The Combat Jack Show Thread

Yeah I don’t think he’s racist either . But I get it . I just see him as an equal opportunity comedian , dude talks about every race , sexual orientation , etc. lol

also he has “went viral” a few times . Dude is pretty popular .

but yeah I also get why people don’t rock with him .

I don’t think Schulz is racist, but I understand how others may draw that conclusion.
Idk, Desus & Mero got him to pull a jrepp when they on B.I. Between Schulz blatant ignorance & Charalamagne not knowing how or being unable to correct him made me stop listening. **** was getting me tight.

They come in at 27:54:

Desus was outsmarting Schultz ignorance w/ ignorance. I believe he even got a "Go back to Africa!" out of him :rofl:

Dude is racist. Just because Shultz friends with some _'s don't mean he can't have a racist mindset. Racists can be friends, have kids with a black person, love black culture and still be racist. People can think what they want about Tariq Nasheed but in that debate Shultz real thoughts on full display. It ain't just comedy. He's one of these new racist boys that have learned how to mask it but the **** creeps out when you just ask just them the right questions and let 'em speak.

Idk, Desus & Mero got him to pull a jrepp when they on B.I. Between Schulz blatant ignorance & Charalamagne not knowing how or being unable to correct him made me stop listening. **** was getting me tight.

They come in at 27:54:

Desus was outsmarting Schultz ignorance w/ ignorance. I believe he even got a "Go back to Africa!" out of him :rofl:

That’s why I stopped listening. Because Schulz IS a racist...and gives comfort to white supremacy at every turn. And CTG doesn’t know or really care how to challenge him.

So Schulz gets his **** off, and the convo moves nowhere. Frustrating to listen to.

I'm a big believer that you can still be racist and have black friends and sleep with black women. The good blacks. You're different.

His overall view of things.

Nah b

and his whole defense of grew up in New York, doesn't mean much, because pockets of New York are segregated just like the rest of this country. You want to take credit because the city is diverse, but his way of thinking isn't much different than someone wearing a MAGA hat.

Dude is racist. Just because Shultz friends with some _'s don't mean he can't have a racist mindset. Racists can be friends, have kids with a black person, love black culture and still be racist. People can think what they want about Tariq Nasheed but in that debate Shultz real thoughts on full display. It ain't just comedy. He's one of these new racist boys that have learned how to mask it but the **** creeps out when you just ask just them the right questions and let 'em speak.

He's just being a contrarian. :lol: It's his personality.

For something as important and personal as racial issues?

Why would you even think you're even entitled and have the right to speak on our issues? Charlamagne shouldn't have been bringing some of those discussions to him in the first place. Some stuff is for family only.

I don't like Skip much, but I do like how he will quickly say, I'm not qualified or I can't speak on that issue.

So you keep a bunch of black people around you who you think you're smarter than and who are beneath you who won't challenge you. They're really just supporting your ideals.

Watching that Brilliant idiots/Bodega boys interview from 2015 that marikomorose marikomorose posted....and it’s wild how CTG didn’t understand that there were Black Dominicans :lol:. (48min Mark) He said...”I thought all Dominicans were light skin”

Mero told him, naw......”I got uncles that look like YOU” :smh: :lol:.

That ***** really been learning on the fly. Which is good...but the authority he speaks with these days...after clearly just learning stuff is wild.

**** that. If any of my friends came around with their nails painted and they tried to say some bs about “it’s art”... you getting these jokes. All the jokes

Dope episode. Bank was SLUMPT ::lol:

DC a solid young *****. Hope he continues to succeed. Lost it when son said “****tttt we got fired” :lol:
But him starting his own channel and having subscribers is dope as hell. You don’t need the green light from corporate folks to make content these days. Carve out your own lane:smokin

OG that owned Mansion was going through it though. All those big clubs that used to be synonymous with ATL are practically done for. Only a few left. Compound has the name recognition to keep it going, and out of town folks flock there every weekend because that’s all they know. But people who live here aren’t checking for that large club type of **** very often. The lounge is the move these days. OG gotta adapt to the times.

When he said it was a death sentence when clubs closed at 2, I shook my head. I wasn’t around the scene when **** closed at 6AM, but damn... I could imagine that’s a lot of bread that they started to lose out on.
Yup you nailed it wo...Clubs ain’t hittin like it was years ago but everybody from outta town still got the “ATL Club” image on their head so when my ppls pull up in the city they wanna do Compund straight from the airport :lol: :emoji_rolling_eyes: ...A spot like Gold Room basically was dead over night ...Clubs filled with nothin but outta towers and on the on the scene type ppl these days

OG club investors shoulda been had their money in rooftop type lounges and **** that’s currently poppin

Charlemagne said it’s a 50/50 venture on the podcast . I’m thinking Sonne had that info when he made the post

also I think the Jay / live nation /roc nation deal vs Dame and dame dash studios? Was a great example

If Mys was alluding To the Joe/Charlamagne thing then he's completely wrong about. Because based off everything Joe said it didn't seem like Spotify wanted a joint venture at all, they wanted a 360 deal essentially :lol:

A company that offered ****** used watches as a token of "appreciation" wouldn't exactly be someone i would trust to "build my brand to a billion dollars", we've seen this **** happen a trillion times in rap where these major corporations want to bank off all your leg work & collect w/o spending to enhance the product.

I don't think Shultz is a racist, but he's someone who's just a try hard & gets way too comfortable inserting himself in **** he knows nothing about. Constantly saying slick **** passing it off as Jokes.

Nah...it goes beyond that :lol:. The layers are peeled when they start having realer convos...and he’s not joking anymore. It’s in him.

He hides behind being a comedian, being from nyc, and having black friends who he THINKS he’s smarter than...so he can get his **** off.

He really needs to be checked. But the people closest to him, don’t know how to really do it. Being a racist or having racist tendencies is not exclusive to having some sort of kinship with black folk.

Nah...it goes beyond that :lol:. The layers are peeled when they start having realer convos...and he’s not joking anymore. It’s in him.

He hides behind being a comedian, being from nyc, and having black friends who he THINKS he’s smarter than...so he can get his **** off.

He really needs to be checked. But the people closest to him, don’t know how to really do it. Being a racist or having racist tendencies is not exclusive to having some sort of kinship with black folk.

I've tuned them out when they speak on anything remotely serious, but wouldn't argue in his favor honestly. I do vividly remember them having an episode a few years back with two women who were trying to explain being afro latina & him just coming off extremely ignorant & just using that i'm white so believe me attitude.

Why do we struggle with calling racist who participate in our culture racist?

There’s a bit of nuance. To be frank...the overwhelming majority of white people are inherently racist. In ways they don’t even know. There are varying degrees tho. Active/passive/clueless/willfully ignorant and anti-racist. The latter is what they should push to be. But humans are humans.

Those that take steps to correct their thinking or push against white supremacy are doing the work. We can’t baby them. Or coach them. But the work by them needs to be done on a level.

I don’t think we struggle for real. Most of us can pick up on what’s what. Labels matter less than collective understanding of who’s who.

I completely understand why people would write dude off as racist. He’s a white male who speaks on matters from a place of privilege and relies on his NYC upbringing to curtail around some of the harmful things he says.

But I also see it as a bit nuanced in a way because I’ve listened to a lot of their discussions over the years, and see him as the contrarian comedian who tries to attack the popular opinions of the times. Again, the way he operates is inherently privileged, and he’s addressed this fact a few times on podcasts, but I don’t believe he holds the views that any race is inferior, superior, etc.

Not caping for the dude, because he is white I don’t know him or what’s in his heart, so I could very well be wrong. But that’s my assessment based on what I’ve heard from dude.

Yup you nailed it wo...Clubs ain’t hittin like it was years ago but everybody from outta town still got the “ATL Club” image on their head so when my ppls pull up in the city they wanna do Compund straight from the airport :lol: :emoji_rolling_eyes: ...A spot like Gold Room basically was dead over night ...Clubs filled with nothin but outta towers and on the on the scene type ppl these days

OG club investors shoulda been had their money in rooftop type lounges and **** that’s currently poppin

Facts. Places like cafe circa been thriving over the years with the onset of day parties.

Plus those big *** spots don’t serve a huge purpose anymore. Folks not hitting the dance floors anymore. They just buy sections, smoke hookah, and post it to their ig stories. I remember going to Josephine’s about year ago and saw that they straight inserted hella booths in the dead center of the dance floor. They know that space would be better suited as sit down room for people wanting sections and bottle service. It’s the ultimate finesse because folks paying way more for bottles than ever before, so it guaranteed money.

OG would do well to get a spot that’s considerably smaller and cheaper, and then “lounge” that mf’er out.

Mal the real MVP this episode he took charge while Joe was on his depressed ****.

wild to think all these stories were breaking literally while they were filming. That’s probably why bruh on his phone the whole time :lol:

Back
Top Bottom