The College Basketball Post

Harrow going to prove some of you doubters wrong.......
nthat.gif
At a different school...?

This Pitt/Michigan game should be fun tonight. Pitt only 2 point dogs, so Vegas knows it'll be tight.

Michigan St nearly **** the bed last night man. Boise St is tough though... didn't help them that their go to man Derrick Marks fouled out with like four to play.

States entire offense was giving the ball to Nix and letting him pass it back out... or letting Keith Appling iso. Not to mention they looked nervous as hell and awkward even trying to make an easy entry pass. They've got to figure out a more fluid offense if they want to make any type of noise this year when it comes to the tournament. Didn't help that Gary Harris went out early though.

What do you think of Minnesota, Allen or anybody else? Handily beating the bottom feeders (which was a problem for them last season)... beat a solid Richmond team at home despite letting them hang around too long (but that could be because they were looking towards their Duke game on Thanksgiving Day). Andre Hollins has looked solid, Austin Hollins composed, Mbakwe still rusty but he still grabbed 12 boards and posted 9 points versus Richmond.

I was just thinking...Let's say the ACC falls apart over the next couple years. What happens to Duke? Football moves everything now and Duke really offers nothing in that apartment especially if Cutliffe leaves somewhere else.

My point is, any chance the Big East could lure to them to be the face of a basketball centric-conference?

Won't the ACC just pluck off the remaining Big East F-Ball schools? I know academics are a hurdle with places like Cincinnati and Louisville joining but if the conference's future is at stake, academics take a back seat, I'm sure.

What could a basketball-only league get in the marketplace?

The assumption has long been that if the Big East's Catholic schools -- Marquette, DePaul, Providence, St. John's, Villanova, Seton Hall, Georgetown -- broke away, they'd raid the A-10 and form a Northeastern hoops super-conference. That plan always included schools like Xavier, Dayton, Creighton, Siena and Butler. But what's always kept this idea from gaining any momentum is that college basketball television ratings resemble those of late-night infomercials. The biggest regular season games can't touch the Liberty Bowl in ratings.

So what could help college hoops and, perhaps, prompt some Big East teams to take a longer look elsewhere?

There has been preliminary and very informal discussion about whether a national basketball-only league could be formed if the Big East dissolves, according to a television executive.
Specific teams have not been talked about, but the thought would be to create a power basketball league that spans the country -- think Georgetown to Gonzaga -- that could maximize visibility, profitability and exposure, though it may continue to pale in comparison to football. "I think there's been chatter about, 'Can that exist?'" said one television executive. "It's going to be hard to justify rights fees for the Big East putting Providence and Central Florida on. There has to be some sort of chatter: 'Is there anything out there better?'"

The executive added: "I think that would be attractive. It would be naive of me to say that no one has thought of that." Big East schools resisted adding San Diego State in basketball because of travel cost and a lack of desire to go that far. But could desperate times open up the door for a national hoops league?

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...Big-East-realignment/index.html#ixzz2Csw8LX6G

Huggy Bear signs extension with WVU, making something like $3million anually........:nthat:

The mock turtle neck business is safe for the forseeable future. Cheers to that.............

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: @ Huggy's black eye

What was that story from the pre-season where he was drunk at some conference

Last edited:
Cutcliffe signed an extension at Duke today. :pimp:

Harrow... I believe that Harrow has been sick. they say he's lost almost 10 pounds already. but not sure what to make of this, honestly. :smh:

mean.gif
delaware. lost the game when hagins went out with cramps, sucks. i was really hoping they would win this game.

saddler
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
lets go blue hens!!!

Last edited:
archie is my guy

and seeing Illinois reminded me of Jereme Richmond...sad story. Son needed one more year to get in the league

Harrow got caught something messin with those UK snow bunnies :nerd:

But damn, dude was tiny to begin with, now he lost all that weight? Smh hope dudes recovers man.

Cuse looking good early. MCW could avg 7-8 assist a night while southerland has improved a TON.

Harrow about to be lookin like Terry Schivo.  He looksl like a cupcakin simp tho he probably got mono kissing them bunnies in the mouth

Nawww Sean woods you took it to far tonight this ant the old days where you could get away with that bobby knight style crap

Back
Top Bottom