero son can't even hold down his own solo title.

I totally could! 
Stop making fun of me guys.
frown.gif

Oh now that's a fan, didn't notice you named your SN after him
laugh.gif
I like him as a character, never cared that much for his theme but he was cool paired with Cap. A solo movie for him would be incredibly hard to pull off. At the end of the day he is a black guy dressed like a falcon that has a pet falcon rolling with him living in Harlem iirc.
Spoiler [+]
1237488-dc_260_79f21a944_super.jpg

[table][tr][th=""]Year[/th][th=""]Film[/th][th=""]Director[/th][th=""]Distributor[/th][th=""]Budget[/th][th=""]Gross[/th][/tr][tr][td]1998[/td][td]Blade[/td][td]Stephen Norrington[/td][td]New Line Cinema[/td][td]$45 million[/td][td]$131,183,530[/td][/tr][tr][td]2000[/td][td]X-Men[/td][td]Bryan Singer[/td][td]20th Century Fox[/td][td]$75 million[/td][td]$296,339,527[/td][/tr][tr][td]2002[/td][td]Blade II[/td][td]Guillermo del Toro[/td][td]New Line Cinema[/td][td]$54 million[/td][td]$155,010,032[/td][/tr][tr][td]Spider-Man[/td][td]Sam Raimi[/td][td]Columbia Pictures[/td][td]$140 million[/td][td]$821,708,551[/td][/tr][tr][td]2003[/td][td]Daredevil[/td][td]Mark Steven Johnson[/td][td]20th Century Fox[/td][td]$78 million[/td][td]$179,179,718[/td][/tr][tr][td]X2: X-Men United[/td][td]Bryan Singer[/td][td]$110 million[/td][td]$407,711,549[/td][/tr][tr][td]Hulk[/td][td]Ang Lee[/td][td]Universal Pictures[/td][td]$137 million[/td][td]$245,360,480[/td][/tr][tr][td]2004[/td][td]The Punisher[/td][td]Jonathan Hensleigh[/td][td]Artisan Entertainment
Lionsgate[/td][td]$15.5 million[/td][td]$54,700,105[/td][/tr][tr][td]Spider-Man 2[/td][td]Sam Raimi[/td][td]Columbia Pictures[/td][td]$200 million[/td][td]$783,766,341[/td][/tr][tr][td]Blade: Trinity[/td][td]David S. Goyer[/td][td]New Line Cinema[/td][td]$65 million[/td][td]$128,905,366[/td][/tr][tr][td]2005[/td][td]Elektra[/td][td]Rob Bowman[/td][td]20th Century Fox[/td][td]$43 million[/td][td]$56,681,566[/td][/tr][tr][td]Man-Thing[/td][td]Brett Leonard[/td][td]Lionsgate[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Fantastic Four[/td][td]Tim Story[/td][td]20th Century Fox[/td][td]$100 million[/td][td]$330,579,719[/td][/tr][tr][td]2006[/td][td]X-Men: The Last Stand[/td][td]Brett Ratner[/td][td]$210 million[/td][td]$459,359,555[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]Ghost Rider[/td][td]Mark Steven Johnson[/td][td]Columbia Pictures[/td][td]$110 million[/td][td]$228,738,393[/td][/tr][tr][td]Spider-Man 3[/td][td]Sam Raimi[/td][td]$258 million[/td][td]$890,871,626[/td][/tr][tr][td]Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer[/td][td]Tim Story[/td][td]20th Century Fox[/td][td]$130 million[/td][td]$289,047,763[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008[/td][td]Punisher: War Zone[/td][td]Lexi Alexander[/td][td]Lionsgate[/td][td]$35 million[/td][td]$10,100,036[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009[/td][td]X-Men Origins: Wolverine[/td][td]Gavin Hood[/td][td]20th Century Fox[/td][td]$150 million[/td][td]$373,062,864[/td][/tr][tr][td]2011[/td][td]X-Men: First Class[/td][td]Matthew Vaughn[/td][td]$140–160 million[/td][td]$353,624,124[/td][/tr][tr][td]2012[/td][td]Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance[/td][td]Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor[/td][td]Columbia Pictures[/td][td]$57 million[/td][td]$122,299,048[/td][/tr][/table]
Spider-man's a lost cause and way I understand, they can't touch Daredevil/Elektra, the Fantastic Four or Wolverine and the X-Men.

Hulk, got his and I don't think anyone wants a Punisher reboot...so yeah.

The people with the big rebooting job is DC.
sick.gif

Ayo, those Punisher War Zone numbers are TURRIBLE. I dont get why they cant make a good Punisher movie. If they followed the same formula they did with Blade, it would be golden

But why would DC have a big reboot job? All they have is Superman to reboot lol, and the worst Superman movie isnt touching Ghost Rider, Ghost Rider 2, X3 Spider-man 3, Punisher War Zone ect as far as terribleness goes

Back
Top Bottom