The Beijing 2022 Winter Olympic Games Thread 🔥🥇🥈🥉

My Guy Eumir Marcial lost in a super close one but dude is an exciting fighter. The ukraine dude he fought as well both guys were going at it.

One Silver and One Bronze for Philippine boxing.

Brazy how Paalam was the underdog among the philippine contingent yet he has a chance at gold after pulling of a couple upsets.

Crazy how they said from he went from fighting for $2 for food to eat then now to fighting for olympic gold . :frown: His wiki is crazy

“ Paalam then worked as a scavenger at a landfill in the city. His neighbor encouraged him to join a local tournament known as "Boxing at the Park" after seeing him in backyard boxing match. He won his first boxing match at age 7 and used his winnings to buy rice for his family”

big yikes

they just continued the tradition of the US mens 4x100 team. from an ESPN article:

This marks the 10th time since 1995 they have given away a relay at a world championships or Olympics, either due to a disqualification, a dropped baton, a doping violation or a faulty exchange, the likes of which led to the latest result.

individually these dudes are solid at 100m. but they're like the opposite of the saying "greater than the sum of its parts"

Last edited:
So Gabby Thomas is a world class athlete, gorgeous, and about to get a masters in epidemiology? That’s some high quality genes right there.

She had a real nice interview with Randy Scott on the midday ESPN a couple months ago that I wanted to post but I can't find it for ****. :smh:

These women divers are amazing. Give em all medals.

It's quite satisfying seeing a diver enter the water with minimal splash.

Man, China got diving in a headlock.

I don't know about the men's side, but their women are killing it.

Incredible how those girls are doing all of this when most other kids their age are playing with a Switch or Minecraft right now.

This is such a fascinating event.
1628161210830.jpeg

Congrats to gardener of the Bahamas on 409 gold …. And Kirani for his 3rd Olympic medal

USA disappoints again with no medal in the 400 Men

Huge respect to the athletes that do the Decathlon and Heptathlon doing one event is painful enough let alone so many that they have to do.

Fairly attractive field in the heptathlon. :D

Huge respect to the athletes that do the Decathlon and Heptathlon doing one event is painful enough let alone so many that they have to do.

Fairly attractive field in the heptathlon. :D

this Warner dude ran 10.1 and I think his long jump would have come 3rd in the actual event.. then someone was 13 low in the 110 hurdles

it’s impressive that these dudes can do all these events.. but to do THAT on top of things

The major track events left are the M 4x100, W 4x100, and the W 400M right?

US men have to start from scratch going forward in the track events. I know the pandemic pushed stuff back and they didn’t allow every athlete to come in at the same time like normal, but that’s the case for everybody. Bring in Carl Lewis from UH or something, that’s just embarrassing. Rai and Holloway caught some bad breaks, but pretty much everybody else needs to man the hell up

US men have to start from scratch going forward in the track events. I know the pandemic pushed stuff back and they didn’t allow every athlete to come in at the same time like normal, but that’s the case for everybody. Bring in Carl Lewis from UH or something, that’s just embarrassing. Rai and Holloway caught some bad breaks, but pretty much everybody else needs to man the hell up

it‘s a bigger issue than just.. this goes to the top

im not sure what exactly the selection process is but I know what it is for swimming, which depends on the makeup of the roster more so than the best interest of the overall team

for the swim team, if you have a star on the team or you have a couple of your swimmers in a strong position, you’ll be in heavy consideration to be the HC.. and then the roster gets filled out based on results at trials

a perfect example of this backfiring is Ryan lochte’s coach being named the HC in the 2012 olympics.. him being Ryan lochte’s coach affected the decision he made regarding the men’s 4 x 100 free team where he screwed the order and forced lochte in there so he had his chance to repeat what Phelps did in ‘08

with the track team even when they had guys doing well in the individual event and they had 2 guys in the finals there was always relay issues AND especially in that relay you need to work on timing and communication since shh is so fast.. but as I said above, I have zero clue how you put 2 guys who didn’t even run the 200 at trials on the 2 curves

Back
Top Bottom