The College Basketball Post

Wayne I Make It Rain Ellington is a great shooting guard. That shot was cooooold. Good win for the Heels. Clemsons got my respect this year for sure.

Wayne%%!#%%%%%@+@@* Ellington
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Good#!%% game.

Wayne got it done. I was mad when Green fouled dude, but Wayne came through.

Do yall UNC fans worry about this year again not having a slasher that can get to the rim?

Rashad was that guy for the title run, but these past 2 years...that player isn't around, imo.

Wow UNC. Great comeback!

You guys are looking good. Once you get in a little bit of a groove. With all your players playing well. I think there may be only 1 team that can contend withyou, Memphis.

Ellington was
pimp.gif
tonight.

I think Kansas would beat UNC pretty soundly...at least right now

KU will play D and can play in the halfcourt,

and that frontcourt would give Hansbrough fits

UNC/Memphis would be just a trackmeet

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I think Kansas would beat UNC pretty soundly...at least right now

KU will play D and can play in the halfcourt,

and that frontcourt would give Hansbrough fits

UNC/Memphis would be just a trackmeet

Yea right now i think KU would win. But i really think the NC is going to improve more.

Allen, i know you saw what Memphis can do. They got a big enough front court to stay with Kansas. I would say those 3 are really good.

I say Memphis is #1 from what I've seen and not just against us. When they hit perimiter shots nobody will beat them

And with them, the thought is that they are not disciplined and that couldn't be further from the truth.

They are one of the most disciplined teams in the country, their system just doesn't appear to be at a glance

And I love Rose as a point guard, very unselfish.

Dre,

I watched some of that and Cornell isn't that bad, they beat Siena eariler (who I still like a lot)...but it was closer than it shoulda been

Wheres Cam at?

Pitt is DONE, LMAO....that was karma for Fields gettin off without a suspension from earlier

but it is a shame because they were better than what they were last year without Gray and with Blair

Great shot by Ellington, but how could Clemson leave him that open? I know that Ellington's guy was going for the steal but he should've played it safeand not have gone for the steal because it was a risk and it ended up costing him.

Dre,

I watched some of that and Cornell isn't that bad, they beat Siena eariler (who I still like a lot)...but it was closer than it shoulda been
Yeah....They seem like they were pretty good....But it was too close for comfort....

And for some reason, Taylor King got 0 burn......Looks like he's in Coach K's doghouse (for the time being)

And co-sign on the fact that Collison, Lawson, and Hibbert should have left....

You gotta go before the holes in your game get exposed...ESP when your stack is as high as theirs was....

Cornell is the best Ivy. Wittman and Dale the 2 Sophs are real good. All of the best players will be back next season too...they are already a decent squad,they could actually be somewhat legit next year.

I like them,

I know a lot of people don't like Sendek that much, but he wins (maybe not more than sweet 16's, if that) but nonetheless, he wins

I like Pendergraph a lot too, Harden is real good.

Illinios smacked them in Maui but since then they've been really good

They're PAC 10 schedule is lookin very tough so we'll see.

This year probably an NIT team.

theres not one remotely close to being good game tmrw, some decent conference action tuesday

Wayne
pimp.gif
eek.gif
glasses.gif
!

Kudos to Clemson for playing an extremely solid game, but in the end my Heels came out with the W.

UNC isn't as good as Kansas, or Memphis
we'll see about that. Kansas perennially chokes, so i'm not too worried about facing them come March. make it past the Sweet 16, like theyshould've the past 5 years or so, and then they can talk.
Memphis on the other hand, is pretty much hands down the most talented team in the country, but i think we can hang with anybody. the ACC will have thembattle-tested for sure. we definitely need Ellington to step up like he did tonight in big game situations, because he's gotta be the Reyshawn Terry ofthis squad for us. if he can hit, we can beat anybody in the country.

The thing with that, Roy Williams is part of Kansas always choking

and I'm still waitin for him to win with his own guys...not that that title isn't his, it definitely is. But still, I don't think he's a GREATcoach in March/April

I'd take him over Self and Cal though

Ellington def is the key, if he hit anything against us, yall probably woulda made it to the title game

The thing with that, Roy Williams is part of Kansas always choking

and I'm still waitin for him to win with his own guys...not that that title isn't his, it definitely is. But still, I don't think he's a GREAT coach in March/April

I'd take him over Self and Cal though
eek.gif

Me and my barber was JUST having this exact discussion on Friday in the shop....I give Roy credit for winning the chip...But those were Matt Doherty'sboys...

Anyone else think that the A-10 will get at least as many bids as the SEC this year? We're not looking good.

Ya and I think it gets lost because of how respected Roy is (which is deserved)

and not at all saying Doherty coulda even coached them into the Elite 8 or even Sweet 16

But, That was a special group with a great PG, slasher, and big man with a great supporting cast...and he just let em play
I didn't think the Illinois game should have been that close, (but Weber is probably better in game coach and X and O's) the Nova game definitelyshouldn't have been...

The good thing with Roy, is he's always in control, consistent, and they always play hard and they play the same, every single game. And that year theirtalent was so much greater

Even last year, JT3 coached circles around him in the 2nd half and OT

Don't get me wrong, he's a great coach, but still hasn't got it done with 'his guys'....and his half court X's and O's are not thatgood.

I definitely think he will win another at some point though

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

Anyone else think that the A-10 will get at least as many bids as the SEC this year? We're not looking good.

Can't see the a-10 getting more than 4 bids, but that seems like a stretch to me in some ways - they have 4 teams in the RPI top 20 right now... sec asof today would get ole miss, tenn, and vandy in... and that's it
laugh.gif

BUT - florida, arkansas, and bama all look to have a shot at still getting in..and your MSU boys still have an outside shot too.. But all these teams have to make some real noise in conference play (i'm talking 10 wins).

a-10 teams RPI's will go down majorly with losses, and SEC teams can vastly improve their RPI's still so it's an early projection.. on 12/17/07,Lunardi project 3 a-10 teams and 4 SEC teams to get births... i'd be interested in seeing how that's changed since then.

I'm gonna say Ole Miss doesn't make the tourney.

The A10 will probably get 3 in, Umass maybe could make it 4.

the SEC will probably get 4 in, maybe 5.

Back
Top Bottom