The Best Thing You Ever Ate Vol. Foodietalk

31755358_10156451442732533_778725214837014528_n.jpg

I did vegan for three months. **** is ****ing TRASH.

Im about to just become a person who frequents the gym at least 3 times a week while decreasing my fried food, pork, and beef intake.

Can't believe I went that long eating that garbage

In Arizona they got that Indian fry bread (pork, chkn, steak) made by the rez.. maaaan that **** was bomb

Peach cobbler is the greatest concoction of food to exist on this planet

My favorite breakfast of all time is my mom's poached eggs in a tomato and onion sauce with arepas on the side. When the yolk hits the sauce and I wet my arepa (buttered and salted) in it, so ****ing good.

My favorite lunch was one day I was really craving a burger after being disappointed with burgerfi and five guys. Nothing against those places but I had 2 terrible experiences back to back and just said **** it I'll do it myself. The amount of work and thought I put in this thing...

Measured out 6 oz. patties myself and seasoned with pepper and garlic salt. Slow cooked onions til they were caramelized. Sriracha aioli. Jalapeño jam I bought for the occasion. I did a maple bacon weave. Slice of muenster cheese. I even thought out how to build it. Bun, aioli, bacon weave, onions, burger, cheese, jam, bun. I don't ever remember having a meal so satisfying.

When i read the title i tried to think of the meal that i ate that tasted the best.
But alot of things taste good.

The last time i visited the Philippines i remember waking up early the day of our flight out.
I had to use the restroom and it was downstairs. My great grandmother was in the kitchen and when she saw me she said "breakfast?" (she spoke very little english)

So she made me a very simple traditional Filipino breakfast.
Longonisa sausage with an over easy egg and white rice.
She put it in front of me and sat right across from me , and at that moment it hit me that this would be the last time we would ever see each other.

So i ate it, and ive had this plenty of times, but this time was different.
It always tastes good.
Alot of things taste good.

But there was more to it than that this time.
Maybe it was something in the air, maybe that particular egg came from a unique chicken, or maybe the pork came from a well fed happy pig, maybe the rice came from one of the best harvests in a century, or maybe it was the tears in my great grandmothers eyes, smiling watching me eat.

That breakfast may have not been the best thing i ever tasted.
Alot of things taste good.

But it was the best thing i ever ate.

Last edited:
My two favorite dishes: Lamb biryani and Oxtails with peas and rice. I could eat these everyday of the week. That and fried calamari.

This is my favorite subject. I could go by category but I'm just gonna do ten that jump to the front of my brain:

1. Fergburger, Fergburger - Queenstown, New Zealand

2. Pancakes, Zazie - San Francisco, CA

3. Sausage pizza, Santarpio's - Boston, MA

4. Cheesesteak, John's Roast Pork - Philadelphia, PA

5. Brookie, Bakeshop on 20th - Philadelphia, PA

6. Ribs, Pappy's Smokehouse - St. Louis, MO

7. Lasagna, Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse, Orlando FL

8. Wings (but everything else too), Fedearlist Pig - Washington, DC

9. Black and White cookie, Glaser's Bake Shop (RIP) - NYC

10. Captain Crunch Pancakes, Eating House - Miami, FL

Back
Top Bottom