The Flash (CW Series) thread, season 9

With all these violations, the speed force should be after Barry. He essentially did all the same **** Zoom did (except murder) plus time travel violations.

I really liked the ending for Zoom with the whole Black Flash potential set up.

Time wraiths only going for time travelling speedsters still pisses me off though.

What are they doing for rebirth to make it better than the new 52?
They're blaming everything on Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen while trying to recapture what made their comics 10 years ago I guess even though they started the New52 to get a boost in sales (which they did).

Just watched the finale. Aren't characters especially heroes suppose to grow and become more intelligent as the show progresses? That last scene makes it seem like Barry learned nothing at all.

Indeed it does, but it's in-character with how he is in the comics. After years of being the Flash and knowing the dangers of time travel he went back in time to save his mommy, screwed the world and created Flashpoint, then went back in time and created the New 52. Afterwards, a future version of that same Barry Allen went back in time again and started changing various things :lol: Barry Allen is honestly the last person who should have the ability to time travel, because he never learns a damn thing.

I was rolling when he met Reverse Flash to ask about the tachyons and Wells accused him of not knowing what he was doing :lol:

If anything, he should lose his powers and wait to get them at a later point like how it was suppose to originally happen.

Still a dumbass decision though :lol: Rationally, we'd hope Barry matures, makes smarter decisions but knowing him he'll be so terrified of the new present he created, he'll rush to Wells and Cisco and try to convince them to strap him in to a ckntained particle axxelerator and get struck by lightning/eletrocuted.

Plus it's a good way to keep Henry, Wells, etc. on the show.

I actually watched Flashpoint Paradox again on Netflix last night and if they go that route there needs to be a scene where Barry tries to get his powers back and fails.

View media item 2045671
Give him a bit of suffering.

Agreed with it allowing Wells to stay on the show in more roles though. Guy that plays him is a solid actor. Would actually be interesting to see Reverse Flash Wells meet Earth-2 Wells.

Well at the time Reverse Flash tries to kill Barry he hadn't stolen Wells body yet. So ppl may finally be able to get use to Thawne's face as the real villain.

I keep thinking about it and things get deeper. Barry was basically willing to undo the deaths of Thawne and Zoom insuring they'll be threats again just to get his parents back :lol: :smh: Hope it was worth it.

Don't matter now but I wanted Zoom to involve his Earth 1 counterpart as insurance :lol: Just so Barry would have yet another enemy.

Last edited:
Like someone said Iris will probably hate barry now in this altered timeline. Dude c-blocking himself. SMH.

Question so before thawne went back and killed Barry's mom the flash existed with both parents correct ??

Question so before thawne went back and killed Barry's mom the flash existed with both parents correct ??

Yes. There was a completely unseen original timeline where Barry's mom was never killed and his dad never went to jail. Thawne then decided to travel back in time (After losing to the Flash however many times) to kill Child Barry. Barry's future self then followed him and saved Child Barry. Thawne then killed Nora, Henry went to jail, and the timeline we've been watching since Season 1 resulted from that.

Last edited:
Great season, 23 episodes is a lot though. Wish each season was more compact with 16 episodes.
Think about it. This season started October 6th and ended May 24th :x Thats almost 7 months

Last edited:
As much as I agree with y'all about Barry smashing Iris, they are portraying his love life just like in the comics

He's not very good with girls hence why he acts the way he does in the show... Its something we have to get use to :lol:

Great season, 23 episodes is a lot though. Wish each season was more compact with 16 episodes.
Think about it. This season started October 6th and ended May 24th
sick.gif
Thats almost 7 months
Don't forget the constant breaks they had in between. They really stretched out this season. But I'm ok with it, because now it only feels like a couple months before season 3 starts. 

Can someone explain this time remnant thing again?
Basically a speedster time travels back in time only a few moments so they exist with a version of themselves only a few moments behind.

Usually, you'd be stuck with a double in the present unless you can get one of them to time travel in to the future those exact few moments so since that's pretty hard instead one of them has to die.

What Zoom did was have his pretend to be the Flash after they had captured the Jay Garrick Flash from Earth 3 just for ******* fun as they messed up their city and since he's so crazy eventually convinced dude to die. Also he somehow retains his memories somehow.

Am I the only one that often finds Flash super confusing, with all the time stuff and reveals ...

Like there are some things that are completely lost on me.

Last edited:
So another question. If Zoom isnt dying anymore, why is his electricity still blue?
Blue electricity doesn't necessarily mean death. It's just an indicator of the velocity drug[emoji]128137[/emoji] or abuse of it.

In Zoom's case, the damage has been done. Doubt it was gonna change back just cuz he added Barry's speed.

Last edited:
All I could say while watching that ending was... "Barry, you're a jerk." Dear God, the ramifications of what he did.... :smh:

All I could say while watching that ending was... "Barry, you're a jerk." Dear God, the ramifications of what he did....
mean.gif
I don't know why they wasted our time having an ep dedicated to him finally accepting his mom's death if he was just gonna go and do that anyways.

Writers for this show sometimes man. Most of the time actually 
mean.gif
 And it's STILL better than Arrow 
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

Writers for this show sometimes man. Most of the time actually 
mean.gif
 And it's STILL better than Arrow 
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
I agree with everything you said

Just goes to show how far Arrow has fallen
roll.gif
After the Milf Queen got shanked by my ***** Slade and he snitched to Laurel about Ollie being the Arrow, show just plummeted straight down. Did not pass GO, did not collect $200.

Yeah, Zoom was actually a solid villain. I was tired of Darkh before the season was even over.

Back
Top Bottom