The College Basketball Post

I just never understood how the ACC never capitalized on the fact that its on the eastcoast and has some of the greatest tv territory?

I am amazed that Howland never showed a zone look. I mean, if you watched ANY film on Georgetown so far you would have.

Otto & Greg are a problem.

I don't like seeing GTown run that princeton offense.  It just looks sad seeing young athletic players in 2012 playing in that system. 

This might not make sense to some but G'Towns program has lost all is "swag" from the 90's.  They might as well be Butler

Maryland is saying we would rather sell out football games against Ohio State and Michigan than basketball games against Duke and Carolina. No one is knocking the basketball in the Big Ten and in the long run the bball team will be fine cause games against Michigan State and Indiana will still sell out. Maryland athletics are in Shambles and they need the money. They cut 7 teams cause of no money and they see that Indiana football made more money than Maryland basketball. So increased Pay out from the Big Ten network and increased pay out from the football team was the driving force. Plus i don't think maryland was happy how its a North Carolina centric conference and they are just an after thought.
They had already changed the rules to where we wouldnt play Duke or UNC every year, it's not like the old days with home-and-homes. We can still schedule them OOC anyhow.

The Big 10 is better than the ACC in basketball right now, and football-wise now we can at least play quality opponents. The ACC is considered a joke in football, playing in a bigtime conference will make it a lot easier to attract recruits.

Times have changed, the ACC is falling apart. FSU (who is also in the hole financially) and Clemson are next, best believe they'll be looking to cash out in a football conference as well. If you're Clemson and you see Maryland dip out of the ACC and cash out from a Big 10 contract, you telling me they wouldn't move to the SEC in a heartbeat right now? The ACC glory days are over, college football is where the money's at.

I learned my lesson about betting against Georgetown in the regular season a long time ago, they usually don't lay down like dogs until it's tournament time.

Holy **** this TAMU team might be worse than last year's. #FireBillyKennedy

I was going to ask for you to chime in. That is the most lifeless program in-game that I have EVER seen. NO emotion from coaches/players, it's like they're attending a funeral. I though it might have just been a one year thing last season due to coaching change and then his health but same stuff tonight. It is almost creepy how lifeless things look.

TEXAS GET THE **** OUT OF HERE
roll.gif

I was going to ask for you to chime in. That is the most lifeless program in-game that I have EVER seen. NO emotion from coaches/players, it's like they're attending a funeral. I though it might have just been a one year thing last season due to coaching change and then his health but same stuff tonight. It is almost creepy how lifeless things look.
It's pretty sad...

This program will probably never be anything better than a NCAA second round type program, but we're not even gonna sniff the CBI at any time under Billy.

I feel for the guy and his health issues, but like you said, he's lifeless on the sidelines. I could understand the lack of emotion, but he's not even coaching. When you consistently get beat by the pick and roll by a team that's not particularly athletic (and certainly not any more athletic than our team) that's on the coaching. I watched about 5 games last year. Tonight was the first game I've watched this year, and I only watched the first half.

At the end of the day, he's just not getting it done. Keep him in the program in some capacity so he can still get the healthcare he needs, but I don't want him on the sidelines at all.

I was never really a fan of Turgeon, but damn I'm yearning for those days now.

I'm hoping Hyman (the new AD) will make a move since Kennedy isn't one of his guys, but I doubt he will this soon. If he does and we go the cheap route again, I want Scott Cross from UT-Arlington. Might have to pony up a little more cash for James Dickey, but I wouldn't really mind him either. Dream candidate would be Buzz Williams, but I'm not sure if he'd leave Marquette or if TAMU would be willing to put up enough cash to lure him away. He has ties to TAMU, but I'm not sure if they're strong enough to help.

Howland is going to have to learn over the course of the season how to coach this team with a zone, his stubbornness is going to cost him his job if he can't go far in the tournament with this squad.

'14 Jae'Sean Tate to Ohio. Another guy I thought Michigan was going to get. Matta is cheating.

I'll post notes from the game a little later but I caught food poisoning last night so I got a bunch of tickets for tonight, will give anybody a very good price for the tickets if anyone is interested

'14 Jae'Sean Tate to Ohio. Another guy I thought Michigan was going to get. Matta is cheating.
LOL. He's an Ohio kid and I've seen rumblings of him headed to O$U for a while. Definitely doesn't mean Matta isn't cheating, though.

Notes from last night game:

IU
- Gonna be a ****** year if Crean doesn't find a rotation. Just played way too many guys. He needs to stop being afraid of guys *****ing sooner than later and just find a set rotation.
- Zeller...big no show. Not really worried though but we need to find a way for him to catch the ball in the low post and he needs to be more assertive.
- Hulls really played ****** for about 3/4 of the game, he's such a liability on D and really offers nothing but his three point shooting.
- Olapido, kid really played the best of anybody to me, seems a little more confident this year and there are few guys who can match his athleticism in the country.

UCLA
- Jordan Adams...that kid is a stud. Should have gotten several and1 calls last night to was really balling out there.
- Kyle Anderson, I just think its going to be a rough go for him in college and choosing UCLA certainly was not a smart choice. Just being misused, he's so slow and weak he just looked out of place against a G-Town squad who were big and physical with him. I know its three games into his college career but he just looked very outmatched.
- UCLA in general looked like they were in horrible condition. Bazz looked to have a little gut and was def. carrying some extra weight. Jordan Adams has a flabby *** body but don't know if that is just his build and Josh Smith is obviously Josh Smith.
- Just horrible coaching, poor execution. III took Howland to the woodshed.
- Wear twins are still ********

I heard that Texas and Gonzaga scrimmaged without Myck Kabongo and it was a blow out, apparently Kevin Pangos gave em that work. If Myck's not there im not watching a second of Rick Barnes clogged toilet offense.

Back
Top Bottom