The Eastbay Re-Stock Thread **update pg. 10** Vol. Gold Club Member

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

Originally Posted by maluah

I wonder why those returned shoes don't have original box..........oh yeah....'cause they weren't doubled box in the first place.
I won't send back any shoes in a box if they don't do the same. I might as well tape all around the box and send it that way.

Back to the original topic thread, I feel sorry for those gold members, who didn't even know about CG restock. It's like beating the purpose of being gold member. The ONLY advantage that I can see is saving on 3-days shipping. You still have to go through the same phone line for any major release, the same plastic wrap to ship out your shoes. And now they're charging taxes, which I let it slip on this one. I think Footaction.com is offering free shipping and doubled box. I think I'm gonna try to order from their site instead.
Our Gold Club membership is intended to save customers shipping costs. We would like to give back to those who order from us and free, upgraded shipping is an excellent benefit. Any additional special promotions we have run for Gold Club members were another way of giving back to our loyal customers. Additional benefits like this were never guaranteed or even suggested as being part of the package. Our Gold Club membership includes free, 3-day shipping on all orders placed within 12 months, a one-time use discount code for 25% off an order and a separate toll-free number to reach our representatives faster than non-members. We certainly would have preferred that all Gold Club members would have received the re-stock e-mails without issue. As you know, this did not happen. We have since changed our e-mail service provider and taken other steps to prevent this from happening in the future if we decide to have another exclusive re-stock.
How about phone line? From what I heard, people are still struggling going through the line. I'm saying, you guys will need to be prepared for the upcoming Concord
tongue.gif
. That would be one of the biggest release. I think you should do pre-order online for the gold member. And that's when I'm willing to join
laugh.gif
*wishful thinking*

I wonder why those returned shoes don't have original box..........oh yeah....'cause they weren't doubled box in the first place.
I won't send back any shoes in a box if they don't do the same. I might as well tape all around the box and send it that way.

Back to the original topic thread, I feel sorry for those gold members, who didn't even know about CG restock. It's like beating the purpose of being gold member. The ONLY advantage that I can see is saving on 3-days shipping. You still have to go through the same phone line for any major release, the same plastic wrap to ship out your shoes. And now they're charging taxes, which I let it slip on this one. I think Footaction.com is offering free shipping and doubled box. I think I'm gonna try to order from their site instead.
Our Gold Club membership is intended to save customers shipping costs. We would like to give back to those who order from us and free, upgraded shipping is an excellent benefit. Any additional special promotions we have run for Gold Club members were another way of giving back to our loyal customers. Additional benefits like this were never guaranteed or even suggested as being part of the package. Our Gold Club membership includes free, 3-day shipping on all orders placed within 12 months, a one-time use discount code for 25% off an order and a separate toll-free number to reach our representatives faster than non-members. We certainly would have preferred that all Gold Club members would have received the re-stock e-mails without issue. As you know, this did not happen. We have since changed our e-mail service provider and taken other steps to prevent this from happening in the future if we decide to have another exclusive re-stock.
How about phone line? From what I heard, people are still struggling going through the line. I'm saying, you guys will need to be prepared for the upcoming Concord
tongue.gif
. That would be one of the biggest release. I think you should do pre-order online for the gold member. And that's when I'm willing to join
laugh.gif
*wishful thinking*

For real for real...Dont care about no box. Give me the Space Jams in a brown box at retail and I will take them gladly! Ha!

For real for real...Dont care about no box. Give me the Space Jams in a brown box at retail and I will take them gladly! Ha!

^^^ Word. At retail I'd take some Cool Greys with no box and slight yellowing as long as the shipping was free.
laugh.gif

^^^ Word. At retail I'd take some Cool Greys with no box and slight yellowing as long as the shipping was free.
laugh.gif

Everyone is Complaining about the Boxes they have received, how they were shipped, price etc...SMH

I wish I would have received AT LEAST ONE of the Emails JUST ONE but NOPE Have yet to receive ANY emails, HAVEN'T EVEN RECEIVED MY 25% OFF!!!

I Work in Retail as a Store Manager So I know what it's like to have to deal with Customers Complaining about the smallest things and how picky customers can be and it is this one reason why I haven't been doing TOO much complaining on this bored but one thing I have learned is that at the end of the day customers are what make us go and their frequency (whether its once a month or Once a Day) is what helps us meet our sales forecast each day.

I don't ask for special treatment All I ask is that I get what I pay for, and I have yet to receive that...

Also, just an idea I think you would Sell more Gold CLub Memberships if you the Shipping wasn't the only perk I mean it's just about every other week that you have a Free Shipping code posted on your site Granted 3-day is faster than standard but for this to be the only perk does not truly stretch the potential that a "GOLD" membership could have...I mean I'm sure you could just look at the difference in Members since you started the exclusive member-only restocks but Im sure you know this as you probably know the retail business just as well as I do!

Everyone is Complaining about the Boxes they have received, how they were shipped, price etc...SMH

I wish I would have received AT LEAST ONE of the Emails JUST ONE but NOPE Have yet to receive ANY emails, HAVEN'T EVEN RECEIVED MY 25% OFF!!!

I Work in Retail as a Store Manager So I know what it's like to have to deal with Customers Complaining about the smallest things and how picky customers can be and it is this one reason why I haven't been doing TOO much complaining on this bored but one thing I have learned is that at the end of the day customers are what make us go and their frequency (whether its once a month or Once a Day) is what helps us meet our sales forecast each day.

I don't ask for special treatment All I ask is that I get what I pay for, and I have yet to receive that...

Also, just an idea I think you would Sell more Gold CLub Memberships if you the Shipping wasn't the only perk I mean it's just about every other week that you have a Free Shipping code posted on your site Granted 3-day is faster than standard but for this to be the only perk does not truly stretch the potential that a "GOLD" membership could have...I mean I'm sure you could just look at the difference in Members since you started the exclusive member-only restocks but Im sure you know this as you probably know the retail business just as well as I do!

Originally Posted by StaceyPatton04

We are sorry to hear you have not received your 25% off one time use promotion code yet. If you want us to look into this issue, just send us a private message with your customer number so we can assist you.

Not only do Gold Club members get free three business day shipping, they can also use a discount promotion code on the order at the same time.  If you are not a Gold Club member, you have to choose between free standard shipping or a discount promotion code.

tongue.gif
laugh.gif
*wishful thinking*
On launch nights there will always be a line to get to an agent when calling in, as calls are taken in the order they are received.  The Concord launch will be huge, just as the Cool Grey launch was last year and the Space Jams the year before.  We will have as many people as we can get to be working the launch night, but there will still be a line, as everyone and their mother will be trying to order the Concord's.

EastbayRep - Ray

Originally Posted by StaceyPatton04

We are sorry to hear you have not received your 25% off one time use promotion code yet. If you want us to look into this issue, just send us a private message with your customer number so we can assist you.

Not only do Gold Club members get free three business day shipping, they can also use a discount promotion code on the order at the same time.  If you are not a Gold Club member, you have to choose between free standard shipping or a discount promotion code.

tongue.gif
laugh.gif
*wishful thinking*
On launch nights there will always be a line to get to an agent when calling in, as calls are taken in the order they are received.  The Concord launch will be huge, just as the Cool Grey launch was last year and the Space Jams the year before.  We will have as many people as we can get to be working the launch night, but there will still be a line, as everyone and their mother will be trying to order the Concord's.

EastbayRep - Ray

just wanted to say...i really appreciate having Eastbay Ray (and the other occasional reps) come on here and respond to our questions/concerns. much appreciated.

just wanted to say...i really appreciate having Eastbay Ray (and the other occasional reps) come on here and respond to our questions/concerns. much appreciated.

Originally Posted by NikeRider

Bro's, Joes and Pro's, this brown box nonsense has happened three times to me with recent Eastbay orders:

I received my teal foams with a plain brown box and Eastbay label, a pair of LeBron 8 blackouts same plain brown box with Eastbay label and finally another LeBron 8 white/red with
again the same plain brown box & Eastbay label.

Yes, I called CS and was told that they have no control over the boxes and I can return items if I wanted. Of course, all three kicks were long sold out and they had no extra original boxes so it was either
keep em or return. I decided to keep all three pairs.

Incidentally, if you think you will get a $10 gift card keep dreaming as I also asked for compensation and was told politely to pound sand.

Nothing against the CSR's but yea it stinks when you either get a crushed, busted up box or a non-original plain brown box.
Three times for one customer in 4 months is no rare occurance. I can post photos if no-one believes me.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Three of your last four orders, hmmm.  It sounds like you have been ordering returns that were put back on our website.  If the original box is too badly damaged, our Warehouse does replace them with a generic brown box, as we do not have any extra manufacturer boxes sitting around.  If you want to send us a private message with some pictures, that would be great.

I am trying to get us to have our Warehouse transfer any shoe without their original box to our Outlet store and not back on our website, but I am not sure when or if this will ever happen.

EastbayRep - Ray

Hi Ray,

I appreciate you answering the questions for the NT members.
Regarding your response, I just received another Eastbay order this week with a plain brown box. 
It was the LeBron 8 blackouts. The sneakers are completely deadstock so I doubt they were a return.
Do you want me to send you a pm with the photos of the box?
I haven't contacted the CS dept yet because I just received them this week. Apparently, they are still sending out shoes in the brown boxes.

Bro's, Joes and Pro's, this brown box nonsense has happened three times to me with recent Eastbay orders:

I received my teal foams with a plain brown box and Eastbay label, a pair of LeBron 8 blackouts same plain brown box with Eastbay label and finally another LeBron 8 white/red with
again the same plain brown box & Eastbay label.

Yes, I called CS and was told that they have no control over the boxes and I can return items if I wanted. Of course, all three kicks were long sold out and they had no extra original boxes so it was either
keep em or return. I decided to keep all three pairs.

Incidentally, if you think you will get a $10 gift card keep dreaming as I also asked for compensation and was told politely to pound sand.

Nothing against the CSR's but yea it stinks when you either get a crushed, busted up box or a non-original plain brown box.
Three times for one customer in 4 months is no rare occurance. I can post photos if no-one believes me.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Three of your last four orders, hmmm.  It sounds like you have been ordering returns that were put back on our website.  If the original box is too badly damaged, our Warehouse does replace them with a generic brown box, as we do not have any extra manufacturer boxes sitting around.  If you want to send us a private message with some pictures, that would be great.

I am trying to get us to have our Warehouse transfer any shoe without their original box to our Outlet store and not back on our website, but I am not sure when or if this will ever happen.

EastbayRep - Ray

Hi Ray,

Regarding your response, I just received another Eastbay order this week with a plain brown box. 
It was the LeBron 8 blackouts. The sneakers are completely deadstock so I doubt they were a return.
I haven't contacted the CS dept yet because I just received them this week. Apparently, they are still sending out shoes in the brown boxes.

I love the "free" shipping. While they do offer Free Shipping coupons a lot, there is always a minimum amount you have to purchase to qualify. Sometimes I just want to buy a tshirt and I can just go ahead and buy it by itself and it ships free with my gold club membership. I don't need to wait until I'm ready to buy more to qualify for free shipping.

As Eastbay Rep also indicated, it allows you to "stack" your Gold Club Free Shipping along with another coupon code.

I wish people would stop complaining about the tax as well. I know it sucks, but technically you were ALWAYS supposed to pay taxes on it, whether it be at the time of purchase like it is now, or when you file your taxes. People weren't doing it when filing taxes and the government was losing out on this sales tax. Now they are putting it on the retailer to help them collect it.

I love the "free" shipping. While they do offer Free Shipping coupons a lot, there is always a minimum amount you have to purchase to qualify. Sometimes I just want to buy a tshirt and I can just go ahead and buy it by itself and it ships free with my gold club membership. I don't need to wait until I'm ready to buy more to qualify for free shipping.

As Eastbay Rep also indicated, it allows you to "stack" your Gold Club Free Shipping along with another coupon code.

I wish people would stop complaining about the tax as well. I know it sucks, but technically you were ALWAYS supposed to pay taxes on it, whether it be at the time of purchase like it is now, or when you file your taxes. People weren't doing it when filing taxes and the government was losing out on this sales tax. Now they are putting it on the retailer to help them collect it.

Originally Posted by bOba BaLLa

Originally Posted by bOba BaLLa

^^^ Not really sure what you are questioning.

1. I listed benefits of the Gold Club membership

2. People hating on Eastbay because they have to charge tax to Californians is not warranted. Eastbay is just following the law that is in place now. Eastbay passes that money along to the government.

^^^ Not really sure what you are questioning.

1. I listed benefits of the Gold Club membership

2. People hating on Eastbay because they have to charge tax to Californians is not warranted. Eastbay is just following the law that is in place now. Eastbay passes that money along to the government.

eastbay rep ive been a gold club memeber for the past two years, it just expired and I usually get a promo to resign

eastbay rep ive been a gold club memeber for the past two years, it just expired and I usually get a promo to resign

Hi Ray,

Yes, that would be great if you can send us a private message with your customer information and pictures of the shoe and box that you received.

Originally Posted by Rightguard

We normally do send an e-mail out to customers that just had their membership expire, but we are looking to offer a new program soon, so they may have been placed on hold for now.  Please keep checking our website for information regarding the new program.

EastbayRep - Ray

Back
Top Bottom