The Combat Jack Show Thread

But impact isn't just the first Moment it drops, looking back Reasonable doubt is one of the most impactful albums in hiphop history as is MBDTF. That was the foundational album & history for what many believe is the greatest rapper in History.

also to get a little off subject, i'm glad Joe brought up that moment about first hearing the Intro to WTT. Because i swear when i played it around people it was the same exact feel, Like WTF is..........

I remember vividly my man walking in the crib and after hearing just the beat stated this sounds like it could be off thriller.
Are you old enough to have been around for it to say? Between Big & PAC making so much noise at that time, Reasonable Doubt really didn't ring off like that. It took more than a year to go gold, which in the 90s doesn't mean much when dudes were going platinum left and right.

If you said Blueprint, or vol. 3 I'll give you that. Those albums had huge impact. Reasonable Doubt was definitely one of those classics that people went back to after everything.

Side note, Streets is Watching could technically have been the inspiration for Kanye's Runaway.

Are you old enough to have been around for it to say? Between Big & PAC making so much noise at that time, Reasonable Doubt really didn't ring off like that. It took more than a year to go gold, which in the 90s doesn't mean much when dudes were going platinum left and right.

If you said Blueprint, or vol. 3 I'll give you that. Those albums had huge impact. Reasonable Doubt was definitely one of those classics that people went back to after everything.

Side note, Streets is Watching could technically have been the inspiration for Kanye's Runaway.

It didn't take more than a year to go gold. It went gold that same year.

Some other albums that just went gold and took a minute to go platinum....Illmatic, 36 Chambers...

and going gold did mean something.

a lot of albums slow bubbled because not everything was instant like it was today. You didn't go nationwide over night.

Screen-Shot-2016-06-25-at-12.46.12-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2016-06-25-at-12.46.37-PM.png

Seem like from the accounts of people they was rocking w Jay immediately in NYC because they had already kinda heard his name from underground **** and feature verses

Biggs said himself tho it wasn’t jumping like that on the nationwide tip because Priority wasn’t tryna put money behind the album like that, they was putting up a lot of their own bread

He said they basically got Gold off the strength of Ain’t No _ (Nutty professor soundtrack), Can’t Knock the Hustle and Biggie being on the album. And then they got the machine for Vol. 1 followed the Puff template and he got his first platinum record

They call me this misogynist, but they don't call me the dude that take his dollars and give gifts at the projects
These dudes is all politics depositing checks they put in they pocket, all you get in return is a lot of lip
AND Y'ALL BUY THE ****, CAUGHT UP IN THE HYPE

:rofl:

It didn't take more than a year to go gold. It went gold that same year.

Some other albums that just went gold and took a minute to go platinum....Illmatic, 36 Chambers...

and going gold did mean something.

a lot of albums slow bubbled because not everything was instant like it was today. You didn't go nationwide over night.
Sold 420k for the year, look it up.
For the record, Gold cert is at 500k.
Going gold meant something sure, but 96-97 was too crazy for him to make a big dent.

Not taking away from the album at all. One of the best rap albums ever, in fact I'd say it's one of the only timeless records.

Sold 420k for the year, look it up.
For the record, Gold cert is at 500k.
Going gold meant something sure, but 96-97 was too crazy for him to make a big dent.

Not taking away from the album at all. One of the best rap albums ever, in fact I'd say it's one of the only timeless records.

Certifications were given to how a record shipped. It went gold.

What was so crazy about 96 and 97?

The Score existing doesn't mean that Illadelph Halflife didn't exist.
All Eyes On Me didn't mean people weren't listening to Hell On Earth.
Bad Boy stopped Luchini from being hot? Triumph?

If you were in to hip hop you knew about Soul On Ice, Muddy Waters, Iron Man, Legal Drug Money.

Nobody gave a **** how much they sold.

Were you old enough to actually listen to music during this time or read about it?

That overshadow stuff people try and push is done by people reading about it later.

There a certain cats In this thread that hate being wrong, and love being loud and wrong. It's okay I promise.

:lol:

Being wrong means it can be proven wrong.

Jay-Z leveled up to Def Jam the very same label that wouldn't sign him at first and his own label on Def Jam, and dudes want to continue this bull**** narrative.

Please tell me in what instance this was done. I'll wait for that answer.

Everyone said it was bad and I still listened to the Justice episode. His voice annoys me like VInce Staples. I didn't get 30 mins in before I cut it off. I'm tired of them talking about Summer. I just looked at the Fallon performance. She didn't move a single bit.

Seem like from the accounts of people they was rocking w Jay immediately in NYC because they had already kinda heard his name from underground **** and feature verses

Biggs said himself tho it wasn’t jumping like that on the nationwide tip because Priority wasn’t tryna put money behind the album like that, they was putting up a lot of their own bread

He said they basically got Gold off the strength of Ain’t No _ (Nutty professor soundtrack), Can’t Knock the Hustle and Biggie being on the album. And then they got the machine for Vol. 1 followed the Puff template and he got his first platinum record

I think Streets Is Watching the song and movie, Where I'm From and Imaginary Players did more for Vol. 1 going platinum than following the Puff/Bad Boy sound for the Sunshine song and video. I never remember people playing Sunshine or the video getting much play, I saw the City's Is Mine video more than that and Where I'm From and Imaginary Players was anthems. People knew them songs word for word.

Everyone said it was bad and I still listened to the Justice episode. His voice annoys me like VInce Staples. I didn't get 30 mins in before I cut it off. I'm tired of them talking about Summer. I just looked at the Fallon performance. She didn't move a single bit.

I really hope she doesn't do that for an hour

People can stay home and just listen to the album.

I really interesting podcast Slow Burn

They do the Biggie and Tupac thing this season

Probably a more interesting one is season two where they do Bill Clinton's impeachment with the current Carrot Top impeachment

The 30 minutes on Summer Walker made me listen to something else and then I came back to it.

He kept moving the goal post. It would be the first artist, then the first female artist, then the first artist of her generation...

People have been going to Lauryn shows for two decades dealing often with her being late, not covering the original songs and her voice changing. Her packing shows means little, especially considering she hasn't been out that long.

And I'm like Joe. Justice said New York social anxiety is different, because you have to deal with people. But how was she a stripper with social anxiety? And she's in Georgia where they get naked, and not Virginia where they wear bikinis. She must have been a terrible stripper or did it for a weekend. She better get some poles and twerk or something to put more energy in her performances.
U do know most strippers are intoxicated while stripping. Acohol does supress anxiety fam.

Other than that ur right about justice.

Back
Top Bottom