****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Smart for Lavar to take him out. Melo is a celeb now, son prob wouldn't be able to focus with the amount of yambs thrown at him at HS.

i would be mad if i was lil dude. he could be at school pulling EVERYTHING. hell i bet at this point even the teachers are going. lil bro got a lambo for crying out loud. imagine pulling up everyday like that??

This changes nothing until it is proven to be effective. Not playing HS ball is one thing. Practice alone is another. Practice vs. game theory is a whole other issue. You could be the best practice player EVER, but suck when it matters. I wouldnt doubt he's already balling it up at laker open practices, so there's that angle for sure. The AAU circuit is still on the table, right?

Dude still has to perform and get looks and be deemed a worthy draft pick, when its all said and done. The ball's have the platform, when many others DID and DO not, so they are visionaries in some sense. But not every kid is so lucky. Most go to HS to get training and what not. Dude will have the world at his disposal in regards to private training sessions.. This also leads to the highest amount of pressure ever.. Its why you rarely see second generation NBA athletes succeed beyond 4-5 years in the league, and rarely an all star.

In some sense, let dude struggle in crappy gyms and crappy weights. That's what makes them into men. The at home or at laker practice facility sessions can make or break him in no time flat. I wish no ill will towards the family. But HS ball (various atmospheres and such) is unforgetable stuff. They are setting him up to be a "man" before he's even finished two years of HS *remember, they advanced him a grade. Dude is barely HS ready, and they want him in private sessions. Risky stuff. Huge payoff thougu

i would be mad if i was lil dude. he could be at school pulling EVERYTHING. hell i bet at this point even the teachers are going. lil bro got a lambo for crying out loud. imagine pulling up everyday like that??
Yea son would be the king at his HS like Lebron was.

This changes nothing until it is proven to be effective. Not playing HS ball is one thing. Practice alone is another. Practice vs. game theory is a whole other issue. You could be the best practice player EVER, but suck when it matters. I wouldnt doubt he's already balling it up at laker open practices, so there's that angle for sure. The AAU circuit is still on the table, right?

Dude still has to perform and get looks and be deemed a worthy draft pick, when its all said and done. The ball's have the platform, when many others DID and DO not, so they are visionaries in some sense. But not every kid is so lucky. Most go to HS to get training and what not. Dude will have the world at his disposal in regards to private training sessions.. This also leads to the highest amount of pressure ever.. Its why you rarely see second generation NBA athletes succeed beyond 4-5 years in the league, and rarely an all star.
Lavar should pay Kobe to train him.

What is he doing on social media?

It's not what he's doing...

He's already the most popular kid at his school. Has a social media following over a million. Has a tv show, big bro the face of the Lakers. Pulling everything can be done from anywhere if that's the perogitive.

The other side is, I've only ever seen him on a cherry picking squad that plays no defense. Now Lavar is hiding him from the world, with a scholarship already in the books. Why hurt his stock further? That's the other side I see out of this He's seen as a precious entity and asset, more than a human being.

He'll have to perform at some point.. It reminds me of seeing Teague vs. Ball the other night. Ball is not ready for these NBA PGs. He was shielded from a lot as a NCAA player imho. Passing vision on point for the most part. But that element of quickness negated a lot of what he was trying. Right now, there's that HYPE being greater than performance angle. Maybe the younger Ball can learn from his bigger brothers successes and failures

Melo has a lot of work to do. Makin it to the NBA is the end goal. If you're aware of that now and have a good shot at getting there, why not put more time in to get better at his short comings since he's afforded that luxury.

Watch the games as a freshman. He can play defense.

Hinding him from the world? It's a bit unfair to create your own narrative and push it as fact.

Hell still be playing AAU, I'm sure. His eligibility to play college isn't gone either.

He's still eligible to play NCAA ball, I don't see the issue with this at all. Why fake the funk of a "student / athlete" anyway? Besides,as long as he shows and proves in the AAU circuit, he'll be fine from a basketball / collegiate perspective.

And, I've said this in this thread before. He's pushing 3 Million followers on Insta at 16. He's not only the best basketball player of the ball brothers, but he's the bonafide star. If basketball wasn't a thing, it would make total sense for someone with his star power to be homeschooled. Child Actors, and Child celebrities and prodigies do this all the time. Kind of par for the course.

Interesting. Seems like a decent idea. Don't have to worry about his head coach "messing up" his game. Can dedicate more time to training.

I wonder if it's the best decision for Melo as a person, but then again I don't know him personally. Like, did he have any say in the decision? Will he spend less time with friends he had at school? Will he miss playing on his HS team? Can't say. It does seems like the logical move career wise though.

I can't really call it, I think it will do LaMelo good to play against good competition for the next couple years.

But I guess AAU will have to do.

Interesting. Seems like a decent idea. Don't have to worry about his head coach "messing up" his game. Can dedicate more time to training.

I wonder if it's the best decision for Melo as a person, but then again I don't know him personally. Like, did he have any say in the decision? Will he spend less time with friends he had at school? Will he miss playing on his HS team? Can't say. It does seems like the logical move career wise though.

Bro Melo definitely has 0 say in any of this.... in the last episode he wouldn't even say a word when he was supposed to be helping design his shoe, until Lavar left the room

Speaking of that episode, what's up with Zo's girl? I thought they were HS sweethearts, shouldn't she be a sophomore in college? She acting like she's playing shooting guard for the lakers, "we're not college kids anymore, we're adults..." Time is ticking on them :lol:

I'm gonna have to check him out. Haven't knowingly heard anything from him. I listen to a bunch of crap at work that I subconsciously mute if it doesn't grab me...

Stay woke

IMG_0380.jpg

• And, I've said this in this thread before. He's pushing 3 Million followers on Insta at 16. He's not only the best basketball player of the ball brothers, but he's the bonafide star. If basketball wasn't a thing, it would make total sense for someone with his star power to be homeschooled. Child Actors, and Child celebrities and prodigies do this all the time. Kind of par for the course.

tenor.gif

Lavar that you?

Every kid that popular wanna finish high school, go to prom, stunt I'm the thotties everyday. But if the NBA is really where he wants to be and that's the plan, this move doesn't hurt.

Lavar must feel like he's losing his son. More attention surrounding the family than when lonzo came up. More allures, more distractions and Melo personality seems more wayward and rebellious than Zo and Gelo. He don't want to detours on his boys path. I got nothing but respect for what lavar tryna do. Nothing better than a Father fully involved with his children.

Every kid that popular wanna finish high school, go to prom, stunt I'm the thotties everyday. But if the NBA is really where he wants to be and that's the plan, this move doesn't hurt.

He can crash a couple of proms. Now that he's not a student if he does go to his old school's prom he can show up like an even bigger celebrity

Smaller world now b, he still has access to all of that, especially with his IG. He can still hang out with other kids in his AAU or join a rec league too if he really needs that socialization. I'm sure prom invites are open to him.

That's where it becomes a mixed bag to me. It's like Lavar raised his sons with nothing but tunnel vision for the NBA. I don't think any of his sons have any other goals besides that so it's not like he's being forced to do anything he doesn't want. But then again, you only get one childhood and what happens if he ever gets injured and it's all over?

Obviously, nobody knows how this will all work out and I'm not one to hate on anybody's grind, so I do hope it ends on a positive note for him. Definitely has the making of a very interesting 30 for 30 one day.

Back
Top Bottom