The Combat Jack Show Thread

Saw that clip and just laughed, because Yachty clearly has no idea what it means to be an emcee. Dude talking about Drake bringing energy to the song, and that’s what made it what it was. Fam… Cole rapping his *** off is what made that song what it was.

Drake went there to play around with lines about how many Nadines are in his phone. Cole went there to rap. Joe’s critique on that song was spot on.

Yachty’s speaking from that younger generation’s perspective (rightfully so, he’s young), which Drake has tried to appease over the last few years.

But Cole was talking about his generation, which Drake is a part of. People in that class (Wale, Kendrick, Cole, Sean, Drake) came up with the focus being on how well they rapped. Very different from what Yachty’s generation focuses on.

Last edited:
Saw that clip and just laughed, because Yachty clearly has no idea what it means to be an emcee. Dude talking about Drake brought energy to the song that made it what it was. Fam… Cole rapping his *** off is what made that song what it was.

Drake went there to play around with lines about how many Nadines are in his phone. Cole went there to rap. Joe’s critique on that song was spot on.

Yachty’s speaking from that younger generation’s perspective (rightfully so, he’s young), which Drake has tried to appease over the last few years.

But Cole was talking about his generation, which Drake is a part of. People in that class (Wale, Kendrick, Cole, Sean, Drake) came up with the focus being on how well they rapped. Very different from what Yachty’s generation focuses on.

The way yachty speaks and opines basically sums up “that” crowd. They care about production only. Dude said “energy” like dawg, this ain’t house music or punk rock or grunge music :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since fans haven’t cared about lyricism in the past 10 years, especially younger folks is the reason hip hop is how it is now.

Like you said J.Cole is 38 and from the “era” of lyrics matter. Yachty looked clueless :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gen-Z and most millennials don’t even understand emceeing/MC means “master of ceremony”. They don’t understand that rap is a sport and that it’s about competing

Last edited:
Saw that clip and just laughed, because Yachty clearly has no idea what it means to be an emcee. Dude talking about Drake brought energy to the song is what made it what it was. Fam… Cole rapping his *** off is what made that song what it was.

That ***** Yachty is beyond annoying. The Drake d-riding is beyond OD

Funny because Cole doesn’t really do features on his albums. :lol:

“N****s ain’t worthy to be on my s***”

I remember hearing that bar and laughing at other rappers who get on interviews, or do performances with him and say things like “this is my brother.”

N****… he was talking about all y’all! :lol:

It’s like the lightbulb hasn’t clicked for them that they haven’t been featured on a J Cole album. :lol:

Last edited:
Ish said Bol Bol is better than Wemby. Lord.

I tried to block that out of my memory.

His sports takes are as dumb as Mal's.

As if Bol Bol hasn't been on multiple teams to showcase himself. People can't seem to differentiate that doing something against cones in drills is a lot different from games.

Think this one was worse than any of Mal's

I know that won't be the last we here of that take :lol:

Then Ish was tryna say cuz Bol Bol dark skin the league don't wanna promote him :lol:

🤣🤣🤣 it is a bit strange to see the exhaltation of this kid when bol bol &even prozingawd were very close precursors...the thing with bol bol is as 2nd rnd pick, even w/his potential, he's not in a position to where the teams he's been on have needed him to succeed (which may be compounded by a supposedly questionable work ethic), and gave him pt like they were invested in seeing that success...i definitely think victor w is more fluid and looks a bit more confident in his actions on the floor but they are pretty comparable i think

🤣🤣🤣 it is a bit strange to see the exhaltation of this kid when bol bol &even prozingawd were very close precursors...the thing with bol bol is as 2nd rnd pick, even w/his potential, he's not in a position to where the teams he's been on have needed him to succeed (which may be compounded by a supposedly questionable work ethic), and gave him pt like they were invested in seeing that success...i definitely think victor w is more fluid and looks a bit more confident in his actions on the floor but they are pretty comparable i think

They about as comparable as Darius Miles was to KG. It's unfortunate cuz Bol Bol ain't ask for this but because people wanna have hot takes now we gotta critique his game.

They about as comparable as Darius Miles was to KG. It's unfortunate cuz Bol Bol ain't ask for this but because people wanna have hot takes now we gotta critique his game.

there's a version of both players (d.miles & ticket) where they were comps; obviously their careers diverged from that...i don't see how it's unfortunate tho, bol & vic are close enough (as crazy tall, skilled, serviceable handle, comfortable on the perimeter, can shoot off the dribble, light, lanky) such that comparison is not crazy...i guess it can be seen as unfair given their different circumstances...but that's the game 🤷🏿‍♂️

vic is going to start his career having a relative green light as far as a primary option doing him on court, the spurs are cool to experiment w/him positionally at this point, because they aren't many expectations for that team currently, whereas every team bol has been on there were better players in front of him and/or the team wanted a very specific role for him to fill as a best case tertiary option...and it seems to be the case that he's gotten the rep (true or not) of not being a worker, i hope he gets a legit shot to display his skill tho because it is cool to see

If dudes have terrible music taste, chances are, so are there sports taste.

Ralph Sampson, Bol Bol, Porzingas, there’s absolutely NOTHING wrong comparing body types and skill level. Because all three are similar. You could even throw Wilt in there if we are talking about body type and agility.

Nothing wrong with the comparisons based off the look and physique of these guys. But then, dudes like Ish start being extreme, :lol: :lol: :lol:

They could have all the physical gifts in the world, but no intellect or intangibles.

Randy Foye was compared to D-Wade…. Again, didn’t have the basketball acumen and intelligence that D-Wade had or work ethic.

Mike Beasley, Stanley Williams, Michael Kidd-Gilchrest allll got compared to LeBron due to body types. 6’6”+ 240 and athletic with decent handles. But NONE had the brain and intangibles Bron had.

Plenty guys have had the same body type and somewhat similar athleticism but there’s one Bron.

Some dudes are just different.

Last edited:

Ralph Sampson, Bol Bol, Porzingas, there’s absolutely NOTHING wrong comparing body types and skill level. Because all three are similar. You could even throw Wilt in there if we are talking about body type and agility.

Nothing wrong with the comparisons based off the look and physique of these guys. But then, dudes like Ish start being extreme, :lol: :lol: :lol:

They could have all the physical gifts in the world, but no intellect or intangibles.

Randy Foye was compared to D-Wade…. Again, didn’t have the basketball acumen and intelligence that D-Wade had or work ethic.

Mike Beasley, Stanley Williams, Michael Kidd-Gilchrest allll got compared to LeBron due to body types. 6’6”+ 240 and athletic with decent handles. But NONE had the brain and intangibles Bron had.

Plenty guys have had the same body type and somewhat similar athleticism but there’s one Bron.

i don't know that anybody was seriously compared to bron bron, but point taken 🤣

the intangibles matter and there is account to be taken for the stuff that's not on paper, it just isn't a crazy comp tho to put guys like vic & bol in a discussion

Comparable because they're both tall and play basketball :lol:

What did Bol Bol do at Oregon for his few games? What has he done in the league?

They're just sitting him on the bench for no reason, huh. He's blacklisted?

This is getting ridiculous the way they compare white basketball players. This is why I don't discuss basketball and rap with people.

Last edited:

MKG was compared to Bron???

Only person that was compared to Bron was Ben Simmons and that was off.

Back
Top Bottom