The Fishing Thread, ANY ANGLERS ON NT ?!

Yeaaaaaahhh I’ve never caught a steelhead in my life. I won’t go unless a buddy has a full setup and offers to just let me take up space in his boat. Those joints are mad elusive to me

People go to Lake Michigan and do pretty good but that’s far af from me. I know people who catch them up in Duluth but that’s like one out of every 5 times they go.

I need a happy medium between numbers and size.

If I go steelhead fishing again I’m not ****ing around. I’m getting a center pin setup and driving to Michigan.

🐷 life

IMG_0560.jpeg
IMG_0559.jpeg

I ****ing hate fishing so much sometimes. Been getting minimal action on rivers this year. Maybe get 1 or 2 trout on full days of fishing.

Got sick of exploring. Wanted to go to the eaaaasssy spot with maximum planted fish. Guaranteed limit fishing. Got FREAKING SKUNKED!

Meanwhile every single person here is catching. And people walking up are catching on their first cast.

Tried my whole bag. Everyone catching on garlic power bait. Not even a bite for me on that. No rooster tail action. No panther Martin. No salmon eggs.

Tried off the bottom. Tried multiple various hooks. Different lines. Bobber off top. Synthetic corn. Real corn. Live worms. Nothing.

“Change up your gear.” Did that. “Vary your reel cadence.” Been did that. “It’s never easy, just be patient.” ***** I just watched 2 separate people walk up with kiddie Barbie rods and catch keepers within 2 minutes of arrival.

I don’t think I’ve ever struggled this much in a summer in my life. It’s enough to make me wanna pack up the rod for good.

I ****ing hate fishing so much sometimes. Been getting minimal action on rivers this year. Maybe get 1 or 2 trout on full days of fishing.

Got sick of exploring. Wanted to go to the eaaaasssy spot with maximum planted fish. Guaranteed limit fishing. Got FREAKING SKUNKED!

Meanwhile every single person here is catching. And people walking up are catching on their first cast.

Tried my whole bag. Everyone catching on garlic power bait. Not even a bite for me on that. No rooster tail action. No panther Martin. No salmon eggs.

Tried off the bottom. Tried multiple various hooks. Different lines. Bobber off top. Synthetic corn. Real corn. Live worms. Nothing.

“Change up your gear.” Did that. “Vary your reel cadence.” Been did that. “It’s never easy, just be patient.” ***** I just watched 2 separate people walk up with kiddie Barbie rods and catch keepers within 2 minutes of arrival.

I don’t think I’ve ever struggled this much in a summer in my life. It’s enough to make me wanna pack up the rod for good.
Gotta keep trying. Just being out there is beautiful man.

calibeebee calibeebee on this one trip i had the same leader, same hook, and same live bait and was right next to my friend and he hooked 14 fish and i finally hooked 1 for the night and went home right after 😂
that **** happens 🤷🏻‍♂️

it’s looking like our baby goat fish (one of the best live baits) season is starting so i gotta get my gear ready. hopefully next weekend.

I can only speak on trout fishing but if you are using powerbait for trout, I highly suggest the orange glitter with the anise scent. You will catch rainbows, brookies, palomino but the brown trout wont bother with it. The absoulte key to fishing powerbait dough is to make sure you have the correct weight to the water you are fishing. It needs to move down the steam naturally. If you dont have your split shot hitting the bottom and bouncing down the creek its very hard to catch them with PB. Always make sure that the line is tight and keep an eye on your line moving down stream, once it stops pick up the tip of the rod a little to see if you have a hit or are caught on the bottom.

If you are on a creek with slower to stagnant water. Sight fish but you have to be behind them. Put on the smallest split shot and toss it near the fish, they will scatter at first but will come back to check it out because of the heavy anise scent. Have patience. If one comes by and hits it and spits it back out the others will come and smash.

DO NOT PACK UP THE ROD FOR GOOD. Theres a reason they call it fishing and not catching. It's not about your gear, its about the technique. Plus this is something you can do for the rest of your life. Perfect the craft.

bounce the powerbait off the bottom. Rip lips.

I can only speak on trout fishing but if you are using powerbait for trout, I highly suggest the orange glitter with the anise scent. You will catch rainbows, brookies, palomino but the brown trout wont bother with it. The absoulte key to fishing powerbait dough is to make sure you have the correct weight to the water you are fishing. It needs to move down the steam naturally. If you dont have your split shot hitting the bottom and bouncing down the creek its very hard to catch them with PB. Always make sure that the line is tight and keep an eye on your line moving down stream, once it stops pick up the tip of the rod a little to see if you have a hit or are caught on the bottom.

If you are on a creek with slower to stagnant water. Sight fish but you have to be behind them. Put on the smallest split shot and toss it near the fish, they will scatter at first but will come back to check it out because of the heavy anise scent. Have patience. If one comes by and hits it and spits it back out the others will come and smash.

DO NOT PACK UP THE ROD FOR GOOD. Theres a reason they call it fishing and not catching. It's not about your gear, its about the technique. Plus this is something you can do for the rest of your life. Perfect the craft.

bounce the powerbait off the bottom. Rip lips.

God level advice, thank you!
ABB34F45-2A9A-41D1-A086-9C6D42DEB21A.gif

Back
Top Bottom