The College Basketball Post

Yeah I mean at least we make the tourney somewhat regularly. Would obviously like to be better though :lol:
Yea they ain’t let it deteriorate to Illinois levels :lol: ...but Turgeon lookin shaky , alotta fans are questioning him right now ...how long u giving him ?

Yea they ain’t let it deteriorate to Illinois levels :lol: ...but Turgeon lookin shaky , alotta fans are questioning him right now ...how long u giving him ?
Has made the tourney the last 3 years. Is recruiting pretty well. The 2015-16 team was pretty good and got screwed a bit with their tourney seed (5 seed) and put in overall #1 seed KU's region. No reason for them to not have been a 3 seed that year.

Injuries making this year a bit of a wash, IMO, so I'm not going to fault him too much for this season. If everyone returns next year, and with the class they have coming in, they should be a top 15 team with one of the country's better backcourts.

He has recruited pretty well, but his in-game coaching definitely leaves something to be desired. Outside of the really big names that may or may not want to come MD, I don't really know what other options are out there that are clearcut better than Turgeon.

Maryland has under armour backing and are in a area full of talent of a yearly basis. You really think Turgeon is the best that you can do?

Has made the tourney the last 3 years. Is recruiting pretty well. The 2015-16 team was pretty good and got screwed a bit with their tourney seed (5 seed) and put in overall #1 seed KU's region. No reason for them to not have been a 3 seed that year.

Injuries making this year a bit of a wash, IMO, so I'm not going to fault him too much for this season. If everyone returns next year, and with the class they have coming in, they should be a top 15 team with one of the country's better backcourts.

He has recruited pretty well, but his in-game coaching definitely leaves something to be desired. Outside of the really big names that may or may not want to come MD, I don't really know what other options are out there that are clearcut better than Turgeon.
Yea I feel u ...Good assessment on Turgeon

I just have high expectations for the program and also get pissed that they can’t consistently get the best recruits from the state/area

Maryland has under armour backing and are in a area full of talent of a yearly basis. You really think Turgeon is the best that you can do?
That’s y alotta ppl questioning him right now , the program is just ok right now but feels like it should be better

But like B Sox B Sox said the options ain’t really out there right now

I don't think it has to necessarily be a big name hire in order for it to be an upgrade, though. But the university may just be content with this level of success.

I don't think it has to necessarily be a big name hire in order for it to be an upgrade, though. But the university may just be content with this level of success.
I wouldn't say the university is "content with this level of success" at all. I just don't think it's quite as easy as some may think it is. The cream of the crop guys from the area generally end up at Duke or UK or something like that, and until K and Cal are gone, I don't know if I see that coming to an end no matter who the coach is. I truly don't think just anyone could come in and do much better than Turgeon. I think we would need a Gregg Marshall or Chris Mack, or someone like that, and who knows if they'd actually want the job. They are probably holding out for Duke/UNC/UK themselves.

Maryland dumb as hell for leaving the ACC. None of the elite recruits are enticed by Big Ten ball and Maryland football has been absolute basura since joining.

Meanwhile, the ACC is flourishing in both sports so how significant was that football money really?

Maryland dumb as hell for leaving the ACC. None of the elite recruits are enticed by Big Ten ball and Maryland football has been absolute basura since joining.

Meanwhile, the ACC is flourishing in both sports so how significant was that football money really?
Athletic department is absolutely bringing in more money by being in the Big Ten. Was struggling in the ACC. Football has a good coach now and has been bringing in top 25 classes. Just need all of our QBs to stop tearing their ACLs. The football program is in the same position pretty much. In basketball the elite recruits weren't coming to MD anyways regardless of conference. I miss playing UNC and Duke, but once the conference grew so much that there were no more home and homes, it was wack.

Athletic department is absolutely bringing in more money by being in the Big Ten. Was struggling in the ACC. Football has a good coach now and has been bringing in top 25 classes. Just need all of our QBs to stop tearing their ACLs. The football program is in the same position pretty much. In basketball the elite recruits weren't coming to MD anyways regardless of conference. I miss playing UNC and Duke, but once the conference grew so much that there were no more home and homes, it was wack.

Yeah the athletic department was in a really tough place before the move. Losing money. Cutting come sports. Big Ten move kinda saved the school.
Also Maryland is kinda in AD limbo right now. When they hire a new person, we will see what happens. Until that happens, Turg is staying.

Last edited:
Assuming everyone stays, Cowan/Morsell/Huerter/Jackson/Fernando should be a pretty formidable lineup. Sticks/Wiggins/Ayala/Tomaic off the bench.

Looks like Michigan State is going to be in a very bad spot. Athletic department covering up sexual assaults by the Football and basketball teams. Yikes

^just read the outside the lines article no wonder their AD resigned today. You have to wonder what changes occur there.

Emmitt to LSU

tenor.gif

I am shocked about all of this MSU stuff coming out...

'Outside the Lines also has obtained never-before-publicized reports of sexual or violent incidents involving members of Izzo's storied basketball program, including one report made against a former undergraduate student-assistant coach who was allowed to continue coaching after he had been criminally charged for punching a female MSU student in the face at a bar in 2010. A few months later, after the Spartans qualified for the 2010 Final Four, the same assistant coach was accused of sexually assaulting a different female student.'

If all of this is true...holy ****. Makes you wonder what other skeletons your favorite program might have in its closet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom