The Boondocks Season 4 Adult Swim Bump

Tried to research who the hell is writing and came up with nothing.

Some chick that used to write for Scrubs wrote last week's, this week's didn't have a writer's credit.

The two main writers for this season appear will be two women who are credit as consulting producers in the credits.

-Where are the dudes that were talking dat "Enjoy it for what it is" nonsense. Show ain't eem funny so far. :smh:

Next week's does look like it got potential though

Last edited:
Tried to research who the hell is writing and came up with nothing.

Some chick that used to write for Scrubs wrote last week's, this week's didn't have a writer's credit.

The two main writers for this season appear will be two women who are credit as consulting producers in the credits.

-Where are the dudes that were talking dat "Enjoy it for what it is" nonsense. Show ain't eem funny so far. :smh:

Next week's does look like it got potential though

i can tell why there were ZERO credit for this ep no one WANTS credit for that BS

this show has always sucked.

this show has always been schuckin and jivin trying to be disguised as liberating or w/e..

you can blame this show and all the terrible rap music coming out for all these white, asians and latinos using the N word so freely.

this show has always been schuckin and jivin trying to be disguised as liberating or w/e..

you can blame this show and all the terrible rap music coming out for all these white, asians and latinos using the N word so freely.
This show was a satire.

Now its just degrading a people. It's so awful that Aaron's brainchild will be run through the dirt before it is over.

Got me feeling like

Man...you know I didn't want to admit it to myself...but I was actually offended by this last episode...like trivializing economic realities of losing ones house, forcing a once proud black man to sell himself into slavery? Huey rebuttle only lasted about one min. Windsler Jr. acting the way he acted...I get what they were trying to do, but man it came off as offensive...

If you know my posts, you know I'm the first one to say "wait to judge" "see all the facts" "don't let emotion over run logic" ...I think the facts are in on this show...the first episode wasn't that bad, a little offense but this second one?

Anyone feel they are taking small jabs at black males? Like first episode Tom was a little B, I thought we resolved that issue last season? Micheal B Jordan's character was essentially the same thing, both played puppets to the white man. Then this one, Uncle Ruckus actually offended me in this episode. Grandad selling himself into slavery? At least in Trading Places Eddie got his at the end...what did Grandad get?

I'll end every post in this thread like this...my heart is broken.

No the show always had something meaningful to take away at the end aside from its satire. Now the show is a lil extra and seems like we are no longer laughing at the joke but being laughed at....

We will never see another if MLK was alive today type of episode that had a true meaning smh....

I was already a bit tired when I started to watch it, but turned it off midway through. I finally watched the entire episode, and see I didn't miss anything. This is not the same show. I don't expect things to get any better.

I thought the slavery discussion at the end was ridiculous.

The Uncle Ruckus racism crap is getting OLD FAST. Still I enjoyed it :smokin

It's not that it got old, it's the fact that it's being used improperly and in poor context.

Man...you know I didn't want to admit it to myself...but I was actually offended by this last episode...like trivializing economic realities of losing ones house, forcing a once proud black man to sell himself into slavery? Huey rebuttle only lasted about one min. Windsler Jr. acting the way he acted...I get what they were trying to do, but man it came off as offensive...

If you know my posts, you know I'm the first one to say "wait to judge" "see all the facts" "don't let emotion over run logic" ...I think the facts are in on this show...the first episode wasn't that bad, a little offense but this second one?

Anyone feel they are taking small jabs at black males? Like first episode Tom was a little B, I thought we resolved that issue last season? Micheal B Jordan's character was essentially the same thing, both played puppets to the white man. Then this one, Uncle Ruckus actually offended me in this episode. Grandad selling himself into slavery? At least in Trading Places Eddie got his at the end...what did Grandad get?

I'll end every post in this thread like this...my heart is broken.

View media item 944743
Out of ALL the episodes in the boondocks
THIS episode offended u?
It didn't offend me
Just kinda made me :smh: cause it was too much real life IMO in that episode

Well no one can say this post is being disguised as terrible.

It just is.

I was already a bit tired when I started to watch it, but turned it off midway through. I finally watched the entire episode, and see I didn't miss anything. This is not the same show. I don't expect things to get any better.

It's not that it got old, it's the fact that it's being used improperly and in poor context.

They'e using Ruckus too much, and he is too turnt when he is on screen. Ruckus is funniest when he is casually dropping his racial gems, it adds to the outrageousness of the character, because it is like "How can he say this stuff so calmly"

Then from time to time he shows up raging.

Like when he threw the brick at MLK, the funniest part was not him shouting at MLK, but him saying that he would have shot him back in the day but he realize "the white man got better aim"

Last edited:

There using Ruckus too much, and he is too turnt when he is on screen. Ruckus is funniest when he is casually dropping his racial gems, it adds to the outrageous of the character because it is like "How can he say his stuff so calmly"

Like when he threw the brick at MLK, the funniest part was not him shouting at MLK, but him saying that he would have thrown bricks at him back in the day but he realize "the white man got better aim"
And am I trippin but there hasn't really been any of Huey's usual monologues

THIS episode offended u?
It didn't offend me
Just kinda made me
mean.gif
cause it was too much real life IMO in that episode
The idea of trading ones home for freedom really offended me. Before, I could see the satire, the family always came out on top in some sort of way...but this one...this one...I'm very upset.

THIS episode offended u?

It didn't offend me

Just kinda made me :smh: cause it was too much real life IMO in that episode

The idea of trading ones home for freedom really offended me. Before, I could see the satire, the family always came out on top in some sort of way...but this one...this one...I'm very upset.
Do u feel that way because of how in a way it was the truth

The second time u have said this. How was everything the truth in this episode?

Uncle ruckus not being funny any more is because before he was taken as a joke. Now he has legitimacy and people are even taking him serious as a white man....

The Uncle Ruckus racism crap is getting OLD FAST. Still I enjoyed it
smokin.gif
There using Ruckus too much, and he is too turnt when he is on screen. Ruckus is funniest when he is casually dropping his racial gems, it adds to the outrageous of the character because it is like "How can he say his stuff so calmly"

Like when he threw the brick at MLK, the funniest part was not him shouting at MLK, but him saying that he would have thrown bricks at him back in the day but he realize "the white man got better aim"
And am I trippin but there hasn't really been any of Huey's usual monologues
You're not tripping. I noticed the same thing.

The second time u have said this. How was everything the truth in this episode?

Uncle ruckus not being funny any more is because before he was taken as a joke. Now he has legitimacy and people are even taking him serious as a white man....
i feel there was some truth imo
but i was just asking for specifics on why he was offended
sometimes i feel we(african americans) think in the short term and not long term when it comes to decisions
and will sometimes sign our life away
as in this case he signed his life away to keep his house
my bad if im not being more specific im tryna pay attention to the sterling thing on nba.com and type at the same time

i feel there was some truth imo
but i was just asking for specifics on why he was offended
sometimes i feel we(african americans) think in the short term and not long term when it comes to decisions
and will sometimes sign our life away
as in this case he signed his life away to keep his house
my bad if im not being more specific im tryna pay attention to the sterling thing on nba.com and type at the same time

This is the problem I have.... Negative things like this are always seemingly assigned to the black race.
That isn't a black problem, it's a people problem. Despite what Fox News says the housing bubble wasn't caused by black people. It was caused by Americans (majority white people) signing their lives away on these loans they couldn't afford.

Now it was deeper connotations in the episode and that's where Huey's monologue would explain but it was absent and just seems like the joke is on us now....

In case y'all didn't know Aaron Mccruder got fired from the show , so that might make a difference throughout the 4th season

I haven't watched this episode yet, but I swear this better be as bad as ya'll making it out to be.

Quote:

I haven't watched this episode yet, but I swear this better be as bad as ya'll making it out to be.
I don't think it is but it definitely wasn't enjoyable. It was quite boring. I just wasn't interested in it at all.

The only episode of the boondocks that I will never watch again. Last week's episode was def better.

Back
Top Bottom