The College Basketball Post

Did the article mention anything about his performance at St. Joe's?

He had only made 3 NCAA tournaments in the last 15 years, and had only won the conference once in that same time. I don't believe he had ever brought in a Top-100 recruit, and most of his recruits (according to 247) were in the 200-400 range, if ranked at all.
He coached LeBron's stepdad.:tongue:

I knew that was the thinking behind the hire, I just wasn’t sure if there was a previous relationship or connection between them.

From the same Brendan Quinn article....

Martelli and Howard have met three times. Once at a Nike EYBL summer stop. Once when the Miami Heat used the arena at Saint Joseph’s to practice. And once in Chicago at the NBA combine.

That’s it. The next time they will be face-to-face is in the Michigan basketball office on Friday morning, when Martelli arrives in Ann Arbor. Howard will show him his new office. It’ll be one of the rooms on the right side of a long, narrow hallway. It can get crowded in there, but all roads lead to the corner suite at the end of the hall — Howard’s office. It will be an adjustment for Martelli. The last time he was an assistant coach was 1994-95. Of course, he wouldn’t mind being a head coach again, but this job spoke to him. This is a chance to coach the coach, to put his hands in some clay and help Howard take shape as a head coach.

“I know exactly how to stay in my lane,” Martelli said. “The beauty here is that I think we’ll be able to close the door in a meeting and we can discuss, and we can argue, and we can debate, and do all that stuff. But when that door opens, and we walk out, it will be Juwan’s answers. I don’t have a drop of blood in me that will not be fiercely, fiercely loyal.”

^ IMO if he makes it out the state it'll be Virginia. He wants UNC/Duke to offer but he may have to settle for Wake/NC State, still plenty time for that to change tho.

^ IMO if he makes it out the state it'll be Virginia. He wants UNC/Duke to offer but he may have to settle for Wake/NC State, still plenty time for that to change tho.

He should have an offer from everybody by now , the kid can play . Did Bobby Frasor and Greg Paulus turn UNC and Duke away from white point guards ?

He’s definitely getting a UNC and duke offer. He’s only a sophomore :lol:

Not gonna say he’s a UNC or Duke lock. But I’d he surprised if he doesn’t land there.

He’s definitely getting a UNC and duke offer. He’s only a sophomore :lol:

Not gonna say he’s a UNC or Duke lock. But I’d he surprised if he doesn’t land there.

Florida might have to use Jason Williams to show him around during a campus visit

Lolol

He’s a north west Raleigh kid with a good head on his shoulders. White chocolate might not be able to connect with him.

A lot of Raleigh athletes usually stay within the triangle. (Raleigh, Durham and Chapel hill)

He’s the type of kid State has landed consistently when they have stayed here.

If he decides to transfer and run with Isaiah Todd this season his stock will climb significantly.

UVA would be pretty hated with him and McCorkle :lol:

Definitely not going to state. In interviews, anytime they bring up state he usually doesn’t have much to say about them.

I think if he really wanted to go there, he would’ve committed by now. They were one of the first schools looking at him.

I gotta hit up some of my old HS teachers that are UNC alumni to help sway this kid :lol:

Damn I haven't heard the name Howard Eisley in so long. He used to always be like my 9th or 10th round draft pick when I would do drafts in NBA Live lol

Have to think that since he is from Detroit, he can help recruiting in-state. Problem there is Michigan isn’t producing the talent it once did and populations around Detroit, Flint, Saginaw, etc are moving elsewhere. Or if you are a top flight kid (Bridges, Jackson, Bowen, etc) you leave for prep school due to archaic MHSAA rules.

2 of the highest profile Leesville kids in the last 20 years went out of state thought o don’t discount it.

Anthony Richardson to FSU

Shawan Robinson to Clemson

Not saying this kid will jump out of state but it isn’t unheard of in the area.

Yea, you’re right, but it’s a bit of a different time now. When Whitt receives his duke and Unc offers he’ll have 3 offers from the 3 best basketball programs in the country, from 3 of the best coaches (My opinion)

Richardson was a MCDAA so he had the liberty to go pretty much anywhere.

Robinson wasn’t as good, so I’m not sure if UNC or duke even offered him.

Speaking of Shawan, during the summers he would always come back and be a counselor at herb sendek’s camps at state. I always thought that was pretty cool lol

Yea, you’re right, but it’s a bit of a different time now. When Whitt receives his duke and Unc offers he’ll have 3 offers from the 3 best basketball programs in the country, from 3 of the best coaches (My opinion)

Richardson was a MCDAA so he had the liberty to go pretty much anywhere.

Robinson wasn’t as good, so I’m not sure if UNC or duke even offered him.

Speaking of Shawan, during the summers he would always come back and be a counselor at herb sendek’s camps at state. I always thought that was pretty cool lol

Yeah he coaching around here somewhere. Or was a year or two ago.

If Whitt already top 50 he got a shot at a burger boy. I’m just saying sometimes other factors burn obviously when you grow up around here the ACC is where it’s at.

Duke @ MSU for this years B1G ACC challenge

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2019 Big Ten/ACC Challenge matchups <a href="https://t.co/yDCGvfuu1m">pic.twitter.com/yDCGvfuu1m</a></p>&mdash; Anna Negron (@ItsAnnaNegron) <a href="">June 6, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Feel like we always get MSU/OSU/Indiana. Would be nice to play some other Big 10 teams every once in a while haha.

How have they not done Duke or UNC v Maryland in this thing yet. I mean come on.

Sidenote: Looks like UNC Commit Day'Ron Sharpe got upgraded to a 5 star.

Feel like we always get MSU/OSU/Indiana. Would be nice to play some other Big 10 teams every once in a while haha. .

I think that is in the best interest of everyone though, right?

UNC playing PSU or some other bottom feeder isn't really all that fun to watch. Same for MSU playing Pitt. Have to kind of line up the good teams with each other.

I always enjoy when we (IU) play the likes of Duke/UNC. We have a good history dating back to games with teams like yall. If you want a good game, teams like MSU, IU, OSU, even Michigan are the teams to play, playing anyone else just isnt an enjoyable game.

Back
Top Bottom