The Combat Jack Show Thread

BRUH. You could have edited one big *** post :rofl:

Joe ain’t ask the real big question when discussing the album rollouts -

Why everyone but Travis have to stick to the 7 track formula?

Also, Travis is still signed to grand hustle, no? Given Kanye’s biscuit activity and TI’s very public response, I’m surprised that didn’t come up given pusha is president of one of the labels that shares Travis

BRUH. You could have edited one big *** post :rofl:

Joe ain’t ask the real big question when discussing the album rollouts -

Why everyone but Travis have to stick to the 7 track formula?

Also, Travis is still signed to grand hustle, no? Given Kanye’s biscuit activity and TI’s very public response, I’m surprised that didn’t come up given pusha is president of one of the labels that shares Travis
Yoooo chillll only an hour and 47 min in
I’m a finish the rest tomorrow

Joe was a giddy mah****a on this. He was like the "I see what you did there" meme with Pusha throughout the episode. Drake just needs to accept the L and move on. He claims to have the Kamahameha of diss tracks but without releasing it, it doesn't mean ****. Every time he wants to bring up Pusha and he aims at Ye instead. Let it go fam. No more talks with Lebron while he gets a Sharpie shapeup. C'mon son.

He's with Grand Hustle/Epic as a solo artist...GOOD as a producer from what I understand. And I'm not sure if he ever actually signed anything with GOOD. May just be waving the flag.
Makes sense

Just looked it up, its called GOOD Beats

joes pod has been the spot rappers been trying to go

joe said numerous times they decline guests and ads all the time

I wouldn’t be surprised

The whole time Push was talking about that Kanye and Drake bromance I was thinking about how ironic it is that Joe and Drake got some similar weird **** going on :lol:

If we're keeping it a buck...Joe's podcast took off after the Drake "beef". If Drake doesn't say "pump it up" on that trash *** French feature...we might be having a different conversation right now. Those ****** are friends and Joe...along with Mal and Rory are Drake stans that can't hide it although they try to mask it with jokes :lol:.

He gave Joe and that podcast an alley oop. The pod had a dedicated fanbase before that, but the Views rant and Drake giving it credence by responding to it opened up a new level for them.

The podcast is where it’s at because Tax wanted to a dumb street *****.

Tax had the Hov interview lined up but he wanted to go play tough with Troy Average

If we're keeping it a buck...Joe's podcast took off after the Drake "beef". If Drake doesn't say "pump it up" on that trash *** French feature...we might be having a different conversation right now. Those *****s are friends and Joe...along with Mal and Rory are Drake stans that can't hide it although they try to mask it with jokes :lol:.

He gave Joe and that podcast an alley oop. The pod had a dedicated fanbase before that, but the Views rant and Drake giving it credence by responding to it opened up a new level for them.

No it didn't. It took off because of Everyday Struggle

No it didn't. It took off because of Everyday Struggle

This.

Everyday struggle was really the catalyst for a lot of the moves he started making. They also started taking the pod more serious around that time. I remember back in the day they used to have a short pod and be like our bad we got you next time lol

Both played significant parts I'd say.

I definitely didn't even consider watching this **** until he left Everyday Struggle, because I was getting more than enough Joe Budden there already :lol:

Joe **** really took off cause of his Everyday Struggle and his antics with the young kids. His interview with Yachty, his issues with Drake, Nicki and Meek. Joe **** was doing good before that though

I can’t see Drake doing the podcast. He gonna have too many rules and even though Joe a groupie, Joe still gonna ask certain questions Drake wouldn’t like cause he wants the views and listens. He not gonna do a weak interview. I also don’t think Drake ****in with them after the Push episode

Sure it did :lol:

It did and everybody paying attention knows ES blew it up. The drake beef came when Marissa was still on the podcast and people weren't listening like that. People started tuning in to the podcast when the show got big and epecially when he left

Last edited:
The podcast was def already gaining steam but I feel like Joe got a big visibility/profile/podcast content boost in general from that whole situation, it was a lot of parts and he milked it.

It started with the Views rant. Then Drake "subbing" him on 4pm in Calabasas. Joe dropped 2 disses and had podcasts breaking down Drake's subs to him. No Shopping finally drops in full with another Joe sub from Drake. Joe drops diss #3. Drake went on stage at a show and called him out then Joe dropped another diss :lol: Few days later Joe goes hella viral from chasing down those ovo stans.

It was like all that **** happened and then next thing I know he on Complex News skydiving with Nadeska announcing that he dropping Rage and The Machine the following month and he got the follow up already done too (which I'm assuming didn't come because he got EDS lol) :lol:

Back
Top Bottom