The Combat Jack Show Thread

i know humans are a petty bunch but i don’t really see why vlad would hold a bitter grudge against tyrese because he turned down an interview 😂😂😂 maybe i’m missing something tho 🤷🏿‍♂️

It’s Vlad’s narcissism. That is what you’re missing.

Idk how, you don’t know that is a “thing” with him :lol:. Even his own fans call him out on it. It’s really that simple. And Vlad is seemingly that petty.

He went on to say, “Tyrese is only known for playing Jodie in Baby Boy”….

Then he went on to talk about how Tyrese is “STUCK” in the Jodie role.

You know that is just dumb, and petty for no reason.

that said, it isn’t a good look, but that is the lane him a boosie have seemed to develop; vlad brings up some topic sometimes involving a person of interest and boosie waxes hood philosophical on it…it is all very informal, it isn’t really bonafide ‘journalism’ where stuff is fact checked, it’s the type of convo most people have amongst those who they familiar, ripe with speculations, outright slander, jokes, misinformation and opinion.

however, hearing tyrese’s criticism(s) about what was said in the interview, of vlad, & of his platform generally, is kinda asinine…but simply on the strength that vlad is an outsider by dint of him being a white and russian, regardless of his time & affiliation in & around the culture, it gets traction because he is a non black person speaking on ‘black culture.’

while it is probably fair to say that vlad himself asks questions both in a manner & of the sort that someone who is ‘natively’ “of the culture” would not, and is able to profit from it…that it should make him anything other than a capitalist is kinda wild to me…to the point that seems to be over a lot of heads here, what does that make those that share our phenotype who do the same? are they also ‘culture vultures?’

is cognitive dissonance always an impeachable offense???

I can’t agree that Vlad ain’t know what he was doing. He do that a lot, he’ll have beef with someone and then try to get his guests to pile on and laugh…So fair enough if Tyrese catches him and gives him the Rick Ross special lol.

But the end of your post is spot on. we’d call Tyrese sensitive for doing what he doing to Vlad to Joe Budden for example who routinely goes harder than what Vlad just did :lol:

We only have a problem with certain **** when it’s a non black doing it. Which some ****** would argue isn’t a problem. Maybe it isn’t and that’s just the protocol.

I can’t agree that Vlad ain’t know what he was doing. He do that a lot, he’ll have beef with someone and then try to get his guests to pile on and laugh…So fair enough if Tyrese catches him and gives him the Rick Ross special lol.

But the end of your post is spot on. we’d call Tyrese sensitive for doing what he doing to Vlad to Joe Budden for example who routinely goes harder than what Vlad just did :lol:

We only have a problem with certain **** when it’s a non black doing it. Which some ****** would argue isn’t a problem. Maybe it isn’t and that’s just the protocol.

:stoneface:

Yeah, because people don't have a problem with Ak

Keep it up

calvin-candie-django-unchained.gif

:stoneface:

Yeah, because people don't have a problem with Ak

Keep it up

Is that because he’s a “culture vulture” or because he’s visibly a lame who talks crazy from his mom basement? If Ak was a regular ***** who seemed like he wasn’t a dork and did everything he did I don’t think people would have a problem. It’s not plenty of black gossip/shade/reaction type platforms that we generally don’t get upset about is what you and your tired *** Django GIF is saying? :lol:

Is that because he’s a “culture vulture” or because he’s visibly a lame who talks crazy from his mom basement? If Ak was a regular ***** who seemed like he wasn’t a dork and did everything he did I don’t think people would have a problem

No, people have brought up Ak with the immigrant parents from the burbs of Jersey and the person who didn't even listen to rap for most of his life was also culture vulture :stoneface:

No, people have brought up Ak with the immigrant parents from the burbs of Jersey and the person who didn't even listen to rap for most of his life was also culture vulture :stoneface:

You have to be pretty deep into his lore to know he has immigrant parents or didn’t listen to rap coming up. Lemme find out you a chat ***** :lol:👀

The point being that most people who don’t like Ak don’t know any of that extra **** :lol: they not watching Ak interviews to find all of that out like you seemingly are. To most of his detractors he’s just a fat nerd in a basement calling out rappers and posting everyone’s drama with spicy captions. If he carried himself like Taxstone or Star ****** would think he’s funny lol

You have to be pretty deep into his lore to know he has immigrant parents or didn’t listen to rap coming up. Lemme find out you a chat ***** :lol:👀

The point being that most people who don’t like Ak don’t know any of that extra **** :lol: they not watching Ak interviews to find all of that out like you seemingly are. To most of his detractors he’s just a fat nerd in a basement calling out rappers and posting everyone’s drama with spicy captions. If he carried himself like Taxstone ****** would think he’s funny lol

No, I just remember conversations from this very thread.

Keep it up, be a good boy

You do realize, I've criticized Tax in this very thread about how he used to act and the crap about hating bullies and trolling.

Remember who used to get on people for that Free Tax bull****?

and those gossip sites and IG sites get plenty of complaints leveled at them.

You must not be very in touch with what's actually going on with black people, because you're grasping at straws trying to reach for excuses.

You do realize, I've criticized Tax in this very thread about how he used to act and the crap about hating bullies and trolling.

1686254381062.gif

The general audience thought dude was funny or at the least you can concede he was received differently than Akademiks lol

Remember who used to get on people for that Free Tax bull****?

No

and those gossip sites and IG sites get plenty of complaints leveled at them.

From who? The black folks that are also largest demographic that consumes that type of content? :lol:

You must not be very in touch with what's actually going on with black people, because you're grasping at straws trying to reach for excuses.

:lol: @ an convo like this about something dumb like IG gossip pages being “in touch with what actually going on with black people”

Y’all be dead serious too. :lol: Really on some Martin and Malcolm **** over rap interviews and urban gossip pages :lol:

it might have seemed personal, and it very well could be, not going to try to play psychoanalyst on the intent of a benign story in the realm of popular culture related to a celebrity, just because the celebrity feels a way…it is open to interpretation whether there is malicious intent but because there already is this connotation around vlad & the optics of him, a white russian jew, laughing while relaying it, he is not going to get the benefit of doubt…

i know humans are a petty bunch but i don’t really see why vlad would hold a bitter grudge against tyrese because he turned down an interview 😂😂😂 maybe i’m missing something tho 🤷🏿‍♂️

Why would Vlad lie on Minister Farrakhan then refuse to own up to it?

Why would he instigate situations?

Ak been called out plenty of times for his sucka ****. Matter fact he probably catch worse than Vlad. :lol:

Why would Vlad lie on Minister Farrakhan then refuse to own up to it?

Why would he instigate situations?

not gonna hold you, i heard godfrey the comedian talk about it but i didn’t really get into what vlad said about the minister, but a lot of people have misconceptions about the minister, even when presented with evidence to the contrary…and a believe vlad is jewish so he might have reason not to want to be impartial 🤷🏿‍♂️

i don’t know of things vlad has instigated? i only watch the interviews that are interesting to me

1686254381062.gif

The general audience thought dude was funny or at the least you can concede he was received differently than Akademiks lol

No

From who? The black folks that are also largest demographic that consumes that type of content? :lol:

:lol: @ an convo like this about something dumb like IG gossip pages being “in touch with what actually going on with black people”

Y’all be dead serious too. :lol: Really on some Martin and Malcolm **** over rap interviews and urban gossip pages :lol:

At this point I'm not sure what the debate is. You said black people only have a problem with certain things when it's from non black people. DJ Ak, CTG, Tax to some degree Gillie all have and get criticized for clown ****. On top of that _'s will go harder at another _ than a white dude. That's a fact.

I don't get this defense of Vlad. People that personally knew him Lord Jamar, Goodfrey, Mysonne all pointed this out. :lol:

You can be a subscriber of Vlad and still be critical. All of this "but look over there at such and such..." Just looks weird.

It’s Vlad’s narcissism. That is what you’re missing.

Idk how, you don’t know that is a “thing” with him :lol:. Even his own fans call him out on it. It’s really that simple. And Vlad is seemingly that petty.

He went on to say, “Tyrese is only known for playing Jodie in Baby Boy”….

Then he went on to talk about how Tyrese is “STUCK” in the Jodie role.

You know that is just dumb, and petty for no reason.
Vlad has been randomly bringing up Tyrese's name in his last few interviews for no reason at all. It's clear he is upset that Tyrese spurned his invites for an interview.

not gonna hold you, i heard godfrey the comedian talk about it but i didn’t really get into what vlad said about the minister, but a lot of people have misconceptions about the minister, even when presented with evidence to the contrary…and a believe vlad is jewish so he might have reason not to want to be impartial 🤷🏿‍♂️

i don’t know of things vlad has instigated? i only watch the interviews that are interesting to me

I don't care if vlad is jewish or not he told a flat out lie. If he don't rock with the Minister don't bring him up.

The clip wavycrocket wavycrocket posted with him bringing up Tyrese to Boosie is clear instigating. :lol:

This is another example

The people that go on his channel say this type of **** to his face. It's ok to be a fan and be critical.

At this point I'm not sure what the debate is. You said black people only have a problem with certain things when it's from non black people. DJ Ak, CTG, Tax to some degree Gillie all have and get criticized for clown ****. On top of that _'s will go harder at another _ than a white dude. That's a fact.

I don't get this defense of Vlad. People that personally knew him Lord Jamar, Goodfrey, Mysonne all pointed this out. :lol:

You can be a subscriber of Vlad and still be critical. All of this "but look over there at such and such..." Just looks weird.

I don't care if vlad is jewish or not he told a flat out lie. If he don't rock with the Minister don't bring him up.

The clip wavycrocket wavycrocket posted with him bringing up Tyrese to Boosie is clear instigating. :lol:

This is another example

The people that go on his channel say this type of **** to his face. It's ok to be a fan and be critical.

😂 y’all got it, vlad may very well be an instigator & very petty person who uses his platform as an opportunity to purposely put down those with whom he has problems with & he could being supah dupah disingenuous about being so, and explicitly picking their stories out of the hip-hop/popular culture news cycles to mock them…these are perfectly valid reasons not to mess with him or his content, but then keep that same energy across the board please 😂🫡

i can’t lie & say i haven’t been duped by the clickbait titles every so often, but, at least for the things i have enjoyed from his interviews, are those informal convos with people who seem to relatively knowledgeable but not necessarily widely known.

for the record, i’m not out to defend vladimir in particular like that, i’m just sincerely trying to understand the vitriol & thought process of folks who seriously think he is in cahoots with the feds 🤣🤣🤣 or that he is ‘taking advantage’ of black folk with his content? like dude asks very basic, obvious questions 😂, while his being outsider to hip hop as an immigrant white russian jew likely definitely informs his thought process & values or even that he is a ‘petty instigator,’ why this makes him a ‘culture vulture’ is beyond me…but y’all seem to know & see things i don’t

If you don’t see how a white dude asking folks (mostly black) that he has little to no connections with to deep dive into crimes and negative things can look suspect, then you wasting your time writing all those paragraphs trying to understand anything :lol:

And once again the ppl don’t have to answer but some of the questions never have to be asked in the 1st place

If you don’t see how a white dude asking folks (mostly black) that he has little to no connections with to deep dive into crimes and negative things can look suspect, then you wasting your time writing all those paragraphs trying to understand anything :lol:

And once again the ppl don’t have to answer but some of the questions never have to be asked in the 1st place

so is it the lack of shared phenotype or the lack of connection? both? are either of these even necessary components of conducting an (good) interview? in fact many enlightening/good/interesting convos are a result of coming from different the perspectives & not having these unspoken ‘rules,’ for lack of a better term, for where the discourse can go…that vlad asks folk that themselves have already explicitly & openly admitted to criminal activity is exposing something by actually asking about those things or is problematic because he is white & or doesn’t have connection to, or engaging in negativity, are interesting qualifiers…given the landscape

Shawn Perez that's been on Vlad a lot lately is a way better interviewer than Vlad. When he does his interviews it's not awkward, he don't ask goofy questions, even if he's talking about some street stuff he knows how to phrase it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom