^ The Avengers - Official Movie Thread: Out Now!! ^

Originally Posted by theDEEK

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ that article. I legit ate shwarma last friday too because of the Avengers.

where a shwarma joint around here... the closest one i googled was in charmicheal and it was closed down.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

think New York Post had a slip on the new Avengers character...
edit: 
roll.gif
 sorry about the size
pic didnt work, can you repost that?
haha not sure if youre messing with me because the pic is the size of my monitor at work

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

It would make no sense if Coulson was a LFD then what was that whole sad Sam Jackson face when he saw dude dead...for me it would stupid to later find out coulson is still alive.
Maybe he will be made into a LFD in the future? IDK. I really think he did die in the movie. Also, I read that actor Clark Gregg signed on to do 11 Marvel movies...So who knows? Maybe his character will continue in the next Marvel movie?

think New York Post had a slip on the new Avengers character...
edit: 
roll.gif
 sorry about the size
haha not sure if youre messing with me because the pic is the size of my monitor at work

It really didn't work. but smh. I was expecting Spidey. Not a typo
frown.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

frown.gif

Im so mad lol, thats what I was anticipating?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

brought a bunch of comics to work today to show my students how heavy I was into the comic game as a kid
smile.gif

oh so you must know my ladies lol
564673_10150640056438693_500208692_9556570_2113554086_n.jpg
NICE!

I brought issues #1-4 of this so they could see a bunch of characters from the Marvel Universe...
61CSQieKR-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Originally Posted by omgitswes

frown.gif

Im so mad lol, thats what I was anticipating?
eyes.gif

that massive pic works now

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

Originally Posted by theDEEK

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ that article. I legit ate shwarma last friday too because of the Avengers.

where a shwarma joint around here... the closest one i googled was in charmicheal and it was closed down.
nerd.gif

The place I went to is a Lebanese joint on Fulton Ave.

It's called Maaloufs
roll.gif
roll.gif

I was heated as hell when I saw the name, but it turned out to be good %@$ food.

I honestly think that Robert Downey Jr will be done making super hero movies by the time Avengers 3 comes out. He would be well past 50 by then

brought a bunch of comics to work today to show my students how heavy I was into the comic game as a kid
smile.gif

oh so you must know my ladies lol
564673_10150640056438693_500208692_9556570_2113554086_n.jpg
NICE!

I brought issues #1-4 of this so they could see a bunch of characters from the Marvel Universe...
61CSQieKR-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Do your students know you're on NikeTalk?
laugh.gif

I'd be trippin out if you were my teacher and i saw this on here and had no idea you were on NT!
roll.gif

I really enjoyed the movie.
It was crazy trying to find a showing. Saturday was pretty much sold out!!
laugh.gif

I caught the Sunday morning show(also sold out) and got good seats. It was fun, and I'm glad I stayed through all of the credits as well. I don't know which scene I liked more.

I honestly think that Robert Downey Jr will be done making super hero movies by the time Avengers 3 comes out. He would be well past 50 by then

Liam Neeson is 60 and he's just getting started...

Yeah I guess you're right. Robert Downey just seems like he would get bored really quick, i mean I dont know the guy, so im just talkin out my @!$

RD JR's contract with Marvel is up after IM3. There was already that article posted that Marvel was gonna James Bond who plays Iron Man. So it's really up to him if he wants to wait and show up for Avengers 2 & 3 cuz a IM4 or 5 in between both would be pushing it unless they really dig in and focus on those stories.

Honestly, there's a video in the thread from like a week before the US premiere, that's all of them on the red carpet. It wasn't til I saw that that I got how much RDJ must love this, because he's honestly his character in the movies. He has that Tony Stark affect on the crowd and he's the superstar he always had the talent and appeal to be, because of it. Besides, they don't ask too much of him.

I mean what'd he have to do in this movie? Do his scenes in Stark Tower, then some on the ship? The rest was just a zoom in of his face in the suit. He doesn't have to do almost any stunts or anything. That's all cgi or someone else. Outside of Ruffalo, he had to least action work to do and he knows he's the quarterback and glue guy of the series. And he obviously has time to do other movies cuz of it.I

As long as the movies don't turn to !@%*, I think he's gonna stick around for a long while.
smokin.gif

Yeah I guess you're right. Robert Downey just seems like he would get bored really quick, i mean I dont know the guy, so im just talkin out my @!$

I read or saw an interview where RDJ said he'd be perfectly happy playing Tony Stark and Sherlock Holmes and nothing else his entire life so I don't think he gets bored with it. 

Originally Posted by RFX45

I read or saw an interview where RDJ said he'd be perfectly happy playing Tony Stark and Sherlock Holmes and nothing else his entire life so I don't think he gets bored with it. 
Thats great news to me!

I hope not..dude is the perfect Iron Man
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Originally Posted by Grizzly Hebert

Originally Posted by dhart48

word...im still heated that he killed buffy's mom in the first 2 mins of an episode....no warning no nothing
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

He really got me with Fred on the last season of Angel. Even though Amy Acker was still on the show as Illyria...

My sweet, sweet Fred was gone.
ohwell.gif
Lets not talk about Serenity where he just was offing dudes left right and center. I swear he knows how to create and kill characters. He's like G.R.R. Martin's son from the future or something.
laugh.gif
  I love all those shows.  Buffy's mom dying was so random and unexpected just like real life 
frown.gif
.  Cordelia and Fred 
frown.gif
frown.gif
.  Serenity was sad as well.  Main characters dying is good though, it reminds the audience no one is safe.
I'll finally get to watch The Avengers in IMAX on Thursday.  I'll be done with this damn semester.

I think Downey releases the studio took a chance on him for Iron Man and it paid off well for both of them, I'm sure he's incredibly grateful and happy to be Tony Stark as long as he can. Remember that Terrence Howard got a higher salary then Downey because of his troublesome past. Also when you do big movies like these, make a studio a ton of money, and willing to stick with the franchise, you can pretty much get any kind of pet project or smaller kind of movie made.

Back
Top Bottom