The Combat Jack Show Thread

Comparable because they're both tall and play basketball :lol:

What did Bol Bol do at Oregon for his few games? What has he done in the league?

They're just sitting him on the bench for no reason, huh. He's blacklisted?

This is getting ridiculous the way they compare white basketball players. This is why I don't discuss basketball and rap with people.

we that's an ultra simplification (there aren't many legit 7' + guys that have a decent perimeter oriented game), but ultimately yes 😂. there could be very legitimate reasons bol isn't getting burn, but that wouldn't necessarily invalidate an argument about his skill level...he did display things at oregon that if he hadn't gotten injured he likely would have been in the lottery (similar to mpj) and on a team that would have been vested in giving the opportunity to make good in the pick rather than a contender who him panning out would be a luxury of sorts. when he got traded to the magic he had a lil run where he was pretty effective but fell out of the rotation...

similar to a lot of guys he shown flashes that are very comparable to what vic has shown, arguably at least as impressive if not more

obviously highlights aren't indicative of their game, but you don't think their highlights are comparable?

1699065789128.png

1699065801514.png

obviously highlights aren't indicative of their game, but you don't think their highlights are comparable?

Have you dudes forgotten about Thon Maker? He was supposed to have Giannis career. Have you seen his high school mixtapes?

I used to be at AAU events seeing these dudes. Dwayne Wade's son looked like Flash Jr in the mixtapes? In person, nah. Where is he now?

It's easy to piece together highlights and make players appear more than what they are.

Bol Bol has been sitting on the bench for about five different teams. Conspiracy, huh?

I like to use the deion Sanders, Barry Sanders, and Randy moss, Bo Jackson, young Wilt analogy.

A lot of dudes LOOKED like them physically. We’ve seen the body types.

But no one has EVER looked as good as them when it came to executing moves, the speed, acrobatics, agility, etc.

Same with Jordan. If Ish was simply basing it off the eye test, I agree.

But saying all that extra stuff about Bol Bol made him look stupid.

Like I said with Jordan, Deion, Barry, Bo, Moss, etc. now add Wemby. Plenty dudes have been physically built like them but no one has looked as graceful and coordinated as these dudes.

Wemby literally be running up the court like Young Wilt. Wilt put on a ton of weight as he got older but look at the grace.

97C62BF7-71DB-4C4D-B9FE-520961A9199A.gif
079A8BB6-1765-4B36-A21F-9BB6DFC4485B.jpeg

Have you dudes forgotten about Thon Maker? He was supposed to have Giannis career. Have you seen his high school mixtapes?

I used to be at AAU events seeing these dudes. Dwayne Wade's son looked like Flash Jr in the mixtapes? In person, nah. Where is he now?

It's easy to piece together highlights and make players appear more than what they are.

Bol Bol has been sitting on the bench for about five different teams. Conspiracy, huh?

that thon maker mixtape was scary hours 😮‍💨…i was killing with him in those year’s 2ks 🤣🤣🤣. i did make that caveat that the highlights don’t tell much about their actual game but that combined w/them being similar in both metrics, play style, & relatively short resumes, i find the comps valid (their pre association stats are pretty close)…i could hear an argument for bol being ‘better’ in some regard, which isn’t to mean he is a better player in most actual game contexts; someone like mike beasley is an example of this

already it seems like comparatively vic has better instincts, doesn’t avoid contact, is a willing passer, and doesn’t force the issue by doing too much by playing to his strengths but he’s made mistakes and will have a much longer runway to do so than bol has on the teams he has be on…bol takes too many 3s & not enough shots in the paint where he is fairly elite because of his size, turns the ball over too much, doesn’t really rebound, and gets out of position on defense too often, as well as a seemingly bad reputation…so no it’s not a conspiracy why he hasn’t gotten pt but some of that is down to circumstance

I thought that confrontation was edited.

He was with people and had bear mace out while Cesarwas angling for a Joe interview :smh:

You can't even debate with a person like Ish, because he's going to turn everything into a conspiracy. He's really just as good, he's just not getting the opportunities. They move the goal post.

and he tried to change up his argument. A lot of players have the same skill set as Michael Jordan, but there's only one. It's more than skills to making an athlete elite. It's been other players fast like Tyreek Hill, are you going to say they're like him without the production included? Mecole Hardman is fast and is short, so he's Tyreek?

what’s good with this i am athlete ish?

I hear rumblings from them ever since they first started

I just remember b marshall hosting cam and mase’s show cause stat was out and this man was afraid to make a strong statement about anything

seems like the same thing as Joe

On paper Brandon and Joe own the IP but it ain’t become what it was without the other cast members lol. saying **** them ****** worked out for Joe not so much for Brandon

I don't understand all this money he keeps talking about he put up, but whatever

Didn't he get a Aldon Smith interview? I meant to watch.
$12 million on a podcast, he’s gotta be trippin.
Probably includes the entire I am athlete umbrella with the gyms and other ideas he had, which is one of the reasons Fred Taylor said they didn’t like that the money he wanted wasn’t just for the podcast, it was for his entire idea

Man look, like Juve say…

“I'm not tha smartest _____ walkin'
But I can tell a fake _____ when he talkin' “

Brandon Marshall is the 6’4” 235lb version of Charlemagne. Dude is a turncoat. A “jellyback” as me and my Haitian homie say. Dude is spineless.

He’s one of those unintelligent, not very bright dudes who gets around smart people, and tries to fit in. I remember when the Dolphins first got him in 2010. Some of his postgame interviews, dude just sounded like and idiot.

HELL OF A PLAYER AND HALL OF FAMER! I will not discredit his skills. Dude will be in Canton one day…. Won’t deny that he was a damn good player.

But I’m telling y’all he’s an opportunist and anyone with an ounce of common sense would steer clear of dude. Sometimes you can just see through people

I can’t believe that we live in a world where people don’t “listen to what people say” you can literally have a dialogue with certain people, or listen to how they vocalize or do certain things and realize that they aren’t all the way together. Words matter. What people say matters. What they know, and don’t know, it MATTERS.

Some call it being judgmental well, oh well. They judges Jesus. Humans need to stop this non-judgmental, no prejudice mess because it matters. A guy like Brandon opens himself up for judgement.

It’s just certain people that you come across in life and you can tell that they’re no good. The older I get, the more I realize that some people lack the ability to have discernment.

Back
Top Bottom