The College Basketball Post

^I can almost guarantee CA will be chanting like no other (or at least they should be).

I read on one of the boards that every time he touches the ball the crowd might just yell WE ARE ST JOHNS
laugh.gif
grin.gif

You goin JRS?

And on a side note:
Nets to Play At St. John's

Posted on Mar 5, 2009 2:55 pm
In advance of the team's move to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn in 2011, the Nets will play one of their preseason home games next season at St. John's.

The Nets will play the Philadelphia 76ers at Carnesecca Arena on Oct. 23.

"We appreciate the chance to host the Nets for a game at St. John's and to give our students an opportunity to see an NBA basketball game on campus," said Chris Monasch, St. John's Athletic Director. "While this is the Nets' first pre-season game at Carnesecca Arena, it should be noted that there are long-time connections between the team and our school - Louie Carnesecca, himself, is a former coach of both the Nets and St. John's."
Even though I hate the Nets like no other this is a good look for the campus arena.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

^I can almost guarantee CA will be chanting like no other (or at least they should be).

I read on one of the boards that every time he touches the ball the crowd might just yell WE ARE ST JOHNS
laugh.gif
grin.gif

You goin JRS?

And on a side note:
Nets to Play At St. John's

Posted on Mar 5, 2009 2:55 pm
In advance of the team's move to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn in 2011, the Nets will play one of their preseason home games next season at St. John's.

The Nets will play the Philadelphia 76ers at Carnesecca Arena on Oct. 23.

"We appreciate the chance to host the Nets for a game at St. John's and to give our students an opportunity to see an NBA basketball game on campus," said Chris Monasch, St. John's Athletic Director. "While this is the Nets' first pre-season game at Carnesecca Arena, it should be noted that there are long-time connections between the team and our school - Louie Carnesecca, himself, is a former coach of both the Nets and St. John's."
Even though I hate the Nets like no other this is a good look for the campus arena.

With LAnce this team could be pretty good next year, especially cause the Big East isn't going to be what it is this year.

If I got nothing else going on I might check it out. And since all my friends are leaving for Mexico it doesn't look like I'll have much going on
laugh.gif

That kinda exposure [Nets pplaying at Carnesca] is great. My only question is will there be a bigger crowd at Carnesca or the Izod Center
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

CA has been renovated but it's not really much of a difference. IMO they could have done alot more to improve it than what they did.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

laugh.gif

CA has been renovated but it's not really much of a difference. IMO they could have done alot more to improve it than what they did.
They're supposed to finish renovations this summer. Supposedly we'll be getting rid of that atrocious ceiling and Medieval PA system andit'll be replaced with rafters and hopefully an actual scoreboard. Knowing St. John's though, it'll still look/sound like crap.What really pissedme off about last year's renovations was the plastic red seat covers glued on to the bleachers, making them more uncomfortable than before.

Len Elmore sucks every year imo.

RANDOM NOTES: Adam Zagoria is reporting that Rutgers guard Corey Chandler is likely to transfer. … Rivals.com is reporting that John Wall will take an officialvisit to Baylor this weekend. Wall is Rivals.com's top-ranked player in the Class of 2009 and is also considering Memphis, Kansas, N.C. State and Duke.

Well Tennessee is clearly the more athletic team tonight.

They are so much taller than us.

especially cause the Big East isn't going to be what it is this year.
While searching for hope, I thought about this the other day, too.

Pitt looses a minimum of 3 starters, 4 if Blair goes pro.

Uconn....Adrien, Thabeet, Price, Austrie..

Louisville drops their best player, and maybe Clark, too. McGee is gone as well

Marquette..
laugh.gif

Providence..
roll.gif

ND - McAlarney, Ayers, Hillsland, Zeller.

Clark is gone. They honored him last night during senior night, gave him the framed jersey, video tribute, the whole nine. which is stupid itself bc it's"SENIOR Night." not, "my last game at Freedom Hall night."

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Clark is gone. They honored him last night during senior night, gave him the framed jersey, video tribute, the whole nine. which is stupid itself bc it's "SENIOR Night." not, "my last game at Freedom Hall night."

U fa real?
smh.gif

Good to hear
pimp.gif

And I wonder where Chandler will be going.

Rutgers
tired.gif

Efejuku is single handedly keeping Providence in the building. What the hell is up with Curry, and Brooks?

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Wow that's sad that they do that. Pretty much send the guy off.
smh.gif

Dashonte Riley
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Good get, needed more size obviously....wonder whose leaving or not coming, hoping Sean Williams

What a terrible night for South Carolina.

Outrebounded 50-20.

Tennessee wins by 20.

So much for the NCAA Tournament.

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Wow that's sad that they do that. Pretty much send the guy off.
smh.gif

Dashonte Riley
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Good get, needed more size obviously....wonder whose leaving or not coming, hoping Sean Williams
Yea the size is needed always. Seems like we always are missing the big center. The off-season will be interesting.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some guys transfer and if Flynn leaves. Even if no one does transfer then. I wouldn't be surprised if mid-season someonedid. Guys just won't get the minutes they want.

Nova's backcourt next season is gona approach the Lowry, Ray, Nardi, Foye days..

Scottie, Fisher, Stokes, Cheek, Wayans...
sick.gif

Mid Major Conference Tournaments get in full swing tomorrow
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom