The College Basketball Post

tumblr_mde239UyLL1r4e5zuo1_1280.jpg

- And speaking of Winslow and Okafor, there are a number of rumors that have been put into the realm of cyberspace regarding those two and Tyus Jones.  The basic summary is that the three players are potentially going to end their recruitments earlier than expected.  While nobody with any sort of credibility has been able to confirm these rumors, we have heard it from enough people to at least note it here.  

As a number of national recruiting types have noted on the premium forum, Duke is thought to be the team to beat for Tyus Jones, and it's well documented that Okafor and Winslow are very high on the Blue Devils and K as well.   And, remember, we told you back in November that Tubby Smith (the then Minnesota coach) wasn't shy about his opinion that Jones was Duke's while the teams were at the Battle for Atlantis tournament.  From a survey of sources, not much has changed there.  So, if Okafor and Winslow are serious about playing at the same school, it would appear that the logical conclusion is Duke.
Blue Devil Nation ‏@BlueDevilNation 6m

Tyus Jones 90% chance he will verbal with Jahlil Okafor to the same school and a Fall decision is likely.
"Like I said, I get why people wouldn't believe us," Okafor said. "But we're not worried about that. We're not sure where, but we know we'll be teammates."

To reemphasize the point, Okafor turned into a stickler before parting ways.

When reminded of the obvious, that it would be one of the biggest moves in recent history "if" it happened, Okafor quickly interjected, "Not 'if...' 'When."

http://socialhub.usatodayhss.com/social-hub/blogs/item/485-perfect-package
Chris Bunn (@ChrisBunn21)
7/12/13, 3:23 PM
Unconfirmed rumors are floating around that Jones/Okafor have all but decided on Duke and are looking to set up announcement date FWIW
Matta said it is “highly unlikely” that he will oversign by one player in 2014 in case a player leaves early. That means, then, that the Buckeyes are done pursuing highly rated point guard Tyus Jones of Apple Valley, Minn., despite the fact Jones and one of their top post targets, Jahlil Okafor of Chicago, plan to play together in college.

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/con.../big-men-are-scarce-in-buckeyes-pipeline.html

Woj tweeted
Jahlil Okafor has been called the most skilled high school center ever scouted by a well-regarded NBA executive with over 20 years of experience
Dude looked like a veteran during the U19 Worlds

Yea seriously, kid has a post game and great footwork. He knows how to use his body too, he's a throwback to when young bigs actually knew how to play basketball. Towns jr too but he's not as skilled as Jahlil IMO

Yeah it was refreshing to see someone that young, that refined. It was immediately noticeable and I hadn't even seen him play before that at all.

Jahlil is the turth, said it last year after watching the u17's anybody who didn't have number 1 in 2014 was buggin.

6'11 Sullinger. he's going to put a hurting on college basketball.

Him plus Tyus would be insane. :x

It was an automatic bucket him in the low post at the u19, like automatic, Canada had no chance especially with trey lyles out.

Last edited:
Woj tweeted

Dude looked like a veteran during the U19 Worlds

Yea seriously, kid has a post game and great footwork. He knows how to use his body too, he's a throwback to when young bigs actually knew how to play basketball. Towns jr too but he's not as skilled as Jahlil IMO

Yeah it was refreshing to see someone that young, that refined. It was immediately noticeable and I hadn't even seen him play before that at all.
Jahlil is the turth, said it last year after watching the u17's anybody who didn't have number 1 in 2014 was buggin.

6'11 Sullinger. he's going to put a hurting on college basketball.

Him plus Tyus would be insane. :x

It was an automatic bucket him in the low post at the u19, like automatic, Canada had no chance especially with trey lyles out.

brother-franklin-o.gif

Recruiting Buzz:  The word continues to strengthen that Duke has the inside track in this recruitment.  So much so that various power programs have indicated they are moving on to secondary targets due to the direction this one may be headed.  For what it's worth, Coach K was the first coach on the court every time Tyus and his team were warming up.  It was noticeable to everyone in the building in Georgia
Recruiting Buzz: Okafor and Jones continued to insist they will play together at the next level this weekend.  That's about the only thing they are saying of any weight.  Otherwise it's the typical recruitspeak of "everyone is the same".  Still, there's a growing buzz that Jones and Okafor are inching closer to a decision, and more and more people with their ears to the ground are beginning (or continuing) to favor Duke.
Recruiting Buzz: Indiana is thought to be the lead in this one, but Duke is considered to be a dark horse it appears.  The Blue Devils are working hard on Okonoboh to come in and be a center for several seasons.  The issue, of course, is that if they land Okafor, Jahlil will play as much as possible. And, remember, that Goodluck reclassified a year back already. 

Jahlil lost all that baby fat in a hurry.

Cake have you seen Charles Matthews yet? Apparently he's the next Chicago kid on K's radar and he'll be getting an offer

Nah but I just did some quick research... I'll definitely get to one of his games this year.

Side note... where the **** is Tyus' stache?!?!? :smh:

Pretty sure if Z-Bo and Amar'e could reproduce, the result would be Cliff.

Tyus/Okafor is the worst kept secret ever. Only suspense is Winslow deciding on Duke or Arizona.

Rashad Vaughn is hands down the best SG but after him I'd take D'Angelo Russell. That kid wins all the time.

Pretty sure if Z-Bo and Amar'e could reproduce, the result would be Cliff.

Tyus/Okafor is the worst kept secret ever. Only suspense is Winslow deciding on Duke or Arizona.

Rashad Vaughn is hands down the best SG but after him I'd take D'Angelo Russell. That kid wins all the time.

He looks like a SAVAGE!!! :x

Back
Top Bottom