^ The Avengers - Official Movie Thread: Out Now!! ^

laugh.gif
I forgot they made an Elektra movie.

If FOX was smart they'd find a way to make the X-Men and F4 crossover even though the only real connection they had in the comics was Franklin being a mutant.

Just checked and it's FOX handling the Daredevil reboot so they can keep the rights. Had they not have that in the works the rights would've reverted back to Marvel end of the year or some time in 2013. Oh well at least this reboot seems to be based off a good Daredevil arc.

The reason Punisher hasn't been done right is cuz Lionsgates doesn't give a %$@+. They heard comic based movie and figured they could wing it on the premise of Punisher being a murderous vigilante when he's a bit deeper and make money like FOX, Sony, and Marvel are doing. Plus I bet Marvel studio guys weren't ever willing to make it that good as aids to the plot or w/e since their bosses don't have the rights.

Did not know there was a Man-Thing movie.

Wouldn't mind Marvel rebooting Blade or bringing Snipes out of jail just to get him back in their universe.

Originally Posted by AlanDutch

Originally Posted by solarius49

Im surprised there hasnt been a Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3 release in conjunction with the movie
was thinking this as well..2 was solid.
Has MUA3 even been announced as a future release? 
nerd.gif

Just watched tonight, I thought it was really entertaining. I don't know much bout Thor but it seems like he should be way more powerful, or at least use his lightning powers a lot more

But why would DC have a big reboot job? All they have is Superman to reboot lol, and the worst Superman movie isnt touching Ghost Rider, Ghost Rider 2, X3 Spider-man 3, Punisher War Zone ect as far as terribleness goes
Well...the goal's gotta be Justice League. After Avengers, if you don't go all the way to Justice League, aren't you chicken %+@#?

None of those other movies have anything to do with the Avengers movies. Most moviegoers wouldn't even assume they were in the same universe. They got a clean slate and a bunch of unknown film characters to mess with. And they absolutely nailed the casting with RDJ, Hemsworth, Norton/Ruffalo, ScarJo and I hear plenty of people like Chris Evans.

And regardless of my issues with them, all of the solo films (except IM2) are well done, good on their own and connected in clever little ways.

DC just had a Green Lantern movie that more or less killed the character for a good while coming. How do you run an ad for a new one without people rolling their eyes?
They've been trying and failing to make a Wonder Woman film for a decade+ Joss Whedon wanted to write/direct it. They said no thanks.
Nolan's Batman is iconic and about to end for good. Rebooting and distinguishing yourself so soon after such a successful and accepted series? G'luck
...Zach Snyder's Superman is supposed to lead it off? Unknown actor? Snyder's first all-around good film since Dawn of the Dead? (less you count 300, I don't) I mean you could say the same thing about Favreau directing an action movie, but they have a Robert Downey Jr.

I think what they did with these Avengers films was a much more seemless task than the job DC has in front of them. There a ton more fans of the characters, but a lot more expectations and baggage and hurdles. Who was gonna be mad if Cap or Thor turned out only decent? Who's your quarterback? There's no Nick Fury in DC, is there? Is Martian Manhunter gonna show up in Man of Steel or something? They don't have a Hulk. They have a Superman: a Captain America who's so powerful they're gonna have to b#^&% him out to make sense why anyone else is important. And they're gonna have to gadget up Batman until he's on their level. Just imagine. They're gonna have to be the first ones to make Batman (in costume) work during the daytime. And on top of that, everyone has a secret identity to juggle too? The realism of Marvel's superheroes is something DC is gonna have to deal with too. Their most realistic superhero has an amazingly successful franchise and he doesn't even fit in?
sick.gif

Avengers biggest issue was that some...important, but still bonus members of the team couldn't join. And mind you, Avengers barely pulled it off. Thank Joss Whedon.

I think DC has a tougher job.

Oh had a discussion on Twitter a few days ago: Terry Crews or Michael Jai White as Luke Cage. I say Terry Crews for Luke and if they reboot Blade without Wesley, MJW = Blade

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Oh had a discussion on Twitter a few days ago: Terry Crews or Michael Jai White as Luke Cage. I say Terry Crews for Luke and if they reboot Blade without Wesley, MJW = Blade
I can't even take Cheeseburger Eddy (Terry Crews) seriously in The Expendables.
laugh.gif
I don't think many fans would be in favor of that. There's a indy trailer for Luke Cage...It's the guy from the Old Spice commercials. 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

laugh.gif
I don't think many fans would be in favor of that. There's a indy trailer for Luke Cage...It's the guy from the Old Spice commercials.�
happy.gif
I've seen that. I just think this screams Terry Crews

luke-cage.jpg

Plus I just want to see him say it... "SWEET CHRISTMAS!!!!" Just once.

When Fury shows Iron Man and Captain America Agent Coulson Card collection in the lower right hand corner there is a screen with a map of Africa show and a beacon continuously flashes on it. 

laugh.gif
I don't think many fans would be in favor of that. There's a indy trailer for Luke Cage...It's the guy from the Old Spice commercials.�
happy.gif

Terry Crews as Luke Cage? I like em, but heck no. They need a slightly unknown guy to play Cage IMO.

Originally Posted by AirThompson

laugh.gif
happy.gif

Terry Crews as Luke Cage? I like em, but heck no. They need a slightly unknown guy to play Cage IMO.

I'll take that. I say they should do the same for Black Panther

micheal jai white would be great for luke cage, idris elba for black panther.

I still rather an iron fist movie BUT i def wouldn't mind a movie for these guys at all.

I cant believe this, i just signed on to say that I was going to write a script for a Luke Cage movie! Ive always wanted to write a movie script, and comics are a passion of mine.  But in my mind, I always see Rampage Jackson as the character.  What do you guys think?  Anyways, Ill keep NT posted on how my writing goes

Originally Posted by AreYouDeeWhy

When Fury shows Iron Man and Captain America Agent Coulson Card collection in the lower right hand corner there is a screen with a map of Africa show and a beacon continuously flashes on it. 
Black Panther reference?

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Black Panther reference?

Most likely. Good eye if true

I cant believe this, i just signed on to say that I was going to write a script for a Luke Cage movie! Ive always wanted to write a movie script, and comics are a passion of mine.  But in my mind, I always see Rampage Jackson as the character.  What do you guys think?  Anyways, Ill keep NT posted on how my writing goes
WHAAAAAAAAAAT??!?!?!?!?
You are writing a Luke Cage movie??? 

CONGRATS!!!!! 

NT doing big things I swear!

Originally Posted by MrONegative

But why would DC have a big reboot job? All they have is Superman to reboot lol, and the worst Superman movie isnt touching Ghost Rider, Ghost Rider 2, X3 Spider-man 3, Punisher War Zone ect as far as terribleness goes
Well...the goal's gotta be Justice League. After Avengers, if you don't go all the way to Justice League, aren't you chicken %+@#?

None of those other movies have anything to do with the Avengers movies. Most moviegoers wouldn't even assume they were in the same universe. They got a clean slate and a bunch of unknown film characters to mess with. And they absolutely nailed the casting with RDJ, Hemsworth, Norton/Ruffalo, ScarJo and I hear plenty of people like Chris Evans.

And regardless of my issues with them, all of the solo films (except IM2) are well done, good on their own and connected in clever little ways.

DC just had a Green Lantern movie that more or less killed the character for a good while coming. How do you run an ad for a new one without people rolling their eyes?
They've been trying and failing to make a Wonder Woman film for a decade+ Joss Whedon wanted to write/direct it. They said no thanks.
Nolan's Batman is iconic and about to end for good. Rebooting and distinguishing yourself so soon after such a successful and accepted series? G'luck
...Zach Snyder's Superman is supposed to lead it off? Unknown actor? Snyder's first all-around good film since Dawn of the Dead? (less you count 300, I don't) I mean you could say the same thing about Favreau directing an action movie, but they have a Robert Downey Jr.

I think what they did with these Avengers films was a much more seemless task than the job DC has in front of them. There a ton more fans of the characters, but a lot more expectations and baggage and hurdles. Who was gonna be mad if Cap or Thor turned out only decent? Who's your quarterback? There's no Nick Fury in DC, is there? Is Martian Manhunter gonna show up in Man of Steel or something? They don't have a Hulk. They have a Superman: a Captain America who's so powerful they're gonna have to b#^&% him out to make sense why anyone else is important. And they're gonna have to gadget up Batman until he's on their level. Just imagine. They're gonna have to be the first ones to make Batman (in costume) work during the daytime. And on top of that, everyone has a secret identity to juggle too? The realism of Marvel's superheroes is something DC is gonna have to deal with too. Their most realistic superhero has an amazingly successful franchise and he doesn't even fit in?
sick.gif

Avengers biggest issue was that some...important, but still bonus members of the team couldn't join. And mind you, Avengers barely pulled it off. Thank Joss Whedon.

I think DC has a tougher job.

Avengers doesn't have to be the goal. I mean Superman just couldn't exist with Nolans Batverse. So everything will have to be from scratch and I don't see it happening, not anytime soon at least.
GL2 is already green lit with Reynolds staying as Hal. To be honest, Reynolds was much better as Hal than I anticipated. It was the story and cgi and stupid decisions that made it dumb. They should have picked a different villain, even if the villain is more vague (not someone like Parallax that is one of Hals biggest villain and screw it up) just to get a good origin movie out of the way. 

I am not sure where you read or heard that Snyders Superman is leading it off to eventually become a JLA film, I sure haven't read or heard it from a legitimate source. 

JLA doesn't need a "qb" to fomr the team, it can easily be anyone or just by chance. Keep in mind, the original Avengers were not formed by Nick Fury. They just got together to battle and joined up and formed the group afterwards. To be honest, a worlds finest movie would more plausible at this point and could just be as epic as the Avengers. If I were DC/WB, I'd tackle that first before venturing to a JLA movie. 

But in my mind, I always see Rampage Jackson as the character.  What do you guys think?  Anyways, Ill keep NT posted on how my writing goes

Hell no.  rampage is a douche and shouldn't be hired to ever be in a movie again.

Black Panther reference?

There was a Black Panther reference in Iron Man 2 also, the part where Nick Fury shows Stark that digital map which locates metahumans all over the globe and there was one in Africa.

Originally Posted by MastaMind033

Black Panther reference?

There was a Black Panther reference in Iron Man 2 also, the part where Nick Fury shows Stark that digital map which locates metahumans all over the globe and there was one in Africa.

You mean mutants? Meta's are DC.

Originally Posted by MastaMind033

^^I don't know why I said metahumans but Black Panther isn't considered a mutant either, he's a mutate.

So I guess that isn't an Easter Egg then? If it tracks mutants and Black Panther isn't a mutant then... 

rampage as luke cage? nah as sad as it is to say...rampage doesn't have the............acting skill to pull of Luke. I'd rather have uncle Luke play Luke cage.

Back
Top Bottom