The Eastbay Re-Stock Thread **update pg. 10** Vol. Gold Club Member

Originally Posted by mogzz04

Originally Posted by NeverSellThem

Originally Posted by Vuey

still heaps of CG XI's (FSR) left at my local Nike store
tongue.gif

Yeah, they sat and still sit in the UK and AUS, we know.
That AU$260 price point
sick.gif
specially with the strength of the AU$ today
tired.gif

i know the store manager at the store, hes willing to give them to me 20% off retail, so they would be about $210 USD. not bad, but i might wait until they hit the nike outlet, im not a "huge" fan of the CG, so i can wait it out.

Originally Posted by mogzz04

Originally Posted by NeverSellThem

tongue.gif

Yeah, they sat and still sit in the UK and AUS, we know.
That AU$260 price point
sick.gif
specially with the strength of the AU$ today
tired.gif

i know the store manager at the store, hes willing to give them to me 20% off retail, so they would be about $210 USD. not bad, but i might wait until they hit the nike outlet, im not a "huge" fan of the CG, so i can wait it out.

Originally Posted by moneymike88

tongue.gif
That because they cost almost double U.S. retail

not true, the Bordeaux VII's have pretty much "sold out" .

Originally Posted by moneymike88

tongue.gif
That because they cost almost double U.S. retail

not true, the Bordeaux VII's have pretty much "sold out" .

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

Originally Posted by jordan3cement

they obviously didn't do as well as stores would lead you to think.. anyone over seas anywhere can tell you that the jordan game is almost non existent in most countries.. anything that sells out here sits on shelves out there for months.. jordan brand just doesn't wanna lose its "price integrity" on some of their more sought after shoes so instead of putting shoes on sale in other countries or places that the shoes haven't sold well they just relocate and market them in places like niketowns and eastbay as some holy "re-release"
nice move jordan..
very good point mate.
Its not so much the price, its just that the brand has really fallen away from the mainstream market. When i am out shopping at Foot locker, nike retail or nike outlet, the kids want Kobes or Lebrons . Only the older heads like myself will chase jordans and willing to pay retail for them. As we get very limited numbers in Australia to begin with, any left overs are sent to the nike outlets here in Australia and sold off.

But isnt this, if true, a great business move?  Similar to Louis Vuitton burning all of its left over product instead of selling it at clearance.

I have travelled to a few countries and the price point for LV bags are pretty much fixed worldwide, i will find out first hand what they cost in the US when i am there in July. For a brand like LV, they will never have clearence or outlet stores, as it will destroy the brand's integrity and image.

they obviously didn't do as well as stores would lead you to think.. anyone over seas anywhere can tell you that the jordan game is almost non existent in most countries.. anything that sells out here sits on shelves out there for months.. jordan brand just doesn't wanna lose its "price integrity" on some of their more sought after shoes so instead of putting shoes on sale in other countries or places that the shoes haven't sold well they just relocate and market them in places like niketowns and eastbay as some holy "re-release"
nice move jordan..
very good point mate.
Its not so much the price, its just that the brand has really fallen away from the mainstream market. When i am out shopping at Foot locker, nike retail or nike outlet, the kids want Kobes or Lebrons . Only the older heads like myself will chase jordans and willing to pay retail for them. As we get very limited numbers in Australia to begin with, any left overs are sent to the nike outlets here in Australia and sold off.

But isnt this, if true, a great business move?  Similar to Louis Vuitton burning all of its left over product instead of selling it at clearance.

I have travelled to a few countries and the price point for LV bags are pretty much fixed worldwide, i will find out first hand what they cost in the US when i am there in July. For a brand like LV, they will never have clearence or outlet stores, as it will destroy the brand's integrity and image.

would love another pair...

only got one pair but these are just maximumly marvelous.

lucky to those who got 'em.

I'm jealous. Pouring jelly on myself... rubbing my body with it.

would love another pair...

only got one pair but these are just maximumly marvelous.

lucky to those who got 'em.

I'm jealous. Pouring jelly on myself... rubbing my body with it.

I called instantly after receiving the email today and all they had left was 9.5 and 13.5 and above, my 11 was too big from xmas time so i was hoping to get that 10.5 smh.

I called instantly after receiving the email today and all they had left was 9.5 and 13.5 and above, my 11 was too big from xmas time so i was hoping to get that 10.5 smh.

nice move jordan..
very good point mate.

sounds like a pretty common business practice.. im sure other big companies do similar things with their products. although high end brands do have outlets and clearance stores, some of their premium/limited products will always hold close to or more than their retail value making the actual market value the same or more. all about the marketing.

nice move jordan..
very good point mate.

sounds like a pretty common business practice.. im sure other big companies do similar things with their products. although high end brands do have outlets and clearance stores, some of their premium/limited products will always hold close to or more than their retail value making the actual market value the same or more. all about the marketing.

also anyone looking for a pair i do see these floating around 200 at times in the buy/sell forum. so for states that charge a sales tax its basically the same plus shipping..

also anyone looking for a pair i do see these floating around 200 at times in the buy/sell forum. so for states that charge a sales tax its basically the same plus shipping..

Originally Posted by YaOzahs

so to clarify they'll put the sneakers not sold online tomorrow?

Dont know if they will be online, but 7AM central time, they will be available to the public.  But from the looks of it, none of the sizes are worth the trouble.

Originally Posted by YaOzahs

so to clarify they'll put the sneakers not sold online tomorrow?

Dont know if they will be online, but 7AM central time, they will be available to the public.  But from the looks of it, none of the sizes are worth the trouble.

Back
Top Bottom