The College Basketball Post

UNC 4 life but sheeesh. #7 lol. We lost everything. Coach tried to sabotage Nas to stick around another year like Barnes && it didnt work

Duke, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Memphis, North Carolina, Oklahoma State, Texas, Virginia and Washington

OK State to lose
Is he originally from OK? Seems like OSU is a random choice for a top prospect.

Edit: Just googled him and saw he's from Arlington. BRB, taking a few bags over to his parents' place on the way to see my parents.

Juwan seems to have put his staff together. He retained Saddi Washington from Beilein's staff and is adding Phil Martelli and Howard Eisley

I don't remember but Martelli's name has been out there since before Howard was even hired.

Damn I haven't heard the name Howard Eisley in so long. He used to always be like my 9th or 10th round draft pick when I would do drafts in NBA Live lol

Oats doin' work in Tuscaloosa. Prioritized and landed Quinerly, somehow convinced Kira and Petty to stay and added grad transfer, "Beetle", from WVU.

I don't remember but Martelli's name has been out there since before Howard was even hired.

Writers close to the situation seem to think it is to help Howard learn the rules, manage the team/time, etc. Basically help him navigate through the learning curve of being a college coach without wanting the top seat or the credit.

For those that subscribe to the Athletic, Brendan Quinn wrote article today entitled "The story of Phil Martelli’s unexpected second act at Michigan".

From that article.....

“People will say, ‘Hey, for 24 years, you were the CEO and you did it your way. Don’t you want that?’” Martelli said. “Um, nah, I’m good, man. I know there’s a lot to do at Michigan. There are a lot of exciting things to do and the fact that I’m working with somebody that could be that genuine, who would let himself cry in public? Man, that’s for me.

“I know it’s crazy, but this seems meant to be.”

Last edited:
Writers close to the situation seem to think it is to help Howard learn the rules, manage the team/time, etc. Basically help him navigate through the learning curve of being a college coach.

It’s super smart, always think more former pros should do that.

Writers close to the situation seem to think it is to help Howard learn the rules, manage the team/time, etc. Basically help him navigate through the learning curve of being a college coach without wanting the top seat or the credit.

For those that subscribe to the Athletic, Brendan Quinn wrote article today entitled "The story of Phil Martelli’s unexpected second act at Michigan".

From that article.....

“People will say, ‘Hey, for 24 years, you were the CEO and you did it your way. Don’t you want that?’” Martelli said. “Um, nah, I’m good, man. I know there’s a lot to do at Michigan. There are a lot of exciting things to do and the fact that I’m working with somebody that could be that genuine, who would let himself cry in public? Man, that’s for me.

“I know it’s crazy, but this seems meant to be.”

I knew that was the thinking behind the hire, I just wasn’t sure if there was a previous relationship or connection between them.

Did the article mention anything about his performance at St. Joe's?

He had only made 3 NCAA tournaments in the last 15 years, and had only won the conference once in that same time. I don't believe he had ever brought in a Top-100 recruit, and most of his recruits (according to 247) were in the 200-400 range, if ranked at all.

Back
Top Bottom