The Combat Jack Show Thread

Their show was straight, but I never really understood the hype. Show was basically them just cracking jokes about **** they saw on Twitter or IG. They had great guests but the interviews were weak.

I could never get in to it, because their jokes and jumping from topic to topic was too fast and a bit much for me.

That was recent. In earlier podcasts, they would wrap that **** up in like 5 minutes. Idk if they're just busy with the show or just lazy now.

To be fair these dudes literally gave out 1-2 hours of free content for years, Signed up for the vice show & literally filled up an half hours worth of material nightly for about a year, & now working on a cable TV show. Lazy isn't a word that would fit them, although i agree the podcast isn't as good anymore.

To be fair these dudes literally gave out 1-2 hours of free content for years, Signed up for the vice show & literally filled up an half hours worth of material nightly for about a year, & now working on a cable TV show. Lazy isn't a word that would fit them, although i agree the podcast isn't as good anymore.

I understand that but the show has been off for a while. They havent put much effort in it. I just checked out the YouTube and it finally seems like they've put effort back into it. They're finally doing video podcasts and the intro is at the end

Honest critique of D&M.

They essentially put pressure on themselves After signing deals with Vice.

They were legit funny as hell when they were just out there winging it. Sorry, but I’m not rolling with the thought that D&M were corny this whole time. The first year and some months prior to getting the Vice deal, ****** were on FIRE. I remember Friday’s I legit had to pull my car to the side of the road because I was in tears.

Fast forward to today, it’s like they’re the funny dudes who people let know they’re funny, and now they feel like they have to be funny.

Hopefully this showtime **** gets them back in line. Those the guys, man. I love seeing them win. But the W’s seem to be to their content’s detriment.

they never evolved

I said it then they gotta add some depth

they’re machine gunning the same jokes and topics

they really went downhill before vice, it’s when they left and came back as bodega boys

Nah the early Bodega Boys podcasts were good. Somewhere in that stretch on Viceland is when I started getting tired of hearing those guys.

They’re also way more PC now. They’re more out there now and the white liberal crowd seems to love them, so they can’t really be as reckless as they used to be on Desus vs Mero or even on the earliest Bodega Boys podcasts.

Also the ratio between the level that they seem to be beloved by white folks vs. the amount of ethnic folks checking for them is no bueno, especially considering what their brand is. I don’t think it was like that at first, but now they’re kinda out here looking like “hip” white folks’ favorite black friends, which I don’t know is ever the best look for minority entertainers. Looking through their IG comments and seeing some of the folks trying to speak like them, yeah, nah.

Also because they’re bigger now, there’s a much bigger chance they’ll run into the folks they talk about so again, not as reckless as they used to be.

Also like people mentioned, they’ve been putting out a ton of content for the last 2 or 3 years with no writers. Their voices are getting old, their takes are starting to get kinda stale. I think if they toned it down a bit with the jokes and got more conversational they’d be better off. Every time I’ve ever heard them with a guest on the pod or guesting on another podcasts it’s been good. But them just rapid fire throwing out random jokes between each other is getting old.

Also I won’t act like they’re not corny sometimes, but they used to be more funny than corny, now I dunno.

I gotta see what they do with the Showtime show but maybe all this time off in addition to actually having writers might help. And I’m assuming they got a budget now so they can do some man on the street ****, have guest contributors to the show, basically just mix it up a little. Or maybe they just had their run and people are tired of them. I guess we’ll see.

of course, that’s why I say it started with the bodega boys

the eps were more watered down compared to desus vs mero

some eps were still good early on but I noticed the drop off top

Nah the early Bodega Boys podcasts were good. Somewhere in that stretch on Viceland is when I started getting tired of hearing those guys.

They’re also way more PC now. They’re more out there now and the white liberal crowd seems to love them, so they can’t really be as reckless as they used to be on Desus vs Mero or even on the earliest Bodega Boys podcasts.

Also the ratio between the level that they seem to be beloved by white folks vs. the amount of ethnic folks checking for them is no bueno, especially considering what their brand is. I don’t think it was like that at first, but now they’re kinda out here looking like “hip” white folks’ favorite black friends, which I don’t know is ever the best look for minority entertainers. Looking through their IG comments and seeing some of the folks trying to speak like them, yeah, nah.

Also because they’re bigger now, there’s a much bigger chance they’ll run into the folks they talk about so again, not as reckless as they used to be.

Also like people mentioned, they’ve been putting out a ton of content for the last 2 or 3 years with no writers. Their voices are getting old, their takes are starting to get kinda stale. I think if they toned it down a bit with the jokes and got more conversational they’d be better off. Every time I’ve ever heard them with a guest on the pod or guesting on another podcasts it’s been good. But them just rapid fire throwing out random jokes between each other is getting old.

Also I won’t act like they’re not corny sometimes, but they used to be more funny than corny, now I dunno.

I gotta see what they do with the Showtime show but maybe all this time off in addition to actually having writers might help. And I’m assuming they got a budget now so they can do some man on the street ****, have guest contributors to the show, basically just mix it up a little. Or maybe they just had their run and people are tired of them. I guess we’ll see.

That dude Mero be going hard with that white frat boy type of humor. :lol:

It wasn't always like that?

That dude Mero be going hard with that white frat boy type of humor. :lol:

It wasn't always like that?

Honestly Mero used to be the funnier of the two imo. They both always been goofy, they’re technically comedians so I mean that’s kinda part of it. But the jokes used to be meaner too and the **** was hilarious. But it seems like now they kinda watered everything down and turned up the goofy even more.

Anybody watch Akademiks "On the Sticks" show? Just found it and watched the D'angelo Russell and it's decent. He's doesn't do as good of a job interviewing while they play the game but I can see how playing the game at the same time can be distracting. I'd compare the show to Hot Ones, and that guy Sean does a great job in seamlessly interviewing the guest and staying active in the moment with the wings.

Yeah, I don't think any of us like Ak enough to watch him dolo.

I noticed Mouse Jones has a sneaker show on BET with Rich Maze, which is weird since he was with Complex on Full Size Run

Last edited:
Lol I don't have too big of an issue with Ak. He's a bit corny but the show is a bit entertaining

Yeah I noticed after Envy pressed them on breakfast club, They haven't been roasting people as hard that they might run into lol. They used to be vicious going in on people, I knew the bigger they got they would most likely tone down that kinda talk before people got really tight lmaoo

IDK why the **** the Tax/Desus & Mero episode isn't up anymore.. NYC gold right there

Was literally searching for that episode on Wednesday. They took that **** down. :smh:

That one's gone, along with the Big Body Bes ep. **** had me tight.

Tax, man. :smh:

Looking like the balls about to get rolling on his state charge though. Troy's set to go to trial in January, and that's supposedly when he's supposed to take the stand. Tax's stuff should follow shortly after that. Wild to think he's been down for 2 years already.

Nun but facts

Yeah, I don't think any of us like Ak enough to watch him dolo.

I noticed Mouse Jones has a sneaker shoe on BET with Rich Maze, which is weird since he was with Complex on Full Size Run

Used to listen to Mouse podcast every now and then but I cant get with the super tough talk he does at all

Back
Top Bottom