The Day After Your Team Loses Unnapprecition Vol. Just leave me alone

You kidding me?  I just finally started listening to sports talk radio, websites and ESPN.  I just returned to S&T this week,
frown.gif

I was in a remote location on Sunday so I had to listen to the game on the radio; still haven't seen any lowlights and refuse to ever watch them.  Worst loss ever.

laugh.gif
I usually listen to Sports Radio ALL DAY LONG, but after a Cowboys loss or a Mavs beatdown, I shut it off for a day and take in the silence...

It stung more when I was a kid when you'd go to school and get reminded by your friends every minute. Now you can just turn off your phone.

When the Yankees and Lakers won it all in 09 I didn't watch Sportscenter for days.

I even changed the channel when the news was talking about sports

Also, when the Pats lost to the Giants. That wound will never heal

They never talk about the Knicks so I don't really care. And I never read Newsday/the Post.

After losing to the C's a few seasons back in the championship. Didn't want to see anything related to the NBA. Turned off sportscenter, didn't go on nba.com, nothing. I just shut it down. And someone posted something about the SI sports pack. Every time I saw that commercial come on about the Celtics SI championship offer, I switched to a different station ASAP.

you get used to it when you grow older... especially in baseball when a playoff bound team can still lose over 70 games
laugh.gif

It's just a game, ya'll cats take this sports mess too serious. You really letting your teams result affect your week?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by Durden7

Some of you people are too wrapped up into sports teams.  Its scary.

Nothing wrong with passion homie.

Nothing wrong with passion, but if you letting your teams output affect you for months at a time, you doing it wrong. These cats could care less after the season is over, they go back to their villas and maybachs. I love my teams, but can't rock with this not watching ESPN for months at a time cuz my squad lost, it's just a game.

You don't even want to see me... I throw temper tantrums like a 5 year old kid that didn't get his candy.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I'll throw crap all over that house, word to my cell phone... rip.

regular season losses dont matter me as much unless we play the warriors and back in the early decade when the warriors would beat us a lot in the oakland arena i wouldnt answer my phone, texts, respond to emails, myspace, friendster etc. from these stinkin' warrior fans who got their "superbowl victory" by beating us...but id be heated after a playoff elimination
mad.gif
...dont talk to me, call me or anything whatsoever...i dont watch anything sports related

as for the niners man...i kinda got used to it after the glory years
ohwell.gif
...even when that little run with garcia and t.o i didnt even get that fired up about us cause i knew we still werent as good as the lambs

I'm a Sixers fan, so, yeah, I'm used to it
laugh.gif
smh.gif
But when the Falcons went through their midseason slump, had me at work like
1z1a8zk.jpg

My homie is a huge Spurs fan. Grew up there but moved to Seattle. I was getting @#@+ all day after they eliminated the Hornets in the playoffs

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

After awhile you get used to it. 
frown.gif

CP, don't even think about responding to this. 
laugh.gif
Wha I do? 
laugh.gif

Losses hurt like a @#$%^.  Football it's 10X worse as there is no game the next day to try and fix it all.  Baseball and basketball you have a game pretty regular so you can recover faster. 

Packers loses are tough
Astros are just average at times so i dont take much stock in them winning at this point
laugh.gif

Rockets loses are different every game. I need to learn we arent going anywhere this year
laugh.gif

USC loses are tough
Maryland loses are expected to me at most points, im always looking on how they will lose
laugh.gif

I thought we were talking about playing for teams.

Coz personally that means it's a "FILM DAY" followed by a brutal scrimmage session.

nothing ruins my night/week more than a terps loss. after we blew the 20pt lead to clemson a couple years back i didn't talk to anyone for a week

Back
Top Bottom