The College Basketball Post

Pointing and yelling at students??? That isn't justifiable, no matter what.
I'm not saying he doesn't have class, I like Wright a lot, and think he's a pretty good guy, his post game quotes were classy...

but if that quote is true, ehh...I lose a little respect for him

Yeah, Richard Hendrix is having a GREAT year. 19 and 10, 2 blocks, 63% from the field... It's a shame he's wasting away in Tuscaloosa.

He wasn't yelling at students...

He was pointing at your boy from Gtown TELLING the refs that there was more contact on that then the foul that they actually called. Stop reading BS and justwatch what happened. Pointing at players, yelling at refs....get it?

After Sunday, Jason Thompson is the most impressive big man I've seen...regardless of whether he plays in the MAAC or not

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Yeah, Richard Hendrix is having a GREAT year. 19 and 10, 2 blocks, 63% from the field... It's a shame he's wasting away in Tuscaloosa.

He's got a 5-star guy and two 4-stars coming next year to help.. that'll at least send him out a little better, I'd think.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

He's got a 5-star guy and two 4-stars coming next year to help.. that'll at least send him out a little better, I'd think.
You think he'll be there next year?

No...

It's a topic about post game he was restrained from STUDENTS...not players or refs

-... what the hell happened at the conclusion of the game to make this supposed adult take a run at our students? I turned around and the next thing I sawacross the tunnel is a man in full froth ready to rip someone's head off. He was bein physically restrained from charging the student section by his staffand Verizon staff. Anyone have details?

-I just asked the same thing in the postgame thread. I didn't see anything thrown but all the people I knew near Jay's "target" had no ideawhat happened. The thing is, he was halfway in the tunnel and then all of a sudden he's got four guys restraining him. Crazy

-It was insane I was right in the section that he was charging at, I didn't see what caused it but suddenly he was charging right back at me and wasrestrained. I hope somethign wasn't thrown, because that would not be cool.

-Just for comparisons sake, this was much more crazy than Calhoun standing and yelling at the student section for a few seconds. Wright ran at the students,pointing, and yelling and had to be restrained by several people while his players sort of stood there and stared.

-I have a blurry photo I quick-snapped with a dying camera at the end of the incident. Said camera is currently dead, so we'll see how that developstomorrow.

Now they could all be lying, but based on reputation, most likely, they're not.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

BS

Point is...he is a classy guy, but an action like that if occurred, doesn't show it.

Anyway, onto Saturday up at the dome

Please explain to me how there is a problem with our program?
roy's ratio of 5 star recruits to big game victories doesn't add up... and it never will.

We've won and will continue to win our share of big games with Roy so that is of no concern to me. He's no Dean Smith, but I like my chances withhim for the rest of his career, he's not going anywhere.

i may be a homer, but DJ Augustin wasn't getting no respect from the refs. I'm starting to see his calls dwindle more and more. Granted as he getsscouted people will figure out how not to allow a short guard draw a foul, but they got to protect this man driving to the lane regardless. It's makinghim look worse that what he is, and he is actually a good finisher

i think the dynamic of the team is hurtin him a bit tho. barnes runs a reallllly basic offense and alot of times they just want DJ to isolate and score. ithink that makes him a score first PG when he would be best suited as a pass first add the drive to your game type of PG

and im calling it right now....Augustin's NBA ceiling will be like .75 of a tier under Chris Paul's....if that make sense to anybody
laugh.gif

Don't forget Ronald Steele.. preseason all-american from 2007... sat out this year recovering from surgeries to both knees... but will be coming backnext season for his senior year.. he had a great season in 2006... i hope he comes back strong and plays to his ability...his younger brother isactually one of the 4 star recruits going to Alabama next season
hard to say if Hendrix will be back next season... he's a sound player with goodfootwork, a strong rebounder and can score on the block... not too sure how much he can gain coming back... almost 20 and 10 w/ 63% shooting... that's flatout dominant... my guess is he could probably go in the late 1st round... a little undersized at 6'8" but EB at 6'8" has been a 20-10 guy inthe league over his career...
his choice at the end of the day... ronald steele and hendrix would make a good inside-out combo next season though..

im calling it right now....Augustin's NBA ceiling will be like .75 of a tier under Chris Paul's....if that make sense to anybody
i don't really know what that means, but do you think he's better than Ford? cause i don't...

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

im calling it right now....Augustin's NBA ceiling will be like .75 of a tier under Chris Paul's....if that make sense to anybody
i don't really know what that means, but do you think he's better than Ford? cause i don't...

See they really are two different types of players. It was natural for TJ to distribute and then get his when we needed a score. DJ is more of ascorer imo. If you ask me who is the better PG it's TJ hands down. If you ask me who is the better scorer/player. For me it depends on the night andwhat I need. I loved TJ in burnt orange. He's like our Jeses Shuttlesworth. Can do no wrong
laugh.gif
. When DJ carries us to the Final Four I may give himthe nod, until then. I'm w/ Ford.
(Yeah I know, who asked me
laugh.gif
)

I'm with you Holiday. It seems like our only losses in Big XII play come when the opponent's role players play out their @sses. Oh well...it was a goodgame between the two best teams in the Big XII.

well, I feel like Paul is better than TJ Ford, so me saying I think he'll reach a tier very slightly lower than Paul's ceiling isbasically saying I feel like he will project to be better in the NBA if he's in the right situation and has the right coaching. TJ Ford was hands down abetter college player though and I actually think he's a great pro but can't reach a level where he's SLIGHTLY better than the best Paul canbe....if that makes any sense.

i think when Aug realizes that he can play pass first and let his offense come to him it will make his game ALOT better, because he can get a step on basicallyanybody with his footwork and ball handling alone.....but in the NBA that needs to lead to penetrate and drop a dime instead of penetrate and try to draw afoul every play at 5'11". oh and his shot is slightly better than Paul's. he just makes it so hard for himself by taking difficult shots

glad he was sick and couldn't play when we played them.

smh.gif

SMH @ me.....

I got off work @ 7....and went straight to sleep.....and missed all the games...

frown.gif
frown.gif
Missed my opportunity to Hype up allen's boy Shooty Reynolds....

and I missed DJ and AJ....

What did Sherron do last night???

Back
Top Bottom