The College Basketball Post

Just moved to Brentwood in October. Do you know where Q's is?
You know I'm not playing my guy. Calling the Uber now. Rolling through the frat houses like I own em
smokin.gif
Damnnnnnnn. Sounds lit AF 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Damn UK :smh: .. to unranked

I missed the last few min watching this football game

Last edited:
Sparty the new #1. Not mad at it.

CBB rankings are more pointless than football imo. They dont play a role til tournament seeding time and even then its meh we've seen those 2/15 upsets yearly now

So...this is the only UK game I have actually been able to watch this year. Who scores for them? Murray and Briscoe? No shade, but they just don't look like THAT strong of a team, tbh. This is exactly what I was talking about last week when someone in here said they were just going to run away with things....

Compared to past teams nah we not THAT kinda team .. freshman we had last year played together better early than this group does. Theyll work on it though.

Scorers are Ulis Murray Briscoe and Labissiere

Last year scoring wise itd be 8 guys with about the same amount of points

Last edited:
Still kinda shocked over the loss,hope all the UCLA fans turned up imma have to make it out to LA and party with them cats....Not even mad congrats

We really about to lose to a bunch of second rate nobodies and coaches sons? Alford family can **** my ****
Sheesh. Relax, man. 
laugh.gif

Kentucky just looked soft to me. Nothing physical down low. Obviously didn't help that they couldn't make many shots either.

Also, this is why I was skeptical on some UK fans saying this year's team was possibly going to be better than last year's team. 2014-15 KY was the best CBB team we are going to see in a while.

Also...did Cal really say "Every team that we play, that team will play their best game in the history of that team."

If so...
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

@BDawsonWrites: Anthony Davis: "I got a hundred calls from Jrue (Holiday) last night" during UCLA's win against Kentucky.

@BDawsonWrites: Holiday on UK-UCLA trash talk with Davis: “I didn’t let him have it too bad, because last year we only had 7 points at halftime.”

We really about to lose to a bunch of second rate nobodies and coaches sons? Alford family can **** my ****
Sheesh. Relax, man. :lol:

Kentucky just looked soft to me. Nothing physical down low. Obviously didn't help that they couldn't make many shots either.

Also, this is why I was skeptical on some UK fans saying this year's team was possibly going to be better than last year's team. 2014-15 KY was the best CBB team we are going to see in a while.

He was semi-joking, read his previous posts afterwards :lol:

And I wouldn't say we looked soft, losing Lee early and having AP in foul trouble really killed us. Those guys do a lot of our dirty work in the paint. Frontcourt was real thin, having to rely on Skal, Humphries, and Willis this early in the season is a recipe for disaster :smh:

When fans say this team will be better, they mean this team will gel better than last season and I somewhat agree with that. We had all the big names last season and did everything we were supposed to do outside of winning a championship, however that came with a lot of selfish play which ultimately cost us when it counted.

This team won't achieve what last years team accomplished, but like I said a few weeks ago it's a lot better watching these guys play together. I don't think this squad has enough to cut down the nets though as of today.

Also...did Cal really say "Every team that we play, that team will play their best game in the history of that team."

If so...:stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

"This team played well today. They did what they had to, they were focused. Look, would you say this is the best they’ve played? Ok, every game we play, it’s the best that they’ve played whoever the team is. Monmouth. We’re playing Eastern Kentucky. They’re going to play the greatest game in the history of games because they’re playing us. We have to understand they play tougher, they play rougher, they play more focused, they play harder. It’s what it is. Playing at Kentucky, that’s what you get. We get the other team’s best. We walk into an arena, it’s the best crowd in a while? I mean, it’s just what it is. That’s Kentucky. We did not meet that challenge and neither did I as a coach. I thought we were more prepared than we were, and we weren’t.”

Not sure what's wrong with that statement :lol: .. it's true, opponents get up for UK especially when we're highly ranked. Same goes for Duke, UNC, Kansas, etc. teams/players give it their all in most cases when playing against schools who consistently have a target on their back.

Kyle Tucker @KyleTucker_CJ 2m
Marcus Lee (unspecified head injury) status is "day to day," not likely to practice today. Cal said he had bloody nose, headache last nite.

If so...
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

"This team played well today. They did what they had to, they were focused. Look, would you say this is the best they’ve played? Ok, every game we play, it’s the best that they’ve played whoever the team is. Monmouth. We’re playing Eastern Kentucky. They’re going to play the greatest game in the history of games because they’re playing us. We have to understand they play tougher, they play rougher, they play more focused, they play harder. It’s what it is. Playing at Kentucky, that’s what you get. We get the other team’s best. We walk into an arena, it’s the best crowd in a while? I mean, it’s just what it is. That’s Kentucky. We did not meet that challenge and neither did I as a coach. I thought we were more prepared than we were, and we weren’t.”

Not sure what's wrong with that statement
laugh.gif
.. it's true, opponents get up for UK especially when we're highly ranked. Same goes for Duke, UNC, Kansas, etc. teams/players give it their all in most cases when playing against schools who consistently have a target on their back.
Well, yes, I believe that teams play their hardest (not necessarily their best) against top ranked teams. But, to say "We're Kentucky -- UCLA just played the best they're ever going to play in the history of that team." ...just seems kind of lame to me. I don't have an issue saying "when you're the top team in the country, you're going to get their best shot and that's what we got tonight." I think Cal just stretched it way too much.

(I'm far from a Cal fan too, FWIW)

I finally agree with Dan Dakich on something, Purdue is the real deal . They killed my Gators and I think the Gators will put up a fight against Michigan State next week.

Back
Top Bottom