The College Basketball Post

Serious question.... what makes you think that? Examples?

Marvin left early. Kendall Marshall left early and he was a prime candidate for 4 years. Even Reggie Bullock left early. Justin Jackson. Some of these guys barely first rounders.

James Michael McAdoo one of the only guys I can think of who stayed and shouldn’t have. Perhaps I’m wearing blinders. Enlighten me.

It’s not like scouts were begging Hansbrough to leave.

Good examples, the way I see it and a lot of people do too is UNC guys tend to linger around longer than other top programs. A ton of 5 star guys have stayed longer imo than most schools have. Barnes, Zeller, Brice just to name a few. Maybe I’m butter bc Im a Cuse guy and dudes like Ennis, Malachi, Lydon bounce early after 1 or 2 years and were not nearly rated as high as all these unc guys (berry, paige, pinson etc) You guys had a 10 year gap of one n dones fron Wright to Bradley which is insane for a program of that stature.

Good examples, the way I see it and a lot of people do too is UNC guys tend to linger around longer than other top programs. A ton of 5 star guys have stayed longer imo than most schools have. Barnes, Zeller, Brice just to name a few. Maybe I’m butter bc Im a Cuse guy and dudes like Ennis, Malachi, Lydon bounce early after 1 or 2 years and were not nearly rated as high as all these unc guys (berry, paige, pinson etc) You guys had a 10 year gap of one n dones fron Wright to Bradley which is insane for a program of that stature.

That's fair I guess but only when equating their rating coming in and not at the end of each of their year's. I mean Zeller and Brice might not even have been drafted had they left under 3 years. That 10 year stretch you talk about also encompasses a large gap in 5 star recruits I think (don't hold me to it). And def in "top guys"...But I believe between Barnes and Bradley we didn't have a 5 star when they committed? Berry/Jackson might have gotten there, I can't remember. So someone could easily come here and own me on those statements. I do know we whiffed on a bunch of guys during the NCAA stuff, which is basically that range.

Either way I think we all expect Little to leave, and probably White if he keeps playing like he did the last 2 games.

That is the pereception with Roy though. I think it's more that he goes so deep on the bench for so much of the season that it's hard to showcase that for some of the new guys unless they have the cache of it coming in. Only guy that had that recently is Barnes. No one thought Bradley was going to leave after 1.

Appreciate the reply. I'm surprised Howard stayed for you guys. I like his game. Prob a smart decision to come back though.

That's fair I guess but only when equating their rating coming in and not at the end of each of their year's. I mean Zeller and Brice might not even have been drafted had they left under 3 years. That 10 year stretch you talk about also encompasses a large gap in 5 star recruits I think (don't hold me to it). And def in "top guys"...But I believe between Barnes and Bradley we didn't have a 5 star when they committed? Berry/Jackson might have gotten there, I can't remember. So someone could easily come here and own me on those statements. I do know we whiffed on a bunch of guys during the NCAA stuff, which is basically that range.

Either way I think we all expect Little to leave, and probably White if he keeps playing like he did the last 2 games.

That is the pereception with Roy though. I think it's more that he goes so deep on the bench for so much of the season that it's hard to showcase that for some of the new guys unless they have the cache of it coming in. Only guy that had that recently is Barnes. No one thought Bradley was going to leave after 1.

Appreciate the reply. I'm surprised Howard stayed for you guys. I like his game. Prob a smart decision to come back though.

Agreed....wasnt trying to knock Roy, if anything I’m envious of his coaching/recruiting

If KU doesn’t go undefeated Self needs to be fired

I can guarantee you they drop a game on the road against either of the following: K-State, WVU, Oklahoma State or Iowa State.

Big win tonight against Tennessee. Also I had no idea Dedrick Lawson could dunk.

How can he not be able to dunk being a 6'9 D1 player?

I can guarantee you they drop a game on the road against either of the following: K-State, WVU, Oklahoma State or Iowa State.

Big win tonight against Tennessee. Also I had no idea Dedrick Lawson could dunk.

Back
Top Bottom