The Boondocks Season 4 Adult Swim Bump

Yall are some salty folks, it's only two episodes in. I was cracking up this whole episode , thought it was better than the last one which was cool too. My only knock is that huey needs those monologues he always held the show down.

Yall are some salty folks, it's only two episodes in. I was cracking up this whole episode , thought it was better than the last one which was cool too. My only knock is that huey needs those monologues he always held the show down.
I didn't notice really one funny thing in the episode
Was quite upsetting to see the situation they was putting themselves in
Made me feel bad
I though we was gonna get a gangstalicous cameo when they brought him up though
That episode when Riley was dressing up in the butt out tall t and wearing the girl shoes is def the top 5 in boondocks episodes
Maybe even top 3
Along with the Tyler perry one
And the one when the crazy 007 agent type lady granddad met on the Internet
Oh and that one when grandad was a sugar daddy
Oh and the rkelly one
Oh and the first stinkmeaner one when he killed him
Oh and the one when uncle ruckus fam come to stay with him
Oh and the one when their family stay with them after hurricane Katrina
Oh and the one when dude buys her lemonade stand
:lol: my bad its just so many funny episodes

Show is lacking substance now, I still can watch older seasons and catch stuff that relates to today.

Last edited:
To every one saying that the episode wasn't bad or that it was actually funny...

Yes, they might be hitting points that are true but it isn't being done at the same level of class.

- watching the voice actors piece their way through the dialogue.. it doesn't have the same flow.

- watching the characters react to situations rather than create them

- grandad has always been cheap/ stingy where is the continuation?

- Even if he was getting bullied by a loan shark he wouldn't have broken down like that. he would've had some smart remarks

- huey has no answers? not even a real suggestion on what grandad should be doing to handle things... that's unusual

- riley.. the candy selling don.. didn't have any street-smart input on hustling up the money

- uncle rukus doesn't go around calling people ***** for the heck of it. He usually does it when making some sly comment about them as a people.

- Also, tom is a lawyer! He had no place in the episode. Would've preferred screen time for him, than the presidential campaign stuff dropped in.

- bottom line is if you have watched all the seasons and enjoyed them. Then you know Aaron did a lot of character development and we grew to love these folks

- the writers who are doing it now have no attachment to the characters, only the jokes and punchlines

Season 2 was the gold standard for humor

and season 3 was the gold standard for message.

neither elements are present here

Last edited:
To every one saying that the episode wasn't bad or that it was actually funny...

Yes, they might be hitting points that are true but it isn't being done at the same level of class.
- watching the voice actors piece their way through the dialogue.. it doesn't have the same flow.
- Even if he was getting bullied by a loan shark he wouldn't have broken down like that. he would've had some smart remarks
- huey has no answers? not even a real suggestion on what grandad should be doing to handle things... that's unusual
- riley.. the candy selling don.. didn't have any street-smart input on hustling up the money
- uncle rukus doesn't go around calling people ***** for the heck of it. He usually does it when making some sly comment about them as a people.
- Also, tom is a lawyer! He had no place in the episode. Would've preferred screen time for him, than the presidential campaign stuff dropped in.
- bottom line is if you have watched all the seasons and enjoyed them. Then you know Aaron did a lot of character development and we grew to love these folks
- the writers who are doing it now have no attachment to the characters, only the jokes and punchlines
rockclapgif

yeah ep was not funny glad they got it out the way now tho 

the writers gonna exploit riley like terrio and have huey with no input i bet Lol 

I understand concerns about last nights episode but I feel like since this is supposedly the last season, the future episodes in this season will make everything come together, like one huge story. Unlike the episodes in the past where they just referenced an old episode for a joke, character ect.   

I really don't think they would just end a episode with them being sold into slavery and "the end". Also, the preview for next weeks episode looks like it may connect to episode 2 as in Huey is "Breaking Bad" cause they need money to get out of the financial hole their in. 

Then again this is just my speculation.

View media item 913278

Last edited:

I understand concerns about last nights episode but I feel like since this is supposedly the last season, the future episodes in this season will make everything come together, like one huge story. Unlike the episodes in the past where they just referenced an old episode for a joke, character ect.   

I really don't think they would just end a episode with them being sold into slavery and "the end". Also, the preview for next weeks episode looks like it may connect to episode 2 as in Huey is "Breaking Bad" cause they need money to get out of the financial hole their in. 

Even if it is they could of made it funnier and wrote it alot better than it was, that woulda been a *****ty part 1.

Aaron Mcgruder is that you?
Exactly how I feel, couldn't have stated it any better.

- grandad has always been cheap/ stingy where is the continuation?- Even if he was getting bullied by a loan shark he wouldn't have broken down like that. he would've had some smart remarks
- huey has no answers? not even a real suggestion on what grandad should be doing to handle things... that's unusual- riley.. the candy selling don.. didn't have any street-smart input on hustling up the money- uncle rukus doesn't go around calling people ***** for the heck of it. He usually does it when making some sly comment about them as a people.- [COLOR=#red]Also, tom is a lawyer! He had no place in the episode. Would've preferred screen time for him, than the presidential campaign stuff dropped in.[/COLOR]- bottom line is if you have watched all the seasons and enjoyed them. Then you know Aaron did a lot of character development and we grew to love these folks

Even if it is they could of made it funnier and wrote it alot better than it was, that woulda been a *****ty part 1.
that is a good theory though

Watching it right now. That's shows how interested it's keeping me.

:smh:

It's like somebody watched a half season of this and The Chappelle Show(even referenced the confusion from the "hanging in a chow line" line in the Good Times thing) and thought they had an understanding of black comedy. How did the landlord know Huey had "political views"?

OMG and a "Trading Places" reference?!? I'm willing to bet there are no fights this season, McGruder had to fight for fight scenes when he was part of the show.

Watching it right now. That's shows how interested it's keeping me.

:smh:

It's like somebody watched a half season of this and The Chappelle Show(even referenced the confusion from the "hanging in a chow line" line in the Good Times thing) and thought they had an understanding of black comedy. How did the landlord know Huey had "political views"?

OMG and a "Trading Places" reference?!? I'm willing to bet there are no fights this season, McGruder had to fight for fight scenes when he was part of the show.

show went from a black comedic perspective
to a white person's take on the black comedic perspective

Do u feel that way because of how in a way it was the truth

The second time u have said this. How was everything the truth in this episode?

Uncle ruckus not being funny any more is because before he was taken as a joke. Now he has legitimacy and people are even taking him serious as a white man....
i feel there was some truth imo
but i was just asking for specifics on why he was offended
sometimes i feel we(african americans) think in the short term and not long term when it comes to decisions
and will sometimes sign our life away
as in this case he signed his life away to keep his house
my bad if im not being more specific im tryna pay attention to the sterling thing on nba.com and type at the same time

debt is slavery. dude drowned himself in debt and couldnt even work his way out of it. thats how debt works when used improperly. look at the kids now with student loans the size of mortgages that cant be discharged. i think thats what you are trying to get at.

So with Aaron Mcgruder leaving you guys think there be any appearence of Caesar???  
frown.gif
mean.gif

So with Aaron Mcgruder leaving you guys think there be any appearence of Caesar???  :frown: :smh:

Somehow I don't think the current writers even know there are characters outside the ones already on the show.

Back
Top Bottom