The Combat Jack Show Thread

Flip is corny and derivative, he needs Joe and his people more than vice versa. I didn't even know he was on that clown **** outside of the flip da script interviews.

I’m use to flip cause I was heavy into battle rap so i just got use to his on camera personality

he cool at times when everybody tip toe’ing around the point and he pushes the convo forward then there’s times he on some caveman ish

I’m super cozy on the roasting cause he’s never been funny to me, entertaining at times but never funny

Flip isn't as necessary as he thinks he is and I like him more than most people.

No lie, the last episode where he wasn't there, I legit didn't realize that he wasn't there until I was about a hour and 33 minutes into the pod (I usually don't watch video)

Last edited:
Son will smokin smiley anything. Hiding money from someone you do business with is obviously not the way to go. If we talk about it, sure.

Good topic
Joe and Ish :pimp:

That money on top is a common practice in the music business. It's a lot of bad business that's normalized.

and Ish being involved in construction you know you're supposed to say you'll do it for $20,000 knowing it really only cost $10,000.

The "friends" part a applies to Math :lol:

WE SPOKE TO MIGHTY BOLTON, FOUNDER OF THE ART OF DIALOGUE YOUTUBE CHANNEL, ABOUT DOCUMENTING THE LIFE AND CAREER OF 2PAC AND WHAT IT'S LIKE ARCHIVING HIP-HOP HISTORY.​

1696435855316.png

Was talking about this in the rap thread, but relevant here. Good looking out Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius

Art of Dialogue response in the comments. Vlad is a wild narcissist man :lol: 🤦🏾‍♂️

IMG_3019.jpeg

Was talking about this in the rap thread, but relevant here. Good looking out Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius

Art of Dialogue response in the comments. Vlad is a wild narcissist man :lol: 🤦🏾‍♂️

IMG_3019.jpeg

1696452114386.jpeg

Saw this ad a few days ago and thought they definitely going for the Vlad aesthetic :lol: This is masterclass not AOD but that font and backdrop style definitely a thing lol

I get why he’d do it and I’m sure it get him a lot of clicks but he definitely go for that look lol. This was a mature response though

the youngins in ny getting flip outta here

I’m not a skit guy by any means but this dude is consistently funny

the youngins in ny getting flip outta here

I’m not a skit guy by any means but this dude is consistently funny

These skit dudes have limited popularity.

I think it's a niche fanbase in the first place, because it's so many people doing and diluting it. It's not like the vine days.

wavycrocket wavycrocket a blinkin a blinkin

@ 1:05:00 mark even Zaytiggy thought future was gabbich initially. Just like we argued during that 2015-2017 era.

When he actually stopped dumbing himself down and actually started being lyrical.

Y’all boys was acting like I was the only one who noticed he was terrible early on. Y’all heard it from the horses mouth in Zaytoven. He saved his own career when he actually stopped being remedial.

Zaytoven was taking Future’s verses off of songs gat damn :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl:

numbah1grimey numbah1grimey vindicated after all these years!!!

My guy in Username Heaven somewhere smiling from ear to ear! RIP

it took 5-6 long years for him to be exonerated by one ZAYTOVEN… isn’t it ironic? :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

“He called me when he did Dirty Sprite and said Zay, I want you to hear this”, “I was like mannnnnn, I don’t even want to hear that junk…. But when it took off”

Hallelujah! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I knew I wasn’t the only one. And being that it was Zaytoven who felt that way too, makes it all the more satisfying:pimp:

Last edited:
wavycrocket wavycrocket a blinkin a blinkin

@ 1:05:00 mark even Zaytiggy thought future was gabbich initially. Just like we argued during that 2015-2017 era.

When he actually stopped dumbing himself down and actually started being lyrical.

Y’all boys was acting like I was the only one who noticed he was terrible early on. Y’all heard it from the horses mouth in Zaytoven. He saved his own career when he actually stopped being remedial.

Zaytoven was taking Future’s verses off of songs gat damn :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl:

it took 5-6 long years for him to be exonerated by one ZAYTOVEN… isn’t it ironic? :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

“He called me when he did Dirty Sprite and said Zay, I want you to hear this”, “I was like mannnnnn, I don’t even want to hear that junk…. But when it took off”

I knew I wasn’t the only one. And being that it was Zaytoven who felt that way too, makes it all the more satisfying:pimp:

Bruh….

Imma just keep it short. But none of this is surprising from a producer, given his background in church music/classical music.

Everybody is wack to somebody initially. They make great music to this day, and he’s obviously grown to appreciate and understand it. That’s how it works. What’s the issue?

Username vindication? :rofl:

Enjoy your Thursday mane :lol:

Zay didn’t even want to produce the whole beast mode album and was just real iffy on bruh. I’m just saying. But in all seriousness that’s crazy to me.

Let’s be serious for a moment. He started talking about the Beast Mode album at the 1:06:00 or 1:07:00 mark.

I’m really quite shocked honestly. I’m really quite surprised that Zay felt that way because really and truly, OJ the Juiceman and Gucci were very average/mediocre too initially but he lovesssss them. I’m shocked he doubted Future more than anything.

Zay didn’t even want to produce the whole beast mode album and was just real iffy on bruh. I’m just saying. But in all seriousness that’s crazy to me.

Let’s be serious for a moment. He started talking about the Beast Mode album at the 1:06:00 or 1:07:00 mark.

I’m really quite shocked honestly. I’m really quite surprised that Zay felt that way because really and truly, OJ the Juiceman and Gucci were very average/mediocre too initially but he lovesssss them. I’m shocked he doubted Future more than anything.

Listen to the 32 minute mark. He talks about that with Gucci too.

A lot of great art/music is completely random. And that’s the beauty of it, when creating. Zay even talks about his own “wack beats” taking off. Or Gucci appreciating it, when he didn’t. Or Zay not even really taking being a producer seriously, and it blowing up.

That’s hard

This interview is fire btw. Whole podcast is great. Didn’t know Zay was a hooper, and hooped to OJ Simpson school :lol:.

2010-12 Future was hit or miss to me. I ain't really **** with Future until 2013-14. The Movie was the first whole tape I rocked with. I even liked Honest, showed he was versatile. Once Monster dropped it was a wrap. When he that run with Monster, Beastmode, 56 Nights, Dirty Sprite 2, he had fully mastered his style.

Dis _ feeling like Snoop right now

1696519280456.png

Back
Top Bottom